Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

31 minutes ago, fshang said:

Hi people,

congrats to you all who got accepted!

does anyone know when we'll hear back from the grad office for eHealth@Mac?

Iris said to me in an email "about a week or so. They are busy during this time but not too long" looking at the results from last year...some ppl waited two weeks. I just want an official acceptance letter so I can finally be at peace. Did you receive the email from iris saying they are recommending you? Or did she share anything with you abt the process

4 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

Iris said to me in an email "about a week or so. They are busy during this time but not too long" looking at the results from last year...some ppl waited two weeks. I just want an official acceptance letter so I can finally be at peace. Did you receive the email from iris saying they are recommending you? Or did she share anything with you abt the process

Hi there, 

I got the recommendation email from Iris after my interview. Yea, I know what you mean. I just want the wait to be over with but i know the admissions committee and the grad office are all super busy at this time of the year so i don't wanna bug them lol. Hopefully we'll all hear back soon! almost there!! =D

Hey guys,

Firstly congrats to all who have got acceptance letters. I was wondering who else have had acceptance to U of T? I only applied to the U of T program and had my

interview on Feb 24. I am very anxious and constantly checking my email. I just want to know.....

44 minutes ago, fshang said:

Hi there, 

I got the recommendation email from Iris after my interview. Yea, I know what you mean. I just want the wait to be over with but i know the admissions committee and the grad office are all super busy at this time of the year so i don't wanna bug them lol. Hopefully we'll all hear back soon! almost there!! =D

Yea I just hope grad Dept dosent create an issue. I don't think it will with everything iris told me but you never know

10 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

Yea I just hope grad Dept dosent create an issue. I don't think it will with everything iris told me but you never know

dont worry. im sure it wont as long as your application materials are all legit

23 minutes ago, fshang said:

dont worry. im sure it wont as long as your application materials are all legit

Lol yeah I might have "polished" my resume a little bit but in terms of the transcript it was completely legit

5 hours ago, want2Bgrad said:

Hey guys,

Firstly congrats to all who have got acceptance letters. I was wondering who else have had acceptance to U of T? I only applied to the U of T program and had my

interview on Feb 24. I am very anxious and constantly checking my email. I just want to know.....

Hey!

I also had an interview at U of T on February 24 and have not heard back yet! Hopefully they get back to us by next week. All this waiting is making me super anxious!

I emailed Iris because I need to decide by April 1st (to let Queens know) and I told her I didn't want to decline queens without having an official letter from McMaster and she said she would make sure to send me one before April 1st (next Friday) so it should be coming to everyone else soon as well. 

10 hours ago, musicfreak said:

I emailed Iris because I need to decide by April 1st (to let Queens know) and I told her I didn't want to decline queens without having an official letter from McMaster and she said she would make sure to send me one before April 1st (next Friday) so it should be coming to everyone else soon as well. 

That's good to know. I am also going to email her on Monday.

Just emailed Iris and she replied back immediately saying she is meeting with grad Dept tommorow and she will make sure that I get a official letter by this week. Hopefully it's an acceptance letter and not a rejection letter LOL.

I just got my acceptance from Mac. I was honestly a bit surprised that UofT didn't call me for at least an interview. I called them and I was told that my application was not looked at because I applied as an international student. I wish they had mentioned somewhere that local students will get preference over international students. I received my Permanent Residence status in Canada a month ago. I could have informed them of this earlier. Now I am being told that most of the offers have already been made and there is not much space left in the program. The admin assistant said she will inform the director of my status change to see if they could review my application. I really wanted to get into UofT and now I am really upset that this is happening.

Sigh! I think I will accept Mac - even if UofT looks at my application now, they may not be able to send me a response by the time I need to respond to Mac. 

Edited by Crunch

That is unfortunate. Did Mac provide you with a deadline on the official offer? I am patiently waiting for the official offer from Mac. I hope to receive it soon. Also, were you notified by e-mail?

