2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

columbia09

This could mean a number of things. It could mean you were deemed admissable by the committe but this doesnt guarantee funding (or necessarily acceptance) it has to be allocated to you. Each department does this differently. Anyways it sounds good and congrats, dont get your hopes up too much yet though. I was selected in the first round of "top applicants" and nevertheless waitlisted not at UNM...another school.

Also congrats on the acceptance to Nebraska. Hopefully you will get a funded offer but I wouldn't take an unfunded offer if I were you. If you trust the POI and he feels confident he or she can get you funding in the Spring then maybe but it still seems a bit unappealing to me. Hopefully you will get funding at Rice or Umass though.

Gl

And what do you see on the Rice portal?

It still says under review. Chaos, thank you and I understand. I'm just happy that I still have a chance at Rive despite what a lot of other people have told me. The spring idea is interesting if I'm not awarded funding for the fall then maybe it's possible for him to admit me in the spring if funding becomes available ?

Edited by columbia09

I think it's safe to say that UT is pretty much done. They'll probably accept a handful of applicants as people they accepted go elsewhere but that's about it. Same with VT I called and all TA positions have been awarded with three applicants still having no decisions. UMass will make their decisions either this week or next most likely and the other big state schools should be doing the same. We're in March so we all should be getting news soon 

So how many people are left that have heard absolutely nothing from anyone?

Over here! But I'm supposed to hear back within the next two weeks. This was when I got rejections last year :\

Edited by ssynny

I think it's safe to say that UT is pretty much done. They'll probably accept a handful of applicants as people they accepted go elsewhere but that's about it. Same with VT I called and all TA positions have been awarded with three applicants still having no decisions. UMass will make their decisions either this week or next most likely and the other big state schools should be doing the same. We're in March so we all should be getting news soon 

Why do you think that?

I've seen in the search results that there are some acceptances in march, in late march things get mixed between acceptances and rejections.

So how many people are left that have heard absolutely nothing from anyone?

All departments I applied to are still maintaining radio silence. Based on some email responses from POIs, I only still have a chance at 3/5 schools.

Anyone hear from Colorado re: masters?

Not me but I had a friend whose been accepted to UC Boulder and another person who was at a different PSW this last weekend with me had already been accepted as well

edit that I'm not sure if these were unofficial acceptances via professor or official offers through the school

Edited by AKGeo

I was in contact with my POI for a while and have not heard back from him/her in the past 3 months or so (At Boulder). Few emails have been sent to them as well. Interesting, hoping to hear back some positive news soon!

Edited by MechRxn

I have a friend who applied to UC Boulder and School of Mines. He is an exceptional student and has a wealth of good research along with extracurriculars. He is like the poster child application, at least compared to me. He hasn't heard anything back either. 

If you haven't done it already I recommend that you email or call your POIs. That's how I found out about all this

I'm gonna try and wait until the 15th before I start bugging them again. Keyword is *try* 

Does anyone know much about spring admissions? It seems like some schools accept applications, but how many students do they admit? Are your chances significantly lower? I know it is likely dependent on the school, but just trying to get an idea. Thanks.