Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

To GSPIA applicants:

I mailed my letter of intent and resume to GSPIA on January 10th. However, InfoWeb still says that they haven't received these documents from me. I called GSPIA and they said they are swamped with materials and that it might take 30 business days to process it all.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

48 minutes ago, Midas0 said:

To GSPIA applicants:

I mailed my letter of intent and resume to GSPIA on January 10th. However, InfoWeb still says that they haven't received these documents from me. I called GSPIA and they said they are swamped with materials and that it might take 30 business days to process it all.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

I wouldn't worry about it. I mailed my documents to GSPIA in late November and only yesterday did Infoweb update to show that they received the documents. If you sent yours in, you should be fine. They will probably take forever though

On 19/02/2016 at 10:45 AM, blaffy78 said:

ya that's what i've heard from a couple people. i'm guessing that you could find development banks pretty accessible because of munk. do you know if npsia offers any internship too?

Yeah I've heard the npsia also offers internships. 

@blaffy78Nothing yet, and I'm SO anxious. Last year, NPSIA let their applicants know around March 12th/13th. BSIA was late, and informed them around end of March/early April. If the trend holds this year, it's another ~3 weeks of waiting... 

Concordia's MPPPA told me that offers will go out end of February/early March latest. 

Edited by Pri02

oh ok. I was reading the thread for last year this time and most were saying that they were recommended for assessment, which is one step after review in progress. I hope that doesn't mean that responses are later this year

3 hours ago, strat77 said:

Is anyone else's NPSIA application still on "preliminary review required"? - seems like it should be at referred for assessment or review in progress

i believe mine is under review if i recall correctly.

4 hours ago, strat77 said:

Is anyone else's NPSIA application still on "preliminary review required"? - seems like it should be at referred for assessment or review in progress

I see "review in progress by department." It's been like that for around 2 weeks I think.

4 hours ago, strat77 said:

Mine is still on "preliminary review required" too.

Received an acceptance from GSPIA today! Seems like they're pretty quick after they acknowledge receipt of documents (which they take forever to do) - Infoweb showed my file as complete on Feb 18 and I was admitted today (Feb 28). No word on funding yet.

1 hour ago, vanatrick said:

Received an acceptance from GSPIA today! Seems like they're pretty quick after they acknowledge receipt of documents (which they take forever to do) - Infoweb showed my file as complete on Feb 18 and I was admitted today (Feb 28). No word on funding yet.

Congratulations!! 

12 hours ago, vanatrick said:

Congrats! Check your email in the next couple of days. After I was accepted a few weeks ago to GSPIA, the funding email (along with forms to fill out for accepting or rejecting both the offer and scholarship), came about 2 days later.

Edited by LiamShag

On 2/12/2016 at 7:07 PM, blaffy78 said:

i think munk is on the same playing field with npsia (and in my opinion, for my interests, ahead of uottawa [not that it isn't an amazing school]). i don't have a second language, although my hebrew is so-so (and something i want to work on in the coming years). munk offers an internship in the first summer and a possibility for exchange i believe in the second year which is pretty cool (again, i can't remember if balsillie or npsia offer exchange).

also, munk is a member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA). the only other school in canada with that accreditation is npsia. fyi, other schools on that list include harvard, yale, columbia, etc. (pretty much all the elite schools worldwide) here's the link: http://www.apsia.org/member-schools/

When you say Munk offers an internship, is it guaranteed? Much as they say it's mandatory, how do you know for sure you can get one?

On February 28, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Midas0 said:

I'm still on "preliminary review required". 

Me too!

On February 27, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Pri02 said:

NPSIA could be updating their system alphabetically by last name - something similar was mentioned about that last year. 

My last initial is G so pretty early in the alphabet. Eh the wait...