Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

I applied for McMaster eHealth (F16) and got an email at 26, but they didn't tell me when is the interview ... (the email said: "We will be contacting you shortly to arrange for an interview time.")

I am studying "behaviour-based interview" and keeping fingers crossed, too. 

Does anyone know about the acceptance rate of this stage? 

30 minutes ago, jChuang said:

I applied for McMaster eHealth (F16) and got an email at 26, but they didn't tell me when is the interview ... (the email said: "We will be contacting you shortly to arrange for an interview time.")

hello 

congrats.did u  applied for computer science based or health  based course for e health?

31 minutes ago, jChuang said:

again did u  apply  for  thesis based or  course based prog

On 2/26/2016 at 5:47 PM, mrahman07 said:

good  luck

i  haven't heard anything  yet

anybody in health science specialization program heard anything?

I applied to the health science specialization stream as well and haven't heard anything yet. Here's hoping we get some news this week!

2 hours ago, musicfreak said:

I received an interview from Mac this afternoon

Sorry, do you mean you had an interview this afternoon or received notice of an interview (and interview time) this afternoon?

Just now, Salster said:

Sorry, do you mean you had an interview this afternoon or received notice of an interview (and interview time) this afternoon?

sorry, I meant I received an email stating I would be getting notice this week about an interview 

17 hours ago, musicfreak said:

sorry, I meant I received an email stating I would be getting notice this week about an interview 

Wow, so they will start the interview this week. Good luck! 

I hope I could know the actual interview date soon. 

Glad to report I received the same email from McMaster...saying I am eligible for admission and they will contact me for interview... I applied for business thesis based but have no research experience... Anybody know the acceptance rate?

On 01/03/2016 at 10:19 AM, jChuang said:

Wow, so they will start the interview this week. Good luck! 

I hope I could know the actual interview date soon. 

Hey JChuang...I didn't know they were starting interviews this week. I was only told that they will contact me with a time. Did you get a specific time? Let me know because I have started to officially FREAK

25 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

Hey JChuang...I didn't know they were starting interviews this week. I was only told that they will contact me with a time. Did you get a specific time? Let me know because I have started to officially FREAK

I don't have a specific date, too.

Maybe we can add one more tag "freak out" to this thread,  because I can't sleep well since the day I got the email ...  haha

13 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

i hear you man. This is crazy and plus there is not much information in terms of how many ppl move on from this step

When Iris came to my school (ehealth administrator) she said most people move up from interview to admission. It's just to assess personal skills to make sure you'll be fit for an internship. The program size is around 45

1 hour ago, musicfreak said:

When Iris came to my school (ehealth administrator) she said most people move up from interview to admission. It's just to assess personal skills to make sure you'll be fit for an internship. The program size is around 45

Thanks man. That does put me a little at ease. I know you are waiting on to hear from guelph...any news from that front?

8 hours ago, musicfreak said:

That's nice to know since I couldn't find anything anywhere. Still, I'm withdrawing my application from Mac, so the applicant pool will be a little smaller (not going to do the interview since I've already decided to go elsewhere).

3 hours ago, Salster said:

That's nice to know since I couldn't find anything anywhere. Still, I'm withdrawing my application from Mac, so the applicant pool will be a little smaller (not going to do the interview since I've already decided to go elsewhere).

Just out of curiosity..where have you decided to go?. Also has anybody applied to Mac thesis based instead of course based? Also I heard Mac has a good reputation. Does anybody know what it's rep in the academic and prof community?or what are your opinions of it

16 hours ago, musicfreak said:

Thanks for the information. This is a good news to me since I haven't heard from my other applications. > <"

8 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

Just out of curiosity..where have you decided to go?. Also has anybody applied to Mac thesis based instead of course based? Also I heard Mac has a good reputation. Does anybody know what it's rep in the academic and prof community?or what are your opinions of it

I'm going to University of Toronto's Master of Information program. It's not equivalent to Mac's eHealth (which would be UofT Health Informatics - but like I said earlier, I didn't think I could argue my arts degree was relevant).

I've heard McMaster is very good for health and medical programs. If I was set on going into health in any sort of way, I would pick McMaster. But I'm not totally set on going into the health field and I recognize I don't have much experience or knowledge about it. My undergrad is in arts, was pretty much like pre-law, and I chose not to go to law school in the end because I realized it felt more of what was expected of me rather than my own decision.

This thread has over a 1000 views but I think only a couple ppl are writing. To all the lookey Loo's... Join in and share information you might have abt  any of these programs or if you have heard any news

On 3/4/2016 at 2:57 PM, Dwabtit said:

Thanks man. That does put me a little at ease. I know you are waiting on to hear from guelph...any news from that front?

I haven't heard from Guelph or Queens yet, should hear by the end of March I would think

Got an exact time time from Mac...March 18 @ 2pm...anyone else hear something?they said to arrive at 130 and that I would be asked to complete a written activity...anyone know what that means or the written activity is about?

Edited by Dwabtit

14 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

Got an exact time time from Mac...March 18 @ 2pm...anyone else hear something?they said to arrive at 130 and that I would be asked to complete a written activity...anyone know what that means or the written activity is about?

That's great!  They are contacting people and making progress. But the written activity is not what I expect. I am not in Canada and how should I complete that exam? How do they interview people who are not around?

So many questions but no answer >.<"

50 minutes ago, jChuang said:

That's great!  They are contacting people and making progress. But the written activity is not what I expect. I am not in Canada and how should I complete that exam? How do they interview people who are not around?

So many questions but no answer >.<"

Most likely its going to be through Skype...where are you from? I am gonna reach out to ppl who have done this on LinkedIn and I know ppl who are MbA grads from Mac...I am assuming the interview is very similar since since its the bussiness school doing it