unpopular things you love

gr8pumpkin

smoking pipe (tobacco), the smell of a library, single malt scotch, making stone tools (i.e., flintknapping), blaring classical music (i.e., Verdi, Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Mahler, Bruckner, Strauss, Zemlinsky, Rachmaninov, etc.), foraging and cooking with said foraged goods (i.e., wild plants/berries/mushrooms), driving long distances, voting, listening to the radio, talking shop (in this case, anthropology/archaeology/method/theory).   

smoking pipe (tobacco), the smell of a library, single malt scotch, making stone tools (i.e., flintknapping), blaring classical music (i.e., Verdi, Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Mahler, Bruckner, Strauss, Zemlinsky, Rachmaninov, etc.), foraging and cooking with said foraged goods (i.e., wild plants/berries/mushrooms), driving long distances, voting, listening to the radio, talking shop (in this case, anthropology/archaeology/method/theory).   

I like you; specifically interests 1, 2, 4, 5, and 8. Paints a wonderful picture.

You're a badass. o_o Remind me to never mess with you.

Ha! Hardly - I think archaeologists just tend to be oddballs with a penchant for the off-beat. As you will note, DigDeep has accumulated some seriously BAMF-status interests. Just don't pick on us, & we won't come running after you with homemade atlatls made of obsidian & rabbit sinew. ;)

Please be my new friend! I have been racking up an impressive selection of voting rights that I would be happy to share with you.

Brussels sprouts (SO delicious with a little sea salt and olive oil on top, especially after you boil them halfway through and then fry them a bit to get them crispy), fig-flavored vodka, 19th century British novels by written by women besides Pride & Prejudice and Jane Eyre (ex: the other Bronte sisters, George Eliot), being under 30 and not having a smartphone, eating the entire fruit including the core and carefully removing the seeds (ex: pear, apple), peeling an orange in one long unbroken strip, being in the airport at dawn after waking up at 4 to catch your flight and seeing the sunrise from the airplane window as you take off.

Edited by maelia8

Staying in and heading to bed early, as opposed to going out or staying up late with friends, at night.  I've tried going out at night with friends, but no matter where we go, be it noisy downtown or a low-key bar, I just want to go home to my bed.  My friend had me watch "Up!" with her really late at night (I'm talking like 2am), and it was a great movie, but a tortuous endeavor. I just wanted, more than anything, to sleep ... I get really cranky and weepy in those situations.

And um ... ketchup.  Ketchup in things such as ramen, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, peas, other soups, and fettucine alfredo ... *hides* I know this thread isn't titled "weird things you love," but I think that falls under the "unpopular" category as well. 

Edited by gingin6789