Ph.D. applications 2014-2015 chit chat

seroteamavi

I haven't from Princeton Seminary, but I did hear from Princeton proper. Not sure if that helps. 

Thanks for the heads-up! I don't know if it would have any bearing, since Princeton Seminary and Princeton University are two completely separate institutions. But, again, thanks for the heads-up!

Someone on the results page posted that they were "notified in person by poi" that they were waitlisted for the Committee on the Study of Religion (CSR) at Harvard. So I would guess that NELC and CSR notifications may be out any day now.

I haven't heard anything from Princeton Seminary. From the results page posts from last year, two people posted that PTS conducted Skype interviews for Hebrew Bible in late January, but there isn't anything posted about notifications or interviews with PTS this year for any program.

Someone on the results page posted that they were "notified in person by poi" that they were waitlisted for the Committee on the Study of Religion (CSR) at Harvard. So I would guess that NELC and CSR notifications may be out any day now.

I haven't heard anything from Princeton Seminary. From the results page posts from last year, two people posted that PTS conducted Skype interviews for Hebrew Bible in late January, but there isn't anything posted about notifications or interviews with PTS this year for any program.

Those interviews in the results page were not part of the official admissions process at PTS; they were initiated by individual professors.

At least this year, PTS does not do interviews. The closest thing that it does is host an "Admitted Student Visit Day" sometime in March for those who received acceptances. Based on the results entries, all notifications should be released on the last Friday of February (i.e., today). 

There were also two other acceptances listed on the results page that said they were contacted "via e-mail." So, who knows?

One thing that I don't understand, though: can someone explain to me why schools seem to often notify those who have been accepted before - sometimes weeks before - those who have been rejected? Can't they just put us out of our misery?! How hard is it to notify both those accepted and those rejected at the same time?

Yeah, I noticed that same dynamic about the interviews this year and the lack of interviews posted this year. Again, who knows?

Those interviews in the results page were not part of the official admissions process at PTS; they were initiated by individual professors.

At least this year, PTS does not do interviews. The closest thing that it does is host an "Admitted Student Visit Day" sometime in March for those who received acceptances. Based on the results entries, all notifications should be released on the last Friday of February (i.e., today). 

I was interviewed...

Just got notification of rejection from Princeton Seminary about two minutes ago. Not surprising. It's looking like I will be coming up empty-handed this year.

I also e-mailed someone from admissions from Duke Divinity about the ThD. She told me decisions were actually being released after 5 PM today.

Edited by newenglandshawn

Just got my rejection from Duke Divinity. This one stings more than any of the others. I had a really great meeting with the prof I wanted to write with and with the chair over the summer. The prof I want to work with actually said the words, "You need to be here."

5/8 rejections. Not looking great for me.