2016 Applicants

On February 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM, jennifer.nora said:

I'm still waiting on UVM too, and I applied at the same time also. That post made me anxious to hear back too!

Same! I applied around the same time as that poster.  I have done nothing but obsessively check my email and phone. When I looked at past acceptances it looks like UVM accepts from now until the end of March.  The acceptances were all over the place in the past, but I hope we all find out sooner rather than later!

1 hour ago, Katelyn Atkinson said:

Does anyone know when St. Rose's interview is going to be for the second round of us? A friend of mine has her interview next Friday for that school.... 

I haven't heard back from them either. I'm thinking of calling them next week and asking if all the interviews were already sent out :/

I was surprised and nervous when I got a letter from University of New Mexico already...  only to find that it was actually just a confirmation letter that they received all the materials for my application.  Phew, that scared the bejeezers outta me, although it was nice of them to send one :)  This is the second mini heart attack I got from them!  They already scared me once when their financial aid department sent me an email saying my application was incomplete (as in they can't process my financial aid app unless I'm fully accepted into the program).  Has this happened to anyone else?

On 2/14/2016 at 10:12 PM, rzilby said:

I haven't heard back from them either. I'm thinking of calling them next week and asking if all the interviews were already sent out :/

I emailed them and they said they would be emailing me in the upcoming weeks if they have more room for interviews. But idk if that means they are having more interviews or aren't..... These schools are confusing me. I made plans for march 12th and the week after that so idk what to do. 

1 hour ago, talkingcake said:

I was surprised and nervous when I got a letter from University of New Mexico already...  only to find that it was actually just a confirmation letter that they received all the materials for my application.  Phew, that scared the bejeezers outta me, although it was nice of them to send one :)  This is the second mini heart attack I got from them!  They already scared me once when their financial aid department sent me an email saying my application was incomplete (as in they can't process my financial aid app unless I'm fully accepted into the program).  Has this happened to anyone else?

Talking Cake, I got the exact same letters with the exact same reactions. 

My fingers are crossed that our next emails will have good news! 

2 hours ago, Katelyn Atkinson said:

I emailed them and they said they would be emailing me in the upcoming weeks if they have more room for interviews. But idk if that means they are having more interviews or aren't..... These schools are confusing me. I made plans for march 12th and the week after that so idk what to do. 

Oh bummer :( I'm going on a trip abroad March 10th to March 20th, so I feel you. I guess I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. 

Has anyone heard from Queen's College yet by chance? 

19 minutes ago, speechie94 said:

Same. Where have you applied?

csulb, csuf, chico state, csula, and chapman. i know chapman held interviews a week ago, but i was never contacted. haven't heard anything from csuf/csula either. i have an interview with long beach this saturday, though. where did you apply?

6 hours ago, ll321 said:

has anyone here heard anything about the cali schools? it's been awfully quiet on that front

I had an interview with Chapman last week, but I haven't heard a word from other CA schools I've applied to.  I see people saying they received invitations for interviews with CSULB and CSUSM, but I haven't received any emails from them.  Does anyone know if the interviews are given in batches?

Still waiting for an email for an interview from Syracuse.  I hope I get it this week since they sent me one last week saying they will invite people for a phone interview.

Edited by rainsonata

3 minutes ago, rainsonata said:

I had an interview with Chapman last week, but I haven't heard a word from other CA schools I've applied to.  I see people saying they received invitations for interviews with CSULB and CSUSM, but I haven't received any emails from them.  Does anyone know if the interviews are given in batches?

Still waiting for an email for an interview from Syracuse.  I hope I get it this week since they sent me one last week saying they will invite people for a phone interview.

i've only seen one other person say they got an interview with csulb (on this board), so unfortunately i don't really know what's going on there :( the email didn't say anything about the interview process (multiple batches or not) so i can't really answer your question, sorry! if they give us more info on saturday, i'll be sure to let you know 

2 minutes ago, buzzbuzz11 said:

Congrats!! I've been checking my email nonstop since I saw your post. Is your last name early in the alphabet?

No, unfortunately, it's one of the very last letters. I'm not sure if they notify in batches or what...

16 hours ago, ll321 said:

csulb, csuf, chico state, csula, and chapman. i know chapman held interviews a week ago, but i was never contacted. haven't heard anything from csuf/csula either. i have an interview with long beach this saturday, though. where did you apply?

chico and san diego. I know SD is a reach though.

16 hours ago, rainsonata said:

Hey! I had an interview with Chapman last week too...did they send you the writing sample yet? I haven't gotten it yet but they told me everyone who interviewed would have to do one! 

16 hours ago, ll321 said:

i've only seen one other person say they got an interview with csulb (on this board), so unfortunately i don't really know what's going on there :( the email didn't say anything about the interview process (multiple batches or not) so i can't really answer your question, sorry! if they give us more info on saturday, i'll be sure to let you know 

I know someone who is interviewing on Friday at CSULB - apparently it's a group interview.

1 hour ago, Jolie717 said:

I know someone who is interviewing on Friday at CSULB - apparently it's a group interview.

yeah, my interview on saturday is with a group and 2 faculty members. is your friend a current undergrad at csulb? 

6 hours ago, buzzbuzz11 said:

Congrats!! I've been checking my email nonstop since I saw your post. Is your last name early in the alphabet?

You should check your spam/junk folder. My acceptance from Iowa was in there.

3 hours ago, CTE123 said:

Hey! I had an interview with Chapman last week too...did they send you the writing sample yet? I haven't gotten it yet but they told me everyone who interviewed would have to do one! 

They gave me 15 minutes to answer a short writing prompt a little before the interview itself. 

2 hours ago, flowerbloom said:

You should check your spam/junk folder. My acceptance from Iowa was in there.

Congrats, flowerbloom! Do you think you'll end up going? I'm pretty stunned about getting in, especially since I'm from out of field.