2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

16 hours ago, tottenham said:

I will be interviewing at UVA BIMS on January 5th! Anyone know whether or not UVA has a relatively high post-interview acceptance rate?

I am interviewing at UVA BIMS as well, but on January 12th. Their email made it sound as though they accept a small percentage of their interviewees, but I heard from some people who applied and got in last year but did not attend that most everyone they met at interview weekends did get in. IDK how accurate that is.

It seems like a lot of the schools that have released the majority of their invites are on the East coast thus far, right?  I'm waiting for West coast programs...

- USC : PIBBS
- USC : NGP
- UCSF : BMS
- Stanford : BioSciences
- UW : MCB

I have not heard anything from the programs I have applied to yet and I feel slightly sick to my stomach. And hearing that everyone else has been getting invites from their schools has me really nervous :(

I just checked my UW MCB application and it says - the program is anticipating making decisions by end of February which is fine but what about interviews? Decisions are interviews at this point no one cares about final decisions.. 

3 minutes ago, LadyScientist said:

It seems like a lot of the schools that have released the majority of their invites are on the East coast thus far, right?  I'm waiting for West coast programs...

- USC : PIBBS
- USC : NGP
- UCSF : BMS
- Stanford : BioSciences
- UW : MCB

I have not heard anything from the programs I have applied to yet and I feel slightly sick to my stomach. And hearing that everyone else has been getting invites from their schools has me really nervous :(

I think someone else said UCSF BMS is tomorrow! USC PIBBs sent (some?) interviews out a few days ago. Not sure if theres more to come though or if you didn't hear on Friday to assume you won't get an invitation. 

@Katyya I believe I saw that on the application portal as well... That has to mean that invites will be out soon! ... If they haven't been sent out already -_- 

@pepmochaa Yeah I think I saw one or two PIBBS invites on here thus far but I find it hard to believe that would be it for invites :( Or maybe I am just dreaming.

1 minute ago, LadyScientist said:

@Katyya I believe I saw that on the application portal as well... That has to mean that invites will be out soon! ... If they haven't been sent out already -_- 

@pepmochaa Yeah I think I saw one or two PIBBS invites on here thus far but I find it hard to believe that would be it for invites :( Or maybe I am just dreaming.

Same boat as you :/ I was thinking about emailing them in a few days just to see. I hate how schools don't just email you a rejection if you're not selected to interview. >:(

1 minute ago, Browncoat5871 said:

Congrats!  I was just wondering when they were going to start the interview invites.  

I called the program admin, but they never answered. And then the email came so! I hope your program comes out soon!

6 minutes ago, pepmochaa said:

Same boat as you :/ I was thinking about emailing them in a few days just to see. I hate how schools don't just email you a rejection if you're not selected to interview. >:(

Right?? If I really don't stand a chance I wish they would just send the rejection letter so I can put a bandaid on my ego and focus on something else... Being in a holding pattern for a decision is driving me crazy!

11 minutes ago, sivis said:

Just got the interview invitation from CU Denver Anschutz for cancer bio!

Congratulations! Is that separate from the biomedical sciences program? I remember being slightly confused by the website... I think cancer bio was within the BSP, but they admit/interview department-committed & uncommitted umbrella students separately?

3 minutes ago, Born-to-pipette said:

Congratulations! Is that separate from the biomedical sciences program? I remember being slightly confused by the website... I think cancer bio was within the BSP, but they admit/interview department-committed & uncommitted umbrella students separately?

It sounds like that's what happens. And looking at other posts about CU Denver/Anschutz, it seems like the program admin for admissions is also slightly different. 

12 minutes ago, pepmochaa said:

4 minutes ago, LadyScientist said:

Right?? If I really don't stand a chance I wish they would just send the rejection letter so I can put a bandaid on my ego and focus on something else... Being in a holding pattern for a decision is driving me crazy!

Wouldn't that be nice?  My blood pressure sky rockets every time my email alert goes off.