WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

Just now, raaawr said:

@FoxAndChickenYesssss! Omg! The passed few eps I was like "meh!" But the most recent was... There are no wordssss!! I can't wait for the next episode! Lol

Really? Because the episode before last where she drops the thing had me be like OMG. And I'm keeping that as vague as possible because spoilers, but I think you should know what I'm referring to. 

3 minutes ago, marycaryne said:

@raaawr I applied for the Global Fashion Management program. I'm not holding out much hope since they tend to give preference to current FIT students. And honestly I don't think I could afford to live there anyway. But hey, a girl can dream and I want to be the one to decline any offer than have them reject me. It's better for my ego. :lol:

Omg! Finally someone is here for a fashion program! I'm not aloooone! What about your other apps, what did you apply for? :)

10 minutes ago, FoxAndChicken said:

Really? Because the episode before last where she drops the thing had me be like OMG. And I'm keeping that as vague as possible because spoilers, but I think you should know what I'm referring to. 

Nothing is sticking to me except the last ep. Haha. It's like everything went black and that's all I can think of. ?

im going to send you a message so we can talk without the spoiling it for others. ?

Edited by raaawr

37 minutes ago, katpillow said:

I like the spirit! Sorry to hear he didn't have the guff to make the leap, but that's just how these things get sorted when shit's on the line, sometimes. You'll have some good times ahead.

On another note, is there a guy equivalent to getting pampered with nails, tan, etc? I could go for it, whatever it is.

I'm not a male... however, I know that my partner enjoys getting his hair cut with a nice hot shave and he would never say no to a deep tissue massage, hot oil scalp massage, and face rub.  And afterwords some good eats at a sports bar or outdoor restaurant. 

Just now, hippyscientist said:

What did we do to deserve Buffy?? I'm at season 6 episode 4 right now. Season and a half left!! 

Have you watched it before? My mom binge watched all 7 seasons when I was in third grade. (And by binge, I mean, for like over a year she woke up at 6AM when they would show reruns two at a time on FX, and I would catch scenes as I got ready for school.) So everything is kind of familiar but I haven't really watched it recently or in a continuous way before. Also, being generally older really changes my interpretation of all the things. Like what Angel said to her in episode 14 of season 2 just emotionally destroyed me. 

2 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

I'm not a male... however, I know that my partner enjoys getting his hair cut with a nice hot shave and he would never say no to a deep tissue massage, hot oil scalp massage, and face rub.  And afterwords some good eats at a sports bar or outdoor restaurant. 

A pretty solid selection there. I've got the setup for a straight razor shave at home, so unfortunately that one isn't as special anymore (but still great to say the least). The others though... I'll perhaps explore.

1 minute ago, FoxAndChicken said:

Have you watched it before? My mom binge watched all 7 seasons when I was in third grade. (And by binge, I mean, for like over a year she woke up at 6AM when they would show reruns two at a time on FX, and I would catch scenes as I got ready for school.) So everything is kind of familiar but I haven't really watched it recently or in a continuous way before. Also, being generally older really changes my interpretation of all the things. Like what Angel said to her in episode 14 of season 2 just emotionally destroyed me. 

I had a sheltered childhood, so I wasn't allowed to watch any fantasy/sci-fi/cartoons (except for scooby doo) or disney stuff. I've spent the best part of living away from home catching up on everything I should have seen growing up. Buffy is just one in a big pile of entertainment still to watch. I only saw the lion king last year. Tarzan last month. I LOVE TARZAN!!!

Just now, hippyscientist said:

I had a sheltered childhood, so I wasn't allowed to watch any fantasy/sci-fi/cartoons (except for scooby doo) or disney stuff. I've spent the best part of living away from home catching up on everything I should have seen growing up. Buffy is just one in a big pile of entertainment still to watch. I only saw the lion king last year. Tarzan last month. I LOVE TARZAN!!!

Ohmygosh. Tarzan and the Lion King? I wasn't allowed to watch Bug's Life growing up because it had gang violence. Also, I couldn't watch Rugrats because my mom didn't want me to be like Angelica. But I was totes allowed to watch other things. Though I couldn't watch PG-13 things until I was 13. My dad took me to see Mean Girls a little before that, though. (He also bought me FFVIII, and my mom was very upset and I didn't get why. I recently played it and was like OMG THEY'RE SO NAKED. I FEEL SO UNCOMFORTABLE KNOWING I PLAYED THIS AS AN EIGHT YEAR OLD. She didn't take it away because she didn't want to undermine either of their roles as a parent. But she gave him a talking to.) 

