Decision Made Relief Party!

Hi, all!

I just accepted an offer at Stony Brook, so I thought this would be a great place to say where we're going this Fall and to celebrate after a long, difficult journey! Congratulations to everyone, and good luck to all who are still deliberating!

Congrats, all! I'm glad to finally join this party. I'll be attending the University of New Mexico to get my Ph.D this fall. I thought I'd feel more relieved, but now I'm overwhelmed by the thesis I've ignored for a month. Oops. 

It is entirely possible/probable. But there were so many people that I have no idea. I was one of the people that lamented about grading annotated bibliographies though :P

There is nothing worse than grading annotated bibliographies.

I'm grading about 20 revised papers written by my Brit Lit I (historical survey of British literature) class, and I must say, they've done some nice work and I'm actually enjoying grading them ;)  Don't mean to rub it in or brag, just wanted to point out that once you get to the point where you teach lit courses in your subfield filled with more advanced undergrads, the grading drudgery gets better!

I'm working on grading 50 proposals right now, and then they turn in their final research papers in a couple weeks. I actually don't mind the research papers though because I make them all pick different topics from each other so I don't get bored :D