Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

I've just found out I've been placed on the wait list at Harvard, do you know if anybody ever rejects their offers at Harvard? Is there any chance? I'm afraid no one does.

How in the world did you find that out? Thom Wall has made it clear that decisions would not go out until March 3rd. 

I got an email from Nicole Tateosian 15 minutes ago!

So, just to be clear - you've applied to the Kennedy School doctoral program in Political Economy, Social Policy, Health Policy, and/or Social Policy and not the doctoral program in Government from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences. Correct?  

So, just to be clear - you've applied to the Kennedy School doctoral program in Political Economy, Social Policy, Health Policy, and/or Social Policy and not the doctoral program in Government from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences. Correct?  

I've applied to the PhD program in Political Economy and Government! The application process is managed by the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences though.

Edited by phdpolisci_90

Folks, just to clarify for those who are nervous: Political Economy and Government and Government are two different beasts. In the PEG PhD program you should write a dissertation in political economy and have persons from both Econ and Government department on your committee. For Government PhD you will be Department of Government graduate student, and while you still can write dissertation in political economy, typically you won't have Econ professors on your guidance committee and will work with professors at Government department. Competition for admission to each program is separate competition. 

Convinced that polisci job rumors losers are posting yale notices just to toy with us. Mission accomplished, mission accomplished.

Maybe if they spent less time on forums, and more time studying statistics, they could get published.  Fucking twats.  

I've been accepted to Brown!  University email to check ApplyWeb, where a letter was posted with some funding information (but not complete)....so far no news from the department.  

Woo congratulations! thumbs up back on critical theory

Anyone else visiting UT Austin next week?  

Yep, I'll be visiting UT-Austin next week.

I'll be visiting UT-Austin as well. I'll be sure to maintain my anonymity and wear a name tag with my actual name on it...

I consider myself really lucky, this was my first cycle, applied as an international student with an awful quant GRE score and poor undergrad GPA. However, using the forums and constructing my applications whilst taking into account everyone's tips and advice has resulted in me receiving 3 offers out of 8 so far! One being my 2nd choice with funding for 5 years! Just awaiting an admission decision from my top choice, where two POIs invited me to the campus yesterday and advised me that I'm very likely to get admission! Irrespective of that outcome, with at least one good offer, I'm confident that I've survived this cycle!

Everyone who is still waiting, don't give up hope! My file wasn't the strongest overall but I've been able to overcome it in other areas. I don't think I would have been able to achieve this without everyone's advice and support on here! Thanks so much! I am so grateful for this thread and all of you on here!