Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

March is here. Few more days until UofT 2-year MSW offers start pouring in. Last year the first offer went out on the second Friday of March (on ROSI, not by mail), so my guess is this time the first one might go out by March 11. Just started getting nervous

6 hours ago, Applicant#1000 said:

March is here. Few more days until UofT 2-year MSW offers start pouring in. Last year the first offer went out on the second Friday of March (on ROSI, not by mail), so my guess is this time the first one might go out by March 11. Just started getting nervous

haha!! you just made me even more nervous. I need the wait to end already

6 hours ago, Applicant#1000 said:

I am so glad that I'm not the only person who has figured that out and marked it in my calendar! The advanced standing offers went out a week early this year so I'm hoping that 2 year offers will go up on ROSI early as well, but March 11th is the first possible date that I have in my calendar as well! 

So close yet so far away. The wait is killing me slowly...

On 2/26/2016 at 2:04 PM, rachberks said:

Someone posted earlier in this forum that they contacted Angela about sending updated resumes and she replied that they will only be looking at the hours up until December. 

Thanks! That was what I had thought!

11 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey guys,

has anyone heard from Waterloo yet! Also is anyone applying for Laurier 2 year?! I am getting super anxious and just really want to hear back soon!!!

Nothing yet! It's only 8:15am here on Vancouver Island and I've checked 30 times already today??

59 minutes ago, andwewait said:

did anyone get a call from Ryerson ?

They won't be calling today, they are meeting right now to make their decisions. They will be calling tomorrow if anything. 

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Windsor Advance Standing? I know first round of acceptances went out... I was really hoping today would be the day I would hear back. I'm loosing my mind, program starts in May, and its just around the corner! 

5 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey guys,

has anyone heard from Waterloo yet! Also is anyone applying for Laurier 2 year?! I am getting super anxious and just really want to hear back soon!!!

I applied to Laurier 1 year and still no change on my account :( My classmates have been declined and waitlisted though! The 2-year will probably be after the 1 year acceptances go out!

24 minutes ago, rsco said:

I applied to Laurier 1 year and still no change on my account :( My classmates have been declined and waitlisted though! The 2-year will probably be after the 1 year acceptances go out!

Hey ya you are probably right! They are such slow pokes haha! Good luck !!!

2 hours ago, mswmswmsw said:

To anyone awaiting a response from MUN - I just spoke with an administrator there and was told they'd be letting people know by the end of the month! 

Thank you for posting this! I was considering calling them tomorrow to inquire about it. One of my references completely forgot to send my reference in despite my relentless asking and it was 2.5 weeks late - so I don't feel very good about my chances :( I went to MUN for my first degree and I would love to be finally have a solid reason to move home, so fingers crossed!!!

2 hours ago, pinsandneedles said:

Thank you for posting this! I was considering calling them tomorrow to inquire about it. One of my references completely forgot to send my reference in despite my relentless asking and it was 2.5 weeks late - so I don't feel very good about my chances :( I went to MUN for my first degree and I would love to be finally have a solid reason to move home, so fingers crossed!!!

4 hours ago, mswmswmsw said:

To anyone awaiting a response from MUN - I just spoke with an administrator there and was told they'd be letting people know by the end of the month!

Thanks for this! I had been considering calling too. Ugh, what a long time to wait. Well, at least I can stop checking the website every day haha. Good luck to you both!!!

3 minutes ago, soapaddict said:

I have a question does anyone know what "provisional admission" means?

It means that it's a conditional acceptance. If you fulfill the requirement, you will be admitted to the program :) For UWindsor, for example, it says "provisional acceptance" on mine. They require that I pass this semester and obtain my BSW degree in order for them to admit me into their MSW program. Hope this helps!

25 minutes ago, soapaddict said:

I got accepted into a masters at UNBC but the funding is limited. Is it worth pursuing masters if the school has limited funding??

Most Social Work programs do not have funding. University of Toronto for instance don't really have funding. Neither does Ryerson from my understanding. The only school in ontario with crazy funding is MacMaster and York.