Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

To whoever posted on the results page about silence from UPenn, also in the same boat. I've heard nothing either way. I'm considering it a silent rejection but who knows, stranger things right...

It seems like all Yale acceptances have been sent out. Should we assume rejection then? Has anybody been waitlisted? I emailed the DGS on Friday but she didn't get back to me.

I agreed that all acceptances have been sent out. I have not seen any waitlists posted on the results page, which is odd.  Yale is normally quick with releasing all decisions at the same time, so this is a bit weird.

Doorkeeper, are you theory, CP, or what?

Theory.

Just received an email from NYU offering me admission to the Master's program, which explains the long wait from when others received acceptances/rejections.

I have a strong PhD offer already (and still waiting on several others), so I won't throw my money at NYU for a MA. 

Has anyone heard back from Hopkins or have any idea when they might release results?

Previous years indicate that they notify acceptances by email either the last week of February or the first week of March.  Note that they notify waitlists and rejections through sending letters, not email, so it takes a bit longer.  If you need an answer soon, then consider emailing the DGS after you see acceptances on the results page.

Has anyone heard back from Hopkins or have any idea when they might release results?

I recieved an e-mail this morning telling me that two of my letters were missing even though my referees said they submitted them (that's also what it said on the applyyourself page). But I had to send them again, which tells me that they are just starting to review the apps. But have no idea how long this would take. maybe a week or shorter?

Just received an email from NYU offering me admission to the Master's program, which explains the long wait from when others received acceptances/rejections.

I have a strong PhD offer already (and still waiting on several others), so I won't throw my money at NYU for a MA. 

Same.  Can we talk about the two seconds when you begin reading an email from NYU GSAS and see "I am very pleased to inform you that..." and then see MA instead of PhD. God. Dammit.