Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Rejected from Indiana. Applying to 14 schools has lead to a lot of rejections..  but it's amazing how just one acceptance takes the sting out of all the other rejections :)

Pretty much just waiting on Cornell and UPenn. If I hear nothing from those two then I'll be off to Texas! Best use the next few months to work on my R skills...

Rejected from Indiana. Applying to 14 schools has lead to a lot of rejections..  but it's amazing how just one acceptance takes the sting out of all the other rejections :)

Pretty much just waiting on Cornell and UPenn. If I hear nothing from those two then I'll be off to Texas! Best use the next few months to work on my R skills...

Yale offers should be out today or tomorrow. I really want to get in: I think research fit is good. I did not receive anything from UCLA, though, perhaps I still have some chances at UCLA.

Those who have received acceptances to Yale: did you all get personalized emails/phone calls? I just got an email with information about visit days and a form letter of acceptance addressed to "Prospective PhD student." The email didn't contain any funding information, and I'm eager to share the news with my advisor, though with recent mishaps of accidental admissions emails, I'm plagued by the fear that this email was sent in error (which isn't helped by the fact that it's a form letter without my name in there anywhere).

Those who have received acceptances to Yale: did you all get personalized emails/phone calls? I just got an email with information about visit days and a form letter of acceptance addressed to "Prospective PhD student." The email didn't contain any funding information, and I'm eager to share the news with my advisor, though with recent mishaps of accidental admissions emails, I'm plagued by the fear that this email was sent in error (which isn't helped by the fact that it's a form letter without my name in there anywhere).

Doorkeeper you just need to click your heels three times and believe.

I know, man. Shit is definitely getting to me. haha.  I only applied to 6 schools so each one seems momentous.

I remember waiting for college acceptance way back when and basically all the schools announced on the same day.  That was a piece of cake compared to this slow trickle of information to decide your fate.

Edited by Doorkeeper

Call from a POI in the morning, email from another POI an hour later, then what sounds like the same generic email in the afternoon.

For those who got e-mail rejections from Yale, was it solicited? 

I haven't received anything either but I'll just have to assume it's a reject, if generic emails are being sent out...

I emailed the DGS and the director nicely told me I was rejected. Didn't make the pain any less real, but at least she was nice about it.