Fall 2017 Applicants

Bschaefer

10 hours ago, Doran said:

Could someone claim the Berkeley admit? I interviewed last week, but no word since. Ugh this process is definitely not fun. I haven't posted anything here yet, but I think this is a great community and glad that it's here. Also, any word from Brown or Chicago? Isn't this around the time they send out interviews ? 

Re: Brown interviews, I asked just about the same question a few days ago. Ha. It definitely seems to be around that time.

@Bschaefer says that he and a friend had interviews a long time ago (i.e. 1+ month ago)-- I'm confused about that but am also not sure that those were the "official" formal interviews, if that makes sense? I met with a professor for what I would consider an "informal" interview at Yale, for example, in December.

Edited by obicycleo

To the people that applied to UC Berkeley for sociocultural, I'm not sure if all admitted students get interviews or not---in looking at previous years on the acceptance page you can see that some people got accepted in Jan/Feb, and some didn't get accepted until APRIL (ugh). It's obviously a super competitive program though and this year the top programs seem extra brutal---the only school I've heard back from so far was a rejection from Indiana, and they only had 8 spots this year.

On 1/23/2017 at 11:34 AM, megsoul said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Colorado Denver's Clinical Health Psychology PhD program?

Their website says interview dates are February 2 & 3 and 16 & 17, but I haven't seen any interview posts so far...seems like they might have contacted people for interviews next week by now. :unsure:

I have not heard anything from them either.

14 hours ago, Doran said:

Could someone claim the Berkeley admit? I interviewed last week, but no word since. Ugh this process is definitely not fun. I haven't posted anything here yet, but I think this is a great community and glad that it's here. Also, any word from Brown or Chicago? Isn't this around the time they send out interviews ? 

Hi all, I can claim one SC admit for Berkeley (I believe there are 2 now on the results page). And the 12 from the list sounds about right, as I was told they intend to yield a cohort of 8-10. 

5 hours ago, obicycleo said:

Re: Brown interviews, I asked just about the same question a few days ago. Ha. It definitely seems to be around that time.

@Bschaefer says that he and a friend had interviews a long time ago (i.e. 1+ month ago)-- I'm confused about that but am also not sure that those were the "official" formal interviews, if that makes sense? I met with a professor for what I would consider an "informal" interview at Yale, for example, in December.

Yes, like I said before, I had a few interviews with the archaeology side, but not sure if these were formal or informal. But considering that I am no where close to Rhode Island, Skype was the only option. 

2 hours ago, giselle baron said:

Any word from Harvard? Historically they announce interviews until now but there are no notifications on the results page.

Haven't heard anything. From the results page, looks like they usually start sending decisions in the last days of February and continue through March and April. I guess we have a long road of waiting ahead of us! :wacko:

Anyone want to claim the Rice interview(s)?  I didn't get anything from them today so that's probably curtains for me.

In other news, I randomly checked my Wisconsin portal this afternoon and the status has now changed to "Your program has recommended you for admission.  The Graduate School will be reviewing your file."  I guess that's an acceptance, even though I haven't heard from the department or my POI yet...

25 minutes ago, museum_geek said:

Anyone want to claim the Rice interview(s)?  I didn't get anything from them today so that's probably curtains for me.

In other news, I randomly checked my Wisconsin portal this afternoon and the status has now changed to "Your program has recommended you for admission.  The Graduate School will be reviewing your file."  I guess that's an acceptance, even though I haven't heard from the department or my POI yet...

Congrats! Yeah that how my friends portal said too last year and she was admitted 

30 minutes ago, museum_geek said:

I am one of the Rice interviews

35 minutes ago, museum_geek said:

That is what mine said last year! You're totally in. Congrats!

@AnthropologyNRT Congrats!  You are absolutely killing it this cycle!  How did your Irvine interview go?

@Bschaefer @Caymay Thanks for letting me know - I had a feeling it was good news but good to know for sure.  Wisconsin is one of my top choices so I'm super stoked!

21 minutes ago, museum_geek said:

@AnthropologyNRT Congrats!  You are absolutely killing it this cycle!  How did your Irvine interview go?

@Bschaefer @Caymay Thanks for letting me know - I had a feeling it was good news but good to know for sure.  Wisconsin is one of my top choices so I'm super stoked!

That's great! I got the official noticed about two weeks after the recommendation.

If you pick UW-Madison you will love it. The people here are so fun and welcoming. Good luck with the other universities! 

1 hour ago, museum_geek said:

Thank you! The interview went well! Supposed to make offers (or not) as early as this Friday. A really splendid program.

4 hours ago, PurpleHibiscus said:

Just got into Brown University :D

Interview Request: Jan 25

Phone Interview: Jan 26

Admit: Feb 1

Still waiting to hear back from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, UChicago and NYU

Congrats! Can I ask whether you're sociocultural/archaeology/medical?

@Caymay Good to know!  From everything I've read and my conversations with my POI, it seems like a close knit, collegial department.  As long as I get some funding it will be a hard offer to turn down.

@AnthropologyNRT You rock!  I'm sure you'll be getting good news from Irvine soon!

2 hours ago, museum_geek said:

@Caymay Good to know!  From everything I've read and my conversations with my POI, it seems like a close knit, collegial department.  As long as I get some funding it will be a hard offer to turn down.

@AnthropologyNRT You rock!  I'm sure you'll be getting good news from Irvine soon!

I hope so! I'm honestly a nervous wreck. Congrats on your acceptance btw!