Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Weirdly enough, I still got no response from UCLA. Previous year they sent mass rejections on 26-27 of February. I dropped them couple of messages but did not get any response. This is a little annoying actually. I got rejected from Columbia, but I really appreciated that they sent notifications fast; same was true for UM at Ann Arbor, for instance. With UCLA, I just don't know what to think since they sent bunch of rejections earlier and I did not get any updates on the application status...

Yeah, this is super frustrating.

Well I got into Claremont for their PhD program and into UCSD for the Masters in International Relations. I am very happy about both admissions and do now realize that I should have applied to Masters programs first. That way I could have demonstrated my qualifications as a graduate student in the field of political science, gathered the proper qualitative research skills and training to depict myself as a qualified and successful applicant for the PhD programs. I also realized that my law degree and license, while venerable, really do not bear much relevance to the field of political science. 

I received my acceptance to Claremont around a week ago, and am pleased for the fact that several of their faculty members are actual people that I would consider an honor to study under. It is relatively close to my folks' home and I really like the program itself. My father was hoping from the beginning that I choose CGU. He really loves that school. 

I received notification of my admission in UCSD's MIA program a few hours ago and was also quite pleased. The more I reflect, the more I see that that route would enable me to pursue careers with global private firms, intelligence agencies or pursue a PhD later on at UCSD, my first choice school. I should receive any funding information sometime next week. 

I am still hoping for admission into Chicago's Masters program. I have not yet received a rejection for their PhD program, and suspect that I may have been reviewed for admission into the MAPSS program. I have my fingers crossed that that may indeed be the case. 

I am counting my blessings, and after a definite and taxing period am glad that my dreams are not fully vitiated, but rather altered. 

I just wanted to share this with all of you, and to all of you who have reached out to me in private. :)

Edited by Facade19

Well I got into Claremont for their PhD program and into UCSD for the Masters in International Relations. I am very happy about both admissions and do now realize that I should have applied to Masters programs first. That way I could have demonstrated my qualifications as a graduate student in the field of political science, gathered the proper qualitative research skills and training to depict myself as a qualified and successful applicant for the PhD programs. I also realized that my law degree and license, while venerable, really do not bear much relevance to the field of political science. 

I received my acceptance to Claremont around a week ago, and am pleased for the fact that several of their faculty members are actual people that I would consider an honor to study under. It is relatively close to my folks' home and I really like the program itself. My father was hoping from the beginning that I choose CGU. He really loves that school. 

I received notification of my admission in UCSD's MIA program a few hours ago and was also quite pleased. The more I reflect, the more I see that that route would enable me to pursue careers with global private firms, intelligence agencies or pursue a PhD later on at UCSD, my first choice school. I should receive any funding information sometime next week. 

I am still hoping for admission into Chicago's Masters program. I have not yet received a rejection for their PhD program, and suspect that I may have been reviewed for admission into the MAPSS program. I have my fingers crossed that that may indeed be the case. 

I am counting my blessings, and after a definite and taxing period am glad that my dreams are not fully vitiated, but rather altered. 

I just wanted to share this with all of you, and to all of you who have reached out to me in private. :)

Congratulations! This is a great news! I did not reach out to you in private but was secretly hoping that you would come back when I noticed that you became a bit quiet in this forum. I am glad you came back, but not only so but with a great news of acceptances. I am truly excited for you and my fingers are also crossed for your Chicago's Masters program. Hope the odds are in your favor. Congrats! Knew you could do it, it just took a bit of time. 

EDIT: I also applied to CGU but silence on my end. I guess that's a rejection for me.

Edited by visgiven

Are you planning to accept the offer? If not, it'd be really awesome if you could reject it asap for us poor souls on the waitlist.

Oh man, this makes me feel so bad now. I am currently leaning toward Pitt after talking to current students there and professors (both at the department and at my current institution). I am not sure if they have waitlist by subfield, but I'm IR. Hopefully you are not..?

Congratulations! I am really happy for you. As everyone on this forum, you are a highly motivated applicant and totally deserved this outcome! 

COME ON HOPKINS.

(I had a phone interview last friday and they said "within a week" so...it's that time!)

I'm a bit confused because there are already two acceptances on the results page. Did interview all short-listed applicants? What was the interview about?

Edited by Brandon263

Has anyone been wait listed and/or rejected at Pitt?  I received an email stating they were "interested in my app...and that they may be able to allow additional students in within the next two months...in that case we will contact you before mid-April"?  The email looked very generic, and I'm not sure if this means I was wait listed or if this was sent in mass.  Anyone get anything similar?

I just got an acceptance to Hopkins in an brief email from the DGS this afternoon.

I actually sent an inquiry to the coordinator earlier today since there were decisions posted, and was told they were meeting today and sending out decisions Monday.

Thats the information I have.

Every time I see a Harvard result in another department, I get jumpy.

Harvard - OH SHIT

Chemistry - ohhhhhhh

Try this, it list only results for Political Science: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=%28politics%7Cgovernment%7Cpolitical%29&t=a&pp=25

Has anyone been wait listed and/or rejected at Pitt?  I received an email stating they were "interested in my app...and that they may be able to allow additional students in within the next two months...in that case we will contact you before mid-April"?  The email looked very generic, and I'm not sure if this means I was wait listed or if this was sent in mass.  Anyone get anything similar?

There is one rejection from today.

So, funny story.

I just got email from one of our admits, who told me he was excited to have received notification about his financial aid status. I was more than a little surprised, because I'd been told by the Graduate School that those emails weren't going out until next week. In fact, at this point they don't even reflect final financial aid allocations (although they did in this case, fortunately).

Our admit was kind enough to forward his email to me. It was from a web tech at the Graduate School. The subject was "Your Subject will go here." The body read, "Hello, Jawed your message body will go here!!" The award letter was attached.

First of all, if you received a similar letter, please DM me and let me know.

Second, knowing how on-edge all of you are, I should assure you that (1) if you didn't receive such a letter, it means nothing; and (2) if you did receive such a letter, you might get a better offer next week, but you won't get a worse one.

Third, knowing how clever all of you are, I must ask you please not to write to the Graduate School in the hopes that you, too, can receive an early financial aid letter by mistake.

Thank you.

Edited by BFB

letsgo2015, I didn't post in the results page, but I received a rejection email today from Pitt...so maybe they did waitlist/rejections? But you're email doesn't sound like a rejection, so there may be hope! :)

I received a formal rejection letter from Pitt yesterday as well.