parsneezy

For those STILL waiting to hear from University of Washington, I followed up with a thank you email to the asst. director today for the interview yesterday and was told that they do plan to get their decisions out by the end of next week at the latest. This is going to be the longest week ever....

Congrats to those who have already gotten good news! 

On February 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Sjane19 said:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the University of Buffalo? I applied to their MSW/ PhD program. The suspense is killing me!

No. I applied to the PhD only program. Let me know if you hear anything please!

3 hours ago, ThinkVee said:

For the Social Welfare MSW/Ph.D program. I received a call from Dr. Jackson. I'm shocked too!! I haven't heard from any of the other schools I applied to. The anticipation was killing me. So I'm ecstatic right now.

Congratulations @ThinkVee @Tuck1!

For those who applied to Chicago, I noticed a new clickable icon "decision documents' on the top part of the application website. 

However my status still state "There is no update to your application status to report." 

1 hour ago, Ggsk said:

For those who applied to Chicago, I noticed a new clickable icon "decision documents' on the top part of the application website. 

However my status still state "There is no update to your application status to report." 

Hmmmmm maybe you got an acceptance? I looked at mine after reading this and found out I was wait listed. I'm sure no one will reject their offer of admission though. 

3 hours ago, Emarouk said:

For those STILL waiting to hear from University of Washington, I followed up with a thank you email to the asst. director today for the interview yesterday and was told that they do plan to get their decisions out by the end of next week at the latest. This is going to be the longest week ever....

Congrats to those who have already gotten good news! 

Thank you for the update! Although, I am not holding out much hope since I didn't have an interview and none of the professors I reached out to prior to applying emailed me back. Best of luck to you!! 

13 minutes ago, Tuck1 said:

Hmmmmm maybe you got an acceptance? I looked at mine after reading this and found out I was wait listed. I'm sure no one will reject their offer of admission though. 

Pple may reject, u never know. I have looked at umich yearly admission stats before and there were pple who rejected the offers haha 

me accepted by SSA? I have no idea. But no news is good news? Haha. Is ok. I am quite chilled abt it. 

1 hour ago, maxwelmoon said:

Thank you for the update! Although, I am not holding out much hope since I didn't have an interview and none of the professors I reached out to prior to applying emailed me back. Best of luck to you!! 

Thanks! I wouldn't give up hope though... I've spoken with quite a few of the current PhD candidates and NONE of them had an interview... I'm honestly not sure if they changed procedures and are interviewing this year OR they were just on the fence with me and this was more of a 'tie-breaker' situation. I hope you hear good things next week!

9 hours ago, ThinkVee said:

Anyone get a UCLA funding package/information with their acceptance offer?

Are you doing the combined or the PhD track? I am doing the PhD track and I did not receive a package yet. Dr. Jackson said they are still deciding that information so it should be coming within the next few weeks. I would imagine if you're going to the meet and greet you would receive it there. I will be out of the country so won't be attending. i am already looking around for places to live though and it is not cheap, I haven't been in LA for a few years now so I forgot about that aspect. 

4 hours ago, Tuck1 said:

Are you doing the combined or the PhD track? I am doing the PhD track and I did not receive a package yet. Dr. Jackson said they are still deciding that information so it should be coming within the next few weeks. I would imagine if you're going to the meet and greet you would receive it there. I will be out of the country so won't be attending. i am already looking around for places to live though and it is not cheap, I haven't been in LA for a few years now so I forgot about that aspect. 

I'm doing the combined. When I saw Dr. Jackson the first time in June she said no funding for my MSW portion, but when I saw her again at the information session with the graduate students they all said funding is available. So I'm unsure. But it's good to know that information hasn't been sent out yet. I was beginning to get worried I would have no assistance at all. Lol. Which I hope is not the case. Thank you! Yes I know, I just started looking too. It's expensive. Especially coming from Las Vegas where it's so cheap. ?

1 hour ago, ruffian said:

Nope! Got to be any day now. Previous years had said February 13-20. 

Still waiting on my end too. Here's to hoping it is this week! (I am assuming it is since the application email said that it would be before March 1). I checked my portal and it said that my references were submitted sometime in February which is odd--it said received initially but didn't have a date. Anyone else seeing something like that? Good luck all!

1 hour ago, Jarrodb said:

Still waiting on my end too. Here's to hoping it is this week! (I am assuming it is since the application email said that it would be before March 1). I checked my portal and it said that my references were submitted sometime in February which is odd--it said received initially but didn't have a date. Anyone else seeing something like that? Good luck all!

I saw the date was 8/2. Maybe they check my reference at that day.

2 hours ago, Tiiiny said:

I saw the date was 8/2. Maybe they check my reference at that day.

Mine said 2/8 as well. Must just be when they access them or something. 

Hopefully we will hear in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, ruffian said:

Mine said 2/8 as well. Must just be when they access them or something. 

Hopefully we will hear in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!

I already gave up. BC and Wisc gave me the regections...UMICH also will not receive ?

35 minutes ago, HopefulSWKPhDstudent said:

University of South Carolina at Columbia ? If so I am still waiting on a response ....

I'm still waiting to hear from South Carolina as well. I had an interview in early Feb and they said the PhD committee meets every other Friday (they met the 10th). Hopefully we'll hear soon!