Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

I've called Michigan and have more info on the wait list.

The graduate program coordinator said they shoot for a specific cohort size and the wait list is ranked by subfield. Generally, they pick people off the wait list if others in the subfield accept other offers. They said they typically know more around the last week of March after the admitted students visit.

And, no, they don't tell you where you rank. :)

First acceptance from IUB, five-year funding package, phone call.

Political theory with a concentration on critical theory.

Finally can sleep well now.

Congrats!  (and thumbs up for critical theory )

I'm in at Michigan as well!

On another note, I really hope Hopkins notifies soon!!!!

Edited by NMLogan

I emailed the DGS at Princeton and says he hopes that all acceptances for Princeton go out over the next few days.

That's good news because all hope isn't lost. It's bad news, though, because now I'm going to be incessantly checking my email. 

I've called Michigan and have more info on the wait list.

The graduate program coordinator said they shoot for a specific cohort size and the wait list is ranked by subfield. Generally, they pick people off the wait list if others in the subfield accept other offers. They said they typically know more around the last week of March after the admitted students visit.

And, no, they don't tell you where you rank. :)

Alright, so now the question is: who has been accepted to Michigan with a focus in Methods? 

It looked like it...it mentioned me by name and subfield but other than that seemed pretty formulaic. I have no idea if they're admitting in waves or not.

got a mass rejection email from them today, it seems like they have notified all the rejections.

I know this keeps coming up -- but I still haven't heard from NYU, and I see there have been batches of acceptances and rejections, with the latest rejections coming today.  I even see some waitlists.  

How should I interpret this (speculate with me!)?  I've been avoiding calling the office during such a busy period...

Wait, so Princeton isn't done? Very confused. Any theory people hear from Princeton? Maybe they notify by subfield?

Yeah this is confusing.  I'm comparative and have not heard anything.  They could be doing batches -- it looks like in past years acceptances and rejections have come out on the same day, and this doesn't seem to be the case now...

I know this keeps coming up -- but I still haven't heard from NYU, and I see there have been batches of acceptances and rejections, with the latest rejections coming today.  I even see some waitlists.  

How should I interpret this (speculate with me!)?  I've been avoiding calling the office during such a busy period...

I'm in the same position. I'm assuming rejection. Although maybe acceptances are coming out in waves per subfield? Do you happen to be comparative as well?

Yeah this is confusing.  I'm comparative and have not heard anything.  They could be doing batches -- it looks like in past years acceptances and rejections have come out on the same day, and this doesn't seem to be the case now...

I called them and they told that all acceptances will be e-mailed by the end of the week. Princeton has a large program, so this is probably one of the few remaining opportunities for me, given 7 rejections and the fact that remaining schools are extremely competitive.

Edited by Evgeny55

Comparative as well.  Hmm perhaps we're on to something -- anyone else not heard/subfield?

I'm comparative as well and have not heard. Though I would be very surprised if I had an acceptance coming from them as it wasn't one of my best fits.

There should just be a place, besides the comments, where people could list subfield on the results page. Life would be so much easier.

There should be a place, besides my bed, where people who are having a PhD-driven existential crisis PRIOR to even entering the program could hide and cower in uncertainty and self-doubt. Life would be marginally easier.