Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Saw two rejections / one acceptance from UVA, but I've Still got no word. Can anyone claim them? Also - when did the rejection emails arrive and what subfields are you guys? I'm on the edge of my seatttttttt. I would love to stay in-state since I'm close with my family... [insert wine here]

Edited by souwant2bcliche

fwiw, barring administrative hold-ups from the Graduate School (GSAS), Yale will be cleared to release decisions Tuesday. If anyone has questions about the program, feel free to PM me. As with most schools, there is a lot of misinformation on this forum and elsewhere about the training and department, especially since a lot of stuff has been overhauled in the past 3-5 years. I hardly ever visit this forum (and my mental health thanks me for it), but am happy to answer private messages.

Good luck, and remember, hope dies last!

Thank you very, very much for this information.

*crosses fingers*

Saw two rejections / one acceptance from UVA, but I've Still got no word. Can anyone claim them? Also - when did the rejection emails arrive and what subfields are you guys? I'm on the edge of my seatttttttt. I would love to stay in-state since I'm close with my family... [insert wine here]

I've not heard anything via email and no update on the website. From the results page it looks like they can be rather slow to inform people if they're waitlisted or rejected.. 

Hopefully you hear some good news.

Edited by AuldReekie

I've not heard anything via email and no update on the website. From the results page it looks like they can be rather slow to inform people if they're waitlisted or rejected.. 

Hopefully you hear some good news.

Thanks! Same luck to you! 

Haven't heard yet from Indiana either, if that helps at all! So I don't think they're doing them all at once. I remember last year I heard back from them later than a lot of other schools, although it was a reject so maybe the timing doesn't mean much. 

Has anyone heard from Indiana? I saw some posts on Results Search, was wondering when do they announce them all..

Got a call to announce acceptance too. But since there are only 3 posted, I think they are still working on it.

Theory subfield.

I think it is very safe to say that anyone who has not heard back from UNC or UCLA is not accepted outright. I would also bet that it implies rejection, or on the waitlist for the waitlist based on historic data.

Also, it is my impression that in the American and IR subfields quite a few can come off the waitlist at Princeton, although in comparative and methods virtually no one comes off of the list.

I think it is very safe to say that anyone who has not heard back from UNC or UCLA is not accepted outright. I would also bet that it implies rejection, or on the waitlist for the waitlist based on historic data.

Also, it is my impression that in the American and IR subfields quite a few can come off the waitlist at Princeton, although in comparative and methods virtually no one comes off of the list.

This could be the case, but it seems to me it could easily be an issue of sample size as well...

anyone claiming the MIT admit?

I just got a call from a professor at MIT saying I was admitted. So excited - more, below-freezing  MA weather is (possibly) in my future! 

They told me they are calling all admits over the next couple of days and mailing admission packages on Tuesday (so depends on snail mail how soon you'll get it). 

Edited by poliscigoat

I just got a call from a professor at MIT saying I was admitted. So excited - more, below-freezing  MA weather is (possibly) in my future! 

They told me they are calling all admits over the next couple of days and mailing admission packages on Tuesday (so depends on snail mail how soon you'll get it). 

Congrats! Hopefully I hear something soon. What was your subfield? 

I think the Harvard posts are probably fake.

Duke and Chicago sent out acceptances a few weeks ago, so if you haven't heard yet it's probably not good news. I haven't been following UCLA so not sure on that. According to posters above MIT is just starting to notify now.

Another troll posting Harvard Govt admits or is that legit?

Given that there are a fair number, they could well be legit.

If i haven't heard anything from ucla duke chicago and MIT yet it's a silent rejection right?

poliscigoat said MIT is still contacting people, so you're probably not SOL on that front yet.

Another troll posting Harvard Govt admits or is that legit?

1) Harvard has never sent acceptances on a Sunday and some of them claim they received the email on 2/15

2) None of them provide any information

3) Harvard has never released before 2/22, and the last two years they released in the first week of March.

I'm going to say fake.