Fall 2017 Applicants

fbuggey93

Hey y'all, so far I have been accepted to the msw program at Tulane, GMU, and the University of South Carolina.  I am anxiously awaiting to hear from USC and VCU.  VCU is my first choice and this waiting game killing me.  Has anyone heard from VCU or USC yet?  Also, do you think it would be a bad idea to email VCU and inquire about when I will hear from them, as I have to submit a decision to the other schools in the very near future.. Also, Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!

3 hours ago, hollyg5 said:

Just got my acceptance to the University of Washington! Anyone else?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing when you applied? I'm going to be checking my email religiously now! 

On February 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM, alisham said:

Who did you email about getting an extension? I'm about 70% sure I'm going to Boston, but would like to wait for some financial aid info from UConn before I commit.

Congratulations on getting into Boston and UConn!! I just heard got accepted to UConn but the letters I got didn't mention anything about when I'd find out about financial aid - they just vaguely mentioned I might be eligible. Do you know if we have to do something for them to send you that info?

5 hours ago, Rose2017 said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing when you applied? I'm going to be checking my email religiously now! 

I applied like January 2, which was 2 days before the deadline. 

6 hours ago, Rose2017 said:

Congratulations on getting into Boston and UConn!! I just heard got accepted to UConn but the letters I got didn't mention anything about when I'd find out about financial aid - they just vaguely mentioned I might be eligible. Do you know if we have to do something for them to send you that info?

I think it's just a waiting game. I logged in to my student admin account, but it still says aid not available.

In other news, I received a voicemail from Rhode Island College admissions, but it just said to call them back. I wonder if that's good or bad...

7 hours ago, alisham said:

I think it's just a waiting game. I logged in to my student admin account, but it still says aid not available.

In other news, I received a voicemail from Rhode Island College admissions, but it just said to call them back. I wonder if that's good or bad...

Thanks that's good to know!

I hope it's good news - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Well, I got a voicemail from Rhode Island College last week, but it just said to give them a call back. I've been trying since Thursday & I can't get anyone on the phone. According to the website, if they call you that means you've been accepted. But I'm aggravated that despite leaving 2 voicemail messages & an email, I can't get anyone to get back to me. It makes me think the program is not that well run.

I'm also still waiting on University of South Carolina. However, I'm about 95 percent sure, barring a basically full ride from the above schools/UConn, I'll be going to Boston College.

On 3/3/2017 at 0:22 AM, petercolgate said:

Hey y'all, so far I have been accepted to the msw program at Tulane, GMU, and the University of South Carolina.  I am anxiously awaiting to hear from USC and VCU.  VCU is my first choice and this waiting game killing me.  Has anyone heard from VCU or USC yet?  Also, do you think it would be a bad idea to email VCU and inquire about when I will hear from them, as I have to submit a decision to the other schools in the very near future.. Also, Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!

I'm waiting on VCU as well. I haven't heard anything at all from them. Just playing the waiting game!

On 3/3/2017 at 0:22 AM, petercolgate said:

I'm in the same boat with vcu. I've heard that they will release some decisions before the April time frame....but I'm not sure how much sooner. I'm thinking of emailing my peer mentor and asking what to do because I've got to make a decision by the end of the month.

5 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Got accepted in the MSW at two universities. I am just waiting for the last one for an answer.

Congratulations! Which one where you accepted to?

On Thu Feb 16 2017 at 10:34 PM, 12sliders said:

Thanks you too!!

Hi there, again. Lol 

Have you heard from any of the colleges? If not mistaken, I think  yoi stated that you applied to Stony Brook correct? If so, they already started sending notifications. FYI

Update: Finally got in touch with the admissions people at Rhode Island College & I did get in. Now I'm just waiting on my admissions packet & I'm going to inquire on grad assistantships to see how that process goes.

59 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

University of Montreal and University of Quebec in Montreal. Thank you!

Once again, congratulations! 

2 hours ago, Gee_ said:

Hi there, again. Lol 

Have you heard from any of the colleges? If not mistaken, I think  yoi stated that you applied to Stony Brook correct? If so, they already started sending notifications. FYI

Didn't end up applying there. Have only heard back so far from Fordham. You?

1 hour ago, 12sliders said:

Didn't end up applying there. Have only heard back so far from Fordham. You?

Yes, and I got accepted too. If I don't hear from Hunter I guess I'll end up going to Stony Brook (Manhattan Campus). My decision has been made based on the most affordable tuition. 

I've applied to University of Pennsylvania, Boston University, University of Pittsburgh, and Marywood University. I have already been accpeted to UPenn's program which was my first choice! I heard back after my interview very quickly. I was given a pretty generous offer but I need to wait on the other three before I make any decisions. Anyone apply to BU or Pitt and has heard anything back?

11 hours ago, msakaezoua said:

I've applied to University of Pennsylvania, Boston University, University of Pittsburgh, and Marywood University. I have already been accpeted to UPenn's program which was my first choice! I heard back after my interview very quickly. I was given a pretty generous offer but I need to wait on the other three before I make any decisions. Anyone apply to BU or Pitt and has heard anything back?

I got into Pitt, visiting the school today and having a meeting with the director. I'll let you know how it goes. As for the application process, I applied the first week of December and found out I got accepted the first week. It was a quick turnaround 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, Gee_ said:

Yes, and I got accepted too. If I don't hear from Hunter I guess I'll end up going to Stony Brook (Manhattan Campus). My decision has been made based on the most affordable tuition. 

I just got an email that Stony Brook extended their deadline so I submitted my application a few minutes ago.

Congrats on being accepted!! How long did it take to hear back from them?

On 3/3/2017 at 4:50 AM, hollyg5 said:

hI applied like January 2, which was 2 days before the deadline. 

Congrats Holly!!!! I am waiting to hear back from UW still, although I applied just before the deadline. Really wishing I had applied earlier, but oh well! Gonna keep checking, and will update when I hear back! Going a little crazy over here waiting though to be honest!

12 hours ago, robrobi21 said:

I got into Pitt, visiting the school today and having a meeting with the director. I'll let you know how it goes. As for the application process, I applied the first week of December and found out I got accepted the first week. It was a quick turnaround 

Yeah definitely let me know how it goes! I submitted all of my materials Feb. 15th, so I feel as though I won't know for a while.