1 hour ago, Crunch said:

I just got my acceptance from Mac. I was honestly a bit surprised that UofT didn't call me for at least an interview. I called them and I was told that my application was not looked at because I applied as an international student. I wish they had mentioned somewhere that local students will get preference over international students. I received my Permanent Residence status in Canada a month ago. I could have informed them of this earlier. Now I am being told that most of the offers have already been made and there is not much space left in the program. The admin assistant said she will inform the director of my status change to see if they could review my application. I really wanted to get into UofT and now I am really upset that this is happening.

Sigh! I think I will accept Mac - even if UofT looks at my application now, they may not be able to send me a response by the time I need to respond to Mac. 

Yeah it is weird how they accept international students' application yet they don't review them. Did you get official acceptance from Mac already? Or they told you that you are recommended? I am still waiting as well... 

2 hours ago, Crunch said:

Omg that's sucks Crunch.... I can't believe that spots are filled already. My hopes of getting in just completely dropped. They have to change the way they inform people....just let us know if they have been rejected or wait listed...at least something.

3 hours ago, Crunch said:

I know some programs have different acceptance rate between international students and domestic students. Maybe they find the quota of international students are already full and stop reviewing international applicants.

It seems that I am the last one to be interviewed, my date is 4/2. I hope I am not too late since most of you will have received the official letter then. If the quota of Mac is already full by that time, I am doomed.  > <"

3 hours ago, Crunch said:

Do you mind sharing when you had your interview and how long gave you to respond?

has anybody else recieved an official letter by mac? i wonder how they are doing it. does it depend on when you had your interview or is it just completely random?

Edited by Dwabtit

I hear you musicfreak. I was told that I should get it in a week or so but now it's a week and half. Idk wtf they are doing. However I was told I should have it by this Friday. So, fingers crossed. Anybody else have any communication in terms of an acceptance letter?

2 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

I hear you musicfreak. I was told that I should get it in a week or so but now it's a week and half. Idk wtf they are doing. However I was told I should have it by this Friday. So, fingers crossed. Anybody else have any communication in terms of an acceptance letter?

Iris also told me last week she would make sure I had it by Friday so that I can make my decision. I'm assuming they were off Friday and Monday, so here's hoping they send them out tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, musicfreak said:

Iris also told me last week she would make sure I had it by Friday so that I can make my decision. I'm assuming they were off Friday and Monday, so here's hoping they send them out tomorrow. 

Yea i find myself checking my email every 5 mins. I also emailed the grad dept to see when i can expect to hear back or if there is anyone i can contact. Ugh, its just too frustrating

Its funny because i received an invite to an networking event from Iris, Its just too confusing. I just wish they would send it out already and give me some peace of mind

Edited by Dwabtit

So I ended up hearing back yesterday that I was recommended to the grad dept for admission to the course-based stream, instead of the thesis-stream for which I had initially applied but that is totally fine with me. Once I hear back from the grad dept hopefully confirming enrolment, I am 100% accepting and going forward with that process so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who ends up joining me :) 

I'm thinking the Easter Monday was probably the day after they finished the majority of the interviews and sent out their alternate offers. Someone mentioned that Iris had met with the grad department today, on the Tuesday. I'm sure she brought forward the names of people who asked to be considered first, so I would be optimistic about hearing back tomorrow or at the very least on Thursday. 

11 minutes ago, tealogic said:

So I ended up hearing back yesterday that I was recommended to the grad dept for admission to the course-based stream, instead of the thesis-stream for which I had initially applied but that is totally fine with me. Once I hear back from the grad dept hopefully confirming enrolment, I am 100% accepting and going forward with that process so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who ends up joining me :) 

I'm thinking the Easter Monday was probably the day after they finished the majority of the interviews and sent out their alternate offers. Someone mentioned that Iris had met with the grad department today, on the Tuesday. I'm sure she brought forward the names of people who asked to be considered first, so I would be optimistic about hearing back tomorrow or at the very least on Thursday. 

Congrats buddy. when i had my interview on the 18, Iris told me that they were doing interviews till the 25 (however some ppl have interviews this friday and saturday as well). So, thats why you heard on monday. Lets wait and see how it goes and when we hear back from the grad dept.