Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

5 hours ago, tealogic said:

So I ended up hearing back yesterday that I was recommended to the grad dept for admission to the course-based stream, instead of the thesis-stream for which I had initially applied but that is totally fine with me. Once I hear back from the grad dept hopefully confirming enrolment, I am 100% accepting and going forward with that process so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who ends up joining me :) 

I'm thinking the Easter Monday was probably the day after they finished the majority of the interviews and sent out their alternate offers. Someone mentioned that Iris had met with the grad department today, on the Tuesday. I'm sure she brought forward the names of people who asked to be considered first, so I would be optimistic about hearing back tomorrow or at the very least on Thursday. 

Congrats! and hopefully I am not left behind since I am the guy who was not in the "majority of the interviews" Q.Q

11 hours ago, tealogic said:

So I ended up hearing back yesterday that I was recommended to the grad dept for admission to the course-based stream, instead of the thesis-stream for which I had initially applied but that is totally fine with me. Once I hear back from the grad dept hopefully confirming enrolment, I am 100% accepting and going forward with that process so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who ends up joining me :) 

I'm thinking the Easter Monday was probably the day after they finished the majority of the interviews and sent out their alternate offers. Someone mentioned that Iris had met with the grad department today, on the Tuesday. I'm sure she brought forward the names of people who asked to be considered first, so I would be optimistic about hearing back tomorrow or at the very least on Thursday. 

Congrats! I am patiently waiting for the offer from McMaster. I feel like taking the offer from UofT since they have finalized my offer very quickly. I will give Mac until Friday otherwise UofT it is.

Thank you everyone! 

I'm sorry for everyone who is in such a conflicting situation between different universities, that's really tough Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you guys.

15 hours ago, jChuang said:

Congrats! and hopefully I am not left behind since I am the guy who was not in the "majority of the interviews" Q.Q

jChuang I wouldn't worry they are still offering you an interview. Even if they have been sending out acceptances previously, people are declining offers at Mac or thinking of declining...all you can do right now is practice and nail that interview so that afterwards they have no choice but to offer you a spot :) 

Hey it says on the website that "Students accepted into the course-based option are offered a $3000 graduate scholarship each year." Does anybody know if there is a procedure in place to apply for it? Is it need based or on merit? 

I think I misspoke earlier. I still haven't recieved an official acceptance letter from Mac, just an email saying they will be recommending me. 

Edited by Crunch

1 hour ago, Crunch said:

Hey it says on the website that "Students accepted into the course-based option are offered a $3000 graduate scholarship each year." Does anybody know if there is a procedure in place to apply for it? Is it need based or on merit? 

I think I misspoke earlier. I still haven't recieved an official acceptance letter from Mac, just an email saying they will be recommending me. 

I think it's automatically given to you if you are accepted

2 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

Good luck to every body that has thier interview today please update and let us know how it went.

For the ppl still waiting for an offer let's see if Iris can keep her ptomise

Hopefully getting our letter today! I'm getting impatient since Queen's needs to know by today

16 minutes ago, musicfreak said:

Hopefully getting our letter today! I'm getting impatient since Queen's needs to know by today

yes, I am anxious as hell as well. I almost gave her a call this morning LOL

i am going to try to stay busy and let the chips fall where they may, since i don't have much control over anything now and i don't want to email/call Iris and seem impatient (which i am )

I don't think Iris has any control over any of this. Its the graduate department - I don't know what they are doing. Maybe it should be escalated to the program director who of course has the power to make things happen. 

9 minutes ago, bluejays said:

I don't think Iris has any control over any of this. Its the graduate department - I don't know what they are doing. Maybe it should be escalated to the program director who of course has the power to make things happen. 

according to the program page http://mscehealth.mcmaster.ca/contact/

thomas doyle is the program director, may be we should send him an email?

because even tough iris has been very nice, she hasn't been much help after the interview. 

I had my interview 2 hours ago. It was conducted by Cynthia and Career Development Associate for eHealth. Received the recommendation to grad department in mail.

11 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

according to the program page http://mscehealth.mcmaster.ca/contact/

thomas doyle is the program director, may be we should send him an email?

because even tough iris has been very nice, she hasn't been much help after the interview. 

Okay I will e-mail Thomas. Maybe a couple other people can e-mail him as well so he realizes its a problem. Iris has zero control over the situation but if she did, I'm sure she would make things happen.

1 minute ago, bluejays said:

Okay I will e-mail Thomas. Maybe a couple other people can e-mail him as well so he realizes its a problem. Iris has zero control over the situation but if she did, I'm sure she would make things happen.

@musicfreak  and other people who haven't had much communication abt an official offer, i suggest you guys do the same. 

i also emailed grad dept and they forwarded my email to her...idk if it would be appropriate for me to email again...what do you guys think?

11 minutes ago, Riya11 said:

I had my interview 2 hours ago. It was conducted by Cynthia and Career Development Associate for eHealth. Received the recommendation to grad department in mail.

congrats...did you recieve any communication about an official offer or when you cna expect to hear back from the grad dept

1 hour ago, bluejays said:

hey if you email the director and get a response let me know...ill do the same

2 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

congrats...did you recieve any communication about an official offer or when you cna expect to hear back from the grad dept

Well they did say they will be sending the official offer letter very soon. Don't know what this soon indicates. 

i honestly dont think that we will hear anything today since the grad office already closed...I am SUPER PISSED

it will probably be next week since saturday are the last remaning interviews...WTF man

am gonna shoot her an email straight away