2016 Applicants

My Temple portal still says "Complete and ready for review." 

If I remember correctly... the past 2 years everyone's portal updated over the course of a few weeks, not all at once. 

On 2/17/2016 at 6:42 PM, np22 said:

Also, anyone else applying in the New York area hear from any schools yet?

I haven't heard anything too meaningful yet. New Paltz (New York area?) asked me to verify what prereqs I had and had not completed; Brooklyn told me that my application had been forwarded on, and that I should get a decision in the next 6 weeks or so.

8 minutes ago, copaceticbroad said:

I haven't heard anything too meaningful yet. New Paltz (New York area?) asked me to verify what prereqs I had and had not completed; Brooklyn told me that my application had been forwarded on, and that I should get a decision in the next 6 weeks or so.

I applied to tc, Adelphi, St. John's and CW post...the only school I've heard anything from was post! (Interview) but I saw yesterday 1 person put up that they received a St. John's acceptance so maybe they're in the process of sending them out!

Is anyone else dying from the wait? I check this forum and the results page at least every hour, even though I know my schools (according to the past results page) won't start contacting until next week or the week after.

Side question to keep us busy... How many of you are planning on or at least are thinking of completing a PhD?

13 minutes ago, ThatSpeechGuy said:

Is anyone else dying from the wait? I check this forum and the results page at least every hour, even though I know my schools (according to the past results page) won't start contacting until next week or the week after.

Side question to keep us busy... How many of you are planning on or at least are thinking of completing a PhD?

my end goal is a phd :)

18 hours ago, ThatSpeechGuy said:

The wait is hard, but it will come to an end sooner or later.  I hope it's sooner for you all!

The program I will be attending has an MA/PhD program, but it takes 6 years, opposed to 2 for the master's.  I want to finish my master's, start my career, and start a family with my soon-to-be-husband.  (I'm 29, he's 32. Tick, tick...)

While PhD does hold some appeal for me, if I decide to do it, it will only be after I've been in the field for a little while.  I want to get some real clinical experience before deciding if a PhD is right for me.  For instance, if I decide that I would like to teach someday, I may go back for the PhD.  I don't think I would want to leave clinical practice entirely though.  That's what really appeals to me most about becoming an SLP.  I applied (and was accepted) into the pure MA program, so that's where I'm starting at the very least!

19 hours ago, ThatSpeechGuy said:

I've grown to dislike weekends because it means the likelihood of hearing back from programs decreases considerably. Ahh, what's happened to me? I can't wait for the application season to be over. :') 

As far as a PhD goes, I've really been considering it. I've enjoyed doing research in undergrad, so I wanted to get more experience and complete a masters thesis to set myself up for that next step. However, I think I'll take a year or two to gain more clinical experience and tackle my student loans. 

On 20/02/2016 at 4:44 PM, chg38 said:

anyone else hear from temple university? i checked my portal this morning and it looks like decisions were made! they said official letters are on their way :) 

Hey, Congratulations!!! Where on your portal did you see it? Also, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine close to the deadline so maybe thats why I won't hear soon from them. Thanks :) 

Thanks @flapjackal . I contacted Chapman and they said they'll reschedule me into the next group of skype interviews. Phew. Yes this wait is killer.

Question for those who have applied to Temple U.- my TUportal says "Incomplete Items Outstanding". I emailed the department about this last week, since it seems to be an error. The only missing materials are my Spring 2016 transcripts, which will not be ready until the end of this semester. The administrator said she would waive the transcript in my portal checklist and inform the admissions committee. The status has still not updated to say complete though, and I'm worried it may be too late for my application to be reviewed! Anyone else have a similar status in their TUPortal? Or just me? Oy, this is so stressful!

May the force be with us all.

Has anyone heard from ODU yet? I saw one person on the results page got rejected but I haven't heard a peep and my portal still just says my application is complete. Also in my stalking of the results forum I saw that most people who got in in previous years were told during their Skype interview of their acceptance, so is it safe to assume that an interview means you got in?

First day on the Grad Cafe forums; best of luck to everyone as we endure this unholy process! 

Has anyone heard definitively from George Washington University? - I believe I saw one or two posts a couple pages back, but I wanted to find out if anyone out there has new info?

Thanks and best of luck to all!

20 hours ago, cmm28 said:

Has anyone heard from ODU yet? I saw one person on the results page got rejected but I haven't heard a peep and my portal still just says my application is complete. Also in my stalking of the results forum I saw that most people who got in in previous years were told during their Skype interview of their acceptance, so is it safe to assume that an interview means you got in?

yeah all i've seen so far are rejections on blogs, no one has reported admissions yet. I have yet to receive anything from them

9 hours ago, Speechie-Z said:

First day on the Grad Cafe forums; best of luck to everyone as we endure this unholy process! 

Has anyone heard definitively from George Washington University? - I believe I saw one or two posts a couple pages back, but I wanted to find out if anyone out there has new info?

Thanks and best of luck to all!

Yes, I have. I got my offer of admissions on February 10th. However, since they do rolling admissions, they seem to evaluate the applications in the order that they came in and then render decisions, rather than all at once. I submitted my application at the beginning of January and I heard back about a month later, whereas my friend who submitted her application at the beginning of February has not heard back yet. I think it really depends on when you submitted your application.

12 hours ago, flowerbloom said:

Yes, I have. I got my offer of admissions on February 10th. However, since they do rolling admissions, they seem to evaluate the applications in the order that they came in and then render decisions, rather than all at once. I submitted my application at the beginning of January and I heard back about a month later, whereas my friend who submitted her application at the beginning of February has not heard back yet. I think it really depends on when you submitted your application.

Hmm, I submitted my application at the end of December, and I haven't heard back from GWU yet.  My portal still says "under review".  I wonder when they'll get to my app.  I'm not too worried.  They've got a lot of apps to process, but I'm sure they'll get to it eventually (right?).  :P

3 minutes ago, cmm28 said:

Someone else got into UVM and now I'm even more anxious! It's one of my top choices. Apparently they call you (for an acceptance at least) and that makes me so nervous!

Obviously I can't speak to UVM, but can tell you one thing.....my daughter was sent an email acceptance to a school which people here posted they received a phone call, and then for another school she received a phone call for an interview when others reported getting an email. Obviously different schools than UVM, but I want to throw that in the mix. I wouldn't necessarily assume one contact way over another.

Wait listed at one of my top choices, UWSP. Happy to have heard relatively early, but now it's going to be torture waiting until after April 15th to see if there's any room for me!