American Studies programs

3 hours ago, way_moby said:

I applied to Kansas and emailed one of the depart. admins today concerning the timeline. She told me that the grad committee has met, but that "official decisions have not been issued quite yet."

It sounds like it will be soon, though.

thanks for theverything info..I really wanted to email them so badly lol..Good luck to the both of us..

On 2/21/2017 at 10:17 PM, kekology4 said:

Hello Yale rejection! By e-mail.

Just NYU left in American Studies for me now! 

Sorry to hear about that. I just saw those Yale rejections on the results board. Wish they'd send me something already! I still haven't heard, and I want to move on with my life *claws eyes out a lil bit*

On 2/21/2017 at 11:00 PM, cypressknee said:

Same. I also got a rejection from Northeastern's English department today. The last place I'm waiting to hear back from Boston University's American Studies program. 

The end is finally near. Thank god

I'm also still waiting on BU. I only applied to four programs (!!) so I'm now very anxious to hear back so I can make a plan...

Any idea when BU send their notifications out? 

Fingers crossed for us both!

5 hours ago, foodnerd said:

Saw the GWU rejections on the results board. Don't know what to make of not having one in my inbox. Would they send rejections in batches?

You should just check your application. I was curious and looked at mine only to see a decision had been made. I didn't get in but they wanted me to apply to their masters program. I was like hmm I guess thats better than nothing lol.

8 hours ago, towonderland72 said:

I'm also still waiting on BU. I only applied to four programs (!!) so I'm now very anxious to hear back so I can make a plan...

Based on prior years its late Feb and early to mid march. They also tend to call folks. I wonder if we could bribe someone to call them and ask lol.

5 hours ago, The Shade King said:

You should just check your application. I was curious and looked at mine only to see a decision had been made. I didn't get in but they wanted me to apply to their masters program. I was like hmm I guess thats better than nothing lol.

Ah yep I'm the same. I think I'll bump over my app to the masters program just for another option. Weird that they wouldn't send out emails for that though.

6 minutes ago, foodnerd said:

Ah yep I'm the same. I think I'll bump over my app to the masters program just for another option. Weird that they wouldn't send out emails for that though.

Good luck with that. It might be a delayed response. I am going to send them a nice email thanking them for the offer but declining. 

4 minutes ago, The Shade King said:

Good luck with that. It might be a delayed response. I am going to send them a nice email thanking them for the offer but declining. 

Thanks. I'd probably decline if I had any solid admits. Holding on to waitlist hope.... :unsure:

10 hours ago, The Shade King said:

Based on prior years its late Feb and early to mid march. They also tend to call folks. I wonder if we could bribe someone to call them and ask lol.

Haha, shotgun not me. I don't want to pay for an international call :ph34r:

Thanks for the info, though. I really liked BU when I visited last spring, so this one's got me anxious!

On 2/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, towonderland72 said:

Current BU student here. They haven't met yet to make the final decisions. Supposedly they're planning to meet in the next week or two. They were the last school I heard from - best of luck with the waiting!

Edited by arekay

3 minutes ago, arekay said:

Current BU student here. They haven't met yet to make the final decisions. Supposedly they're planning to meet in the next week or two. They were the last school I heard from - best of luck with the waiting!

thanks for thr information. good to know it's coming sooner than later.

Just got the NYU rejection! NYU who?

That's all of american studies for me. I knew it wasn't as good a fit as gender studies, but I thought it might be more safe job-wise. This was quite the application season! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear. 

Has anyone gotten the rejects from UT? I saw some admits/waitlists go up on the results page in January and earlier this month, but haven't seen rejects. Do they send them that much later???

19 hours ago, PetiteFilleNoire said:

Official NYU rejections came out this morning. Now, I'm just waiting on the rejection from Yale. 

Also waiting on the rejection from Yale. Any idea what's taking them so long, since they already sent a round out? I mean... I assume we'd know if we were on a waitlist?

On 2/22/2017 at 11:37 AM, way_moby said:

I applied to Kansas and emailed one of the depart. admins today concerning the timeline. She told me that the grad committee has met, but that "official decisions have not been issued quite yet."

It sounds like it will be soon, though.

Have you guys heard from Kansas yet?? Still waiting to hear from KU, SUNY Buffalo, and UT Austin for AMST...trying to resist the pull towards insanity....  

On 2/28/2017 at 10:23 AM, foodnerd said:

Has anyone gotten the rejects from UT? I saw some admits/waitlists go up on the results page in January and earlier this month, but haven't seen rejects. Do they send them that much later???

I still haven't heard anything and I am about ready to pull my hair out. I think I've been checking the UT MyStatus website roughly 50 times a day. 

Finally received the official rejection from Yale! My admissions cycle is over!! Now, I'm just deciding between UMD American Studies PhD and UCLA African-American Studies MA. I will be visiting Maryland this weekend! 

Edited by PetiteFilleNoire