Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2017 admissions

MSW&MD

8 minutes ago, Inspired2017 said:

I can't bring myself to do it!!! I'm too chicken! :unsure::lol:

Ok, I grew some and called....sorry, my friend called. My friend told me that they said the earliest advanced standing would hear anything would be the end of February. :(

3 minutes ago, Inspired2017 said:

Ok, I grew some and called....sorry, my friend called. My friend told me that they said the earliest advanced standing would hear anything would be the end of February. :(

Oh no, they must be super behind on their game. Uh, well I guess I will leave the refresh button alone for the next few weeks. Thanks for checking in with them! 

5 minutes ago, Inspired2017 said:

Noo that's so disappointing.

THANK YOU THANK YOU for saving me three weeks of refreshing (though we all know it'll happen anyways..)

3 minutes ago, ssbbaker said:

Noo that's so disappointing.

THANK YOU THANK YOU for saving me three weeks of refreshing (though we all know it'll happen anyways..)

No problem at all....I'm just here trying to be optimistic. Think she just said that knowing that it would be sooner? perhaps in an effort to lessen the anxiety around waiting...and then BOOM surprise!?!?! You think?

7 minutes ago, SW_Student said:

Oh no, they must be super behind on their game. Uh, well I guess I will leave the refresh button alone for the next few weeks. Thanks for checking in with them! 

Perhaps....I forgot to ask how many spots for advanced standing part time. I heard they only accepted 9 last year.

11 minutes ago, Inspired2017 said:

This is super sadistic and evil but I am happy advanced standing will have to wait longer like the two years MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA (unless this means two year won't hear back till even later....then I take it back)

8 minutes ago, tnt92 said:

This is super sadistic and evil but I am happy advanced standing will have to wait longer like the two years MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA (unless this means two year won't hear back till even later....then I take it back)

That's soooo wrong <_<:D

11 minutes ago, tnt92 said:

Haha rude.. I'm with @Inspired2017. If we have to wait then so will you!

For social workers or future social workers, this is a pretty stressed out board right now ;)  Good thing we all have our coping skills.....chocolate and more chocolate! (lol, jks)

Anyways, most of the schools say mid-Feb to beginning of March to start letting student know so I am expecting to hear back, either rejection letters in the mail or online status's or acceptance emails in the next couple weeks.  All the best to everyone, and chocolate on!   

Ah so I just checked my mail, and got a letter from Dalhousie.  It says they (school of social work admissions committee) are pleased to notify me of recommendation of acceptance to the Dean.  Final decision needs to still go through Faculty of Graduate studies, if approved, they will mail me an official letter of acceptance.  Just FYI - here is the start! 

2 hours ago, 2017hoping said:

Ah so I just checked my mail, and got a letter from Dalhousie.  It says they (school of social work admissions committee) are pleased to notify me of recommendation of acceptance to the Dean.  Final decision needs to still go through Faculty of Graduate studies, if approved, they will mail me an official letter of acceptance.  Just FYI - here is the start! 

Congratulations!! It's always great to hear back something

18 minutes ago, tnt92 said:

Congratulations!! It's always great to hear back something

Thanks!  Yes, I called my parents and was yelling it in the phone, haha.  Even though it's not the official letter yet.  Of course it would be ideal to do it in Toronto, but this was the program I thought I could get into. I wanted to let others know on here as it has yesterday's date.      

Although like others have said, I am now thinking about the money aspect too as I also have financial obligations while working full time.  Anyways things should fall into place and there may be other ways of funding. 

Edited by 2017hoping

I know one person in this forum wrote that they had received a rejection letter for York and I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten one or knows of others who have been rejected.  Yweang had mentioned that rejections go out first so it would help to gauge where we all stand.

1 hour ago, Hopeful18 said:

I know one person in this forum wrote that they had received a rejection letter for York and I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten one or knows of others who have been rejected.  Yweang had mentioned that rejections go out first so it would help to gauge where we all stand.

For those who applied to University of Windsor, I know couple people found out that they have been rejected through looking online at their application status this week

2 hours ago, adorealire said:

Sorry for the late response, but they found out through email! 

2 hours ago, adorealire said:

For those who applied to University of Windsor, I know couple people found out that they have been rejected through looking online at their application status this week

Thank you! Mine still says "In Process." So I'm assuming rejected or waitlisted, at best. Nothing but mind games! 

@Dry_Guy I'm 26. It took me 5 years to finish my undergrad & then I did a 1-year social service work diploma at Fanshawe. I worked for a bit then went back to university to get all the pre-reqs I needed for my MSW. 

This is my 2nd time applying & the wait is making me mad/sad/frustrated! I wish the next few months would fly by! 

10 hours ago, Dry_Guy said:

Just curious, what the average age is of everyone in here applying to grad school? I'm 34.

I'm 29, and it's my second time applying to advanced standing.

11 hours ago, Dry_Guy said:

Just curious, what the average age is of everyone in here applying to grad school? I'm 34.

25 in February. Graduated in 2015, worked in the field the past two years, first time applying.