Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

They sent me a generic email titled, "Your Columbia GSAS decision". The updated application status showed up on the application status page. Hope that helps!

Thank you! I guess I just have to wait. And congratulations with admission!

Thank you! I guess I just have to wait. And congratulations with admission!

Wonder whether only 1 batch of update for admission and 1 for rejections.. hopefully not!

It's very annoying that the statuses are not changed at the same time for both accepted and rejected applicants.  I just want to know that I'm rejected so that I can write them off and move onto praying to the shrine of my other schools.

Definitely this. Or possibly firing off resumes on a weekly basis.

I'm really hoping we hear back from Vanderbilt soon. The fact that one person emailed them last week and they replied that the end of last week was a possibility has to indicate that they're close to a decision...

Somebody a couple pages back said they were in at Vanderbilt.

Christ.  Columbia and Princeton, y u tease so muchhh?!!!!

Also, I am not displeased by the fact that they do not send out the acceptances and rejections at the same time.  However, I am puzzle by how a mass wave of NYU rejections went out (i think?) and acceptances, but I have no word.  Caved and e-mailed the GSAS.   At this point I have implicit denials at UNC, UCLA, NYU.

Waiting on the hail mary of Princeton.  

Christ.  Columbia and Princeton, y u tease so muchhh?!!!!

Also, I am not displeased by the fact that they do not send out the acceptances and rejections at the same time.  However, I am puzzle by how a mass wave of NYU rejections went out (i think?) and acceptances, but I have no word.  Caved and e-mailed the GSAS.   At this point I have implicit denials at UNC, UCLA, NYU.

Waiting on the hail mary of Princeton.  

Can you loop me in on what you hear?  Baffled by NYU as well -- I haven't heard anything yet.

Checking e-mail every five minutes. Previous year Columbia sent all acceptances at one day. 

Same. I think I might die of a heart attack. Andrew Gelman and Macartan Humphreys are my all time favorite political scientists and I would kill to work with them. 

Just got curious, what is the likelihood of getting an acceptance email by mistake?

Doesn't seem very likely for PhD programs. Perhaps for Masters or for programs with larger cohorts than the PhD. But given the fact that many programs accept initially by way of a POI and then officially through DGS or an admissions committee member, I don't see it happening.