@FoxAndChicken yay someone else with non-free-reign parents! I watched Grease in the cinema but it totally shocked me haha. I remember when I first watched Dirty Dancing at 15, wow that blew my mind. I've tried to catch up with stuff as I got older. Funnily enough, no restrictions on books though. I grew up a total book nerd and still am!! 

13 minutes ago, raaawr said:

Omg! Finally someone is here for a fashion program! I'm not aloooone! What about your other apps, what did you apply for? :)

YAY!!! I thought I was all alone here!!

I applied for the Consumer and Design Sciences program at Auburn, the Design, Housing, and Merchandising program (emphasis in merchandising) at OSU, and the Global Merchandising program at FSU. My DREAM program is the Applied Psychology in Fashion at the University of the Arts London/London College of Fashion, but that's in no way feasible for me.

8 minutes ago, marycaryne said:

YAY!!! I thought I was all alone here!!

I applied for the Consumer and Design Sciences program at Auburn, the Design, Housing, and Merchandising program (emphasis in merchandising) at OSU, and the Global Merchandising program at FSU. My DREAM program is the Applied Psychology in Fashion at the University of the Arts London/London College of Fashion, but that's in no way feasible for me.

Ahhh! My dream program is the MA Fashion in womenswear at Central Saint Martins. But alas, that's also not feasible for me. The nearest I could probably get to studying there is by taking short courses but still alsonot realistic for me at the moment. I applied at parsons for fashion design and society. I'm more interested in the design part but I also want merchandising in the mix so I can manage my business well without having to get a separate MBA. Most programs are either just design or just merchandising so I ended up applying only for that one program. I'm definitely applying to more schools for the next season though. Good luck to us! So glad to finally meet a fashion peer here. :)

HTGAWW has gotten SO GOOD in the last couple weeks. I agree that this season was kind of meh until VERY recently. OMG! That show is amazingly trashy, and I can't get enough.

Whoever is almost done with Buffy and needs more shows like that to binge, obviously watch all of Angel and Firefly now, and then Dollhouse if you really want to be a Whedon completist. I hate to admit that I gave up on Agents of SHIELD, even though I love the Marvel cinematic universe and all things Whedon. It was just slow as heck and almost every episode I would start diving into my phone out of boredom.

1 minute ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

HTGAWW has gotten SO GOOD in the last couple weeks. I agree that this season was kind of meh until VERY recently. OMG! That show is amazingly trashy, and I can't get enough.

Whoever is almost done with Buffy and needs more shows like that to binge, obviously watch all of Angel and Firefly now, and then Dollhouse if you really want to be a Whedon completist. I hate to admit that I gave up on Agents of SHIELD, even though I love the Marvel cinematic universe and all things Whedon. It was just slow as heck and almost every episode I would start diving into my phone out of boredom.

Firefly is on my to watch list. SHIELD I love and am waiting for more seasons to arrive on Netflix. 

2 minutes ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Rrriiiiggghhhhhtttt?? I had to pick up my jaw from the floor thanks to the latest episode. ? can't wait for the next episode! 

7 minutes ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Is it worth trudging back in if I lost interest after the first season? I watched the premiere of the second season but felt pretty "meh" about it.

9 minutes ago, katpillow said:

A pretty solid selection there. I've got the setup for a straight razor shave at home, so unfortunately that one isn't as special anymore (but still great to say the least). The others though... I'll perhaps explore.

If you are actually in Chicago.... being a big city, there is bound to be a massage school for cheap. We have a massage school here that does "teaching" deep swedish massage, 1 hour for $35. 

On February 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM, litany239 said:

0/10 with 2 wait lists. Joke's on you Uncle Sam, even with a 4 year taxpayer funded college degree, I still contribute to homeless veterans statistics.

Last year I horribly failed at getting accepted for an MSW program. This year I'm sticking to my IT and RF roots and applying for an MSIT program. I just finished one of the VA ALP CyberSecurity programs and have my professor and industry professionals for references; but I am still terrified at the big fat NO again. Don't give up, if you do, they win. Stay strong.

5 hours ago, Euler said:

Is it worth trudging back in if I lost interest after the first season? I watched the premiere of the second season but felt pretty "meh" about it.

Yessss. My husband and I were feeling the same way but it really kicks into gear in the second half. Seriously, there are like WAT moments all over the place now.

Just now, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Yessss. My husband and I were feeling the same way but it really kicks into gear in the second half. Seriously, there are like WAT moments all over the place now.

:D Good to know! I haven't been watching a whole lot of Netflix recently, maybe this will be something to do instead of staring down my inbox.