Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

So is Harvard the last hold out here? Seems like everything else is silent...

Still waiting on Northwestern (informal waitlist?) and Penn (waitlist/rejection). Penn grad coordinator said that decisions would be out by Friday.

Georgetown might not have even looked at my application because I missed one semester of my transcripts, and it turns out my main professor of interest is moving next year.

Still waiting on Northwestern (informal waitlist?) and Penn (waitlist/rejection). Penn grad coordinator said that decisions would be out by Friday.

Georgetown might not have even looked at my application because I missed one semester of my transcripts, and it turns out my main professor of interest is moving next year.

How did you find out that you are waitlisted at Pitt? I haven't heard anything from them, and there is no indication of any decision on the application portal.

Hope you hear something positive from Northwestern and/or Penn

How did you find out that you are waitlisted at Pitt? I haven't heard anything from them, and there is no indication of any decision on the application portal.

Hope you hear something positive from Northwestern and/or Penn

There is a waitlist posted on the results page from Feb. 10.

Looking at previous years, I'd say at this point no notification may mean implicit rejection (same with UIUC). I'm still going with no news is good news, though.

Pittsburgh did not e-mail me.. Does that mean a silent rejection? 

I received an admission email from Pitt on Feb. 9th (with letter attached). According to the Results Search, it seems Pitt officially notifies their waitlisters rather than silently waitlisting applicants. So I am not sure what they'll do with those who haven't heard yet. But it's a bit odd for Pitt this year though, because it seems they notified rejections pretty soon after notifying acceptances and waitlists in recent years. Maybe they are still deciding? Not sure, and who knows...  :huh:

Academia.edu is great/annoying. Someone clicked through from my CV at the start of the month via the applyweb/Penn system which has the URL admit.applyweb.com.. luckily I didn't see it at the time!

I'm pessimistic by nature, but it would seem like our heads our on the chopping block.. from a look at the results page they don't seem to really do wait-lists.

Edited by AuldReekie

Pittsburgh did not e-mail me.. Does that mean a silent rejection? 

I have a friend in the program who told me that all remaining decisions would go out mid-March (he went to the office and asked today). I'm IR subfield, though. So, not sure the subfields of the announcements already put up. 

I received an admission email from Pitt on Feb. 9th (with letter attached). According to the Results Search, it seems Pitt officially notifies their waitlisters rather than silently waitlisting applicants. So I am not sure what they'll do with those who haven't heard yet. But it's a bit odd for Pitt this year though, because it seems they notified rejections pretty soon after notifying acceptances and waitlists in recent years. Maybe they are still deciding? Not sure, and who knows...  :huh:

Are you planning to accept the offer? If not, it'd be really awesome if you could reject it asap for us poor souls on the waitlist.

I have a friend in the program who told me that all remaining decisions would go out mid-March (he went to the office and asked today). I'm IR subfield, though. So, not sure the subfields of the announcements already put up. 

souwant2bcliche, have you heard from UVA? I'm IR subfield, as well and haven't heard anything yet

Nothing here, but it seems they didn't notify many people until April in previous years

I know that a batch of rejections have gone out a few weeks ago. I am curious if they are doing it based on subfield or what

Ah, I didn't notice that. I can only see one rejection on the page?

Really? That's weird. But I know of a few people outside the forum who got rejections.

You are probably seeing different results because you are likely searching different things.

Since UVA techinically refers to their programs as a "Politics" PhD, rather than 'Political Science', results get entered under both.

But, to get in on the UVA conversation, I have not heard from them either.

Hopefully I get in though....with a generous cheese burger funding package.

oh, and just in case anyone wanted to know how I play hardball with ad comms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2F-XuDMpDM

Edited by Bubandis

Weirdly enough, I still got no response from UCLA. Previous year they sent mass rejections on 26-27 of February. I dropped them couple of messages but did not get any response. This is a little annoying actually. I got rejected from Columbia, but I really appreciated that they sent notifications fast; same was true for UM at Ann Arbor, for instance. With UCLA, I just don't know what to think since they sent bunch of rejections earlier and I did not get any updates on the application status...

Thank you very much..  I guess I should wait a bit more for everything to be clear.