Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

38 minutes ago, musicfreak said:

I didn't receive anything today...which led me to accept Queen's just in case this offer falls through. Emailed Iris as well who didn't get back to me. 

yea she wont get back to us till Monday, am gonna email her then..i think we will hear next week because the last interviews were today instead of last week.

Still it is super frustrating

I also got the letter that said I am prompted to Graduate Studies office and wait for approval, right after my interview (so soon!).

I guess the Graduate Studies office suspends the process till everything is done because there are still applicants like me. 

Hope I am the last one so that the office can start sending out the formal acceptance letter.

6 minutes ago, jChuang said:

I also got the letter that said I am prompted to Graduate Studies office and wait for approval, right after my interview (so soon!).

I guess the Graduate Studies office suspends the process till everything is done because there are still applicants like me. 

Hope I am the last one so that the office can start sending out the formal acceptance letter.

Congrats buddy...let's hope you are right and we get the letters soon

i know many of you emailed iris after not hearing anything last week....did u guys get any meaningful information from her afterwards?

Just wondering if i should email her, as i sent her two emails in the last two weeks or if its even worth emailing her now?

2 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

i know many of you emailed iris after not hearing anything last week....did u guys get any meaningful information from her afterwards?

Just wondering if i should email her, as i sent her two emails in the last two weeks or if its even worth emailing her now?

Hey! I actually haven't heard back from my e-mail to Iris on Friday.I would like to believe she is seeking an answer from the graduate department prior to getting back to us.

32 minutes ago, bluejays said:

Hey! I actually haven't heard back from my e-mail to Iris on Friday.I would like to believe she is seeking an answer from the graduate department prior to getting back to us.

yea thats the most likely scenario.

If any of you hear back from iris, please post here so we all stay informed

Thanks!

yea iris told me that she is checking daily with the grad dept and its not clear whats going on

no offers have gone out...also she said that some offers for programs that are similar to the ehalth started going out on monday so hopefully we should be soon behind.

I suggest somebody who hasn't bombarded her with emails (like myself) email her to check out whats going on and post here

33 minutes ago, bluejays said:

Hi all! I have received my official offer from McMaster. I am now able to accept or decline on Mosaic.

While i have not received an official letter yet, On Mosaic, it allows me to accept or decline the offer.

However the offer is conditional as show by the legend on the page. I just wanted to know which conditions is the offer dependent on? Did you get the same thing with the blue square?

13 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:
While i have not received an official letter yet, On Mosaic, it allows me to accept or decline the offer.

However the offer is conditional as show by the legend on the page. I just wanted to know which conditions is the offer dependent on? Did you get the same thing with the blue square?

Yes, the same thing with the blue square and I also received an official offer by e-mail.

1 minute ago, Dwabtit said:

yea recieved that as well incl a $5000 research scholarship...YAY!!

however no ta ship:( hopefully i am still eligble for the entrance scholarship

Hey Dwabtit, 

I believe now we have to find our own TAships.

Congrats to everyone! I will see you in the fall.

Hello

I know that the offer letters are going out and many of you have already got them. 

I created a Facebook group for the people that will be attending the program in the fall...that way we can connect and share mutually beneficial information.Even if you havent recieved the official letter, you can still join. Here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/700752910065305/

i hope all of you join :)

For those of you who received offers from both Mac and U of T, and chose Mac.. have you declined your offer at U of T yet?

I only applied to U of T, and I am still waiting to hear back so I am wondering if more spots will open up.

Also, did anyone receive an offer from U of T this week?

3 minutes ago, MHIapplicant said:

For those of you who received offers from both Mac and U of T, and chose Mac.. have you declined your offer at U of T yet?

I only applied to U of T, and I am still waiting to hear back so I am wondering if more spots will open up.

Hi, I have received an offer from both UofT and Mac. I have a couple more weeks to make a decision. 

1 hour ago, Dwabtit said:

Hello

I know that the offer letters are going out and many of you have already got them. 

I created a Facebook group for the people that will be attending the program in the fall...that way we can connect and share mutually beneficial information.Even if you havent recieved the official letter, you can still join. Here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/700752910065305/

i hope all of you join :)

I have not gotten email or update on Mosaic yet :( hopefully my unofficial offer will not fail me 

1 hour ago, MHIapplicant said:

I am declining UofT very soon- best of luck! 

2 hours ago, shee_0907 said:

I have not gotten email or update on Mosaic yet :( hopefully my unofficial offer will not fail me 

Same here. I guess they send out offer by order ... thus I may be the last one to get my offer ...

30 minutes ago, musicfreak said:

I also received my official letter today for course based (with scholarship) in the health science specialization section! Will be accepting :) See you guys in the fall!

awesome!

i wonder when we have to "register" or pick courses

4 hours ago, shee_0907 said:

dont worry. it wont letters also go out in waves cuz somebody has to manually send them, they are not automated, according to iris