MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

2 hours ago, hastr683 said:

I just got a Skype interview request from UCI over e-mail!

I heard last year they required an in-person interview for everyone, and wondering of they changed their policy this year. I didn't get an option to choose in-person, so wondering if anyone has received anything different. 

Congratulations!! No news in my inbox. Checked out your website -- awesome work. Saw you were at Pioneer Works -- my studio was just a few blocks away on Dikeman/Van Brunt (Supersmith) & spent a couple of years making furniture above the key lime pie shop by the the pier in Red Hook. :) Congrats again, hoping for myself, no news is not bad news.

I heard last year they required an in-person interview for everyone, and wondering of they changed their policy this year. I didn't get an option to choose in-person, so wondering if anyone has received anything different. 

Congrats!!! That is strange they switched it up; maybe they want to save money by not flying people in this year? Weird that they wouldn't even offer in-person though.

9 hours ago, BlCEO said:

Did anybody just get a UCLA acknowledgement email today? I jus did, 2 months-ish after applying lol

Also sculpture, I got two identical emails from them a few days after applying lol. Their system seems glitchy. 

Congrats!!!

I still haven't heard from them... grr.

12 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

Congrats!!! That is strange they switched it up; maybe they want to save money by not flying people in this year? Weird that they wouldn't even offer in-person though.

UCI has been giving me tons of hits but thing is I never applied there. Hope yal hear from them soon! 

Amazing, congrats! Such a dream program!

The skype situation sounds more fair for the ones who can't attend in person or are international applicants. 

2 hours ago, Cengstro said:

Congratulations!! No news in my inbox. Checked out your website -- awesome work. Saw you were at Pioneer Works -- my studio was just a few blocks away on Dikeman/Van Brunt (Supersmith) & spent a couple of years making furniture above the key lime pie shop by the the pier in Red Hook. :) Congrats again, hoping for myself, no news is not bad news.

@Cengstro Thanks for checking out my work! Yeah, my studio is still in Red Hook and I love it down here. Being at Pioneer Works has been a huge help career wise. Will be a bummer to leave this neighborhood for Grad School, but I feel like it's the right thing to do at this moment in my life. Fingers crossed for the rest of the UCI hopefuls that you get good news soon. 

2 hours ago, sylviecerise said:

Also sculpture, I got two identical emails from them a few days after applying lol. Their system seems glitchy. 

I got those too.  haha  i've received a bunch of confirmations from them by now haha

19 minutes ago, desertdog said:

Any news from Rutgers have you gotten hits on your website from them?

Got a hit from them yesterday afternoon, but no news yet. Holding out lots of hope, really liked the program when I visited!!

27 minutes ago, tugbamina_871 said:

I tried calling a few people in the directory today but noone picked up. Was really tempted to leave a voicemail in this day and age lol.

I think they closed the campus due to the blizzard here. It's really bad.

Hi all!

Congratulations to all those who've been accepted and asked for interviews! I've been lurking this page for a long time and finally created an account because I'm checking my e-mail every 3 seconds.

I've applied to the following for painting:

University of Washington

University of Minnesota

Tulane

Boston University

I haven't heard back from anyone yet

Best of luck!

Congrats to everyone who has received interviews! Also eagerly awaiting news from Rutgers and Columbia, particularly in their photo departments. It looks like next week will be a big flurry of activity from many of these schools.

2 hours ago, jbsp said:

just got interview from cal arts...... it looks not a lot of people applying for calarts?

I did, for the 3 year graphic design program. What program do you apply for?

15 hours ago, Echo_in_ground said:

From my vimeo stats I can see RCA watched 3 of my 5 videos :unsure: none were finished which in itself shouldn't concern me since I heard they can only give 15 minutes to each application at this stage.

Urgh, I have a bad feeling about this. 

how do you check to see who/from where people are viewing your site?

4 hours ago, jbsp said:

just got interview from cal arts...... it looks not a lot of people applying for calarts?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I got the impression that CalArts doesn't have much in the way of funding offers. Could be the reason for fewer applicants?

I met a CalArts photo professor at a portfolio day and really appreciated what he had to say... unfortunately price is a huge factor for me. Plus he told me that they wouldn't let me use one of my favorite printing substrates in the department's large format printers, which is kind of a deal breaker :P

Congrats though! It's an awesome school either way.  

Edited by Vespertine