Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

19 minutes ago, torschlusspanik said:

Anyone else waiting for UCR, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and/or TTU?

I am waiting for Pittsburgh. Considering previous years, they should issue their decision this week or the next.

42 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I'm super anxious for the next week. The rejection from Northwestern really made me feel like I'm on a thin ice. Good luck to everyone waiting here :)

I feel you. 
I felt that Northwestern was my "best shot" of all schools to get into (that's just my perception) and now I am expecting only more rejections ... :/ 

@RevTheory1126: Sleep is for the weak, right? ;) 

Good luck everybody! 

46 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I am waiting for Pittsburgh. Considering previous years, they should issue their decision this week or the next.

Indeed. At the results page, the first announcement was on 3 Feb 2016. In a phone call before submitting my application they said the results are usually released in the first week of February. I marked 6 Feb 2017 on my agenda as the day to start freaking out. :D 

Is it your first option?

1 hour ago, torschlusspanik said:

Anyone else waiting for UCR, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and/or TTU?

I'm also waiting on Syracuse, though I'm expecting most of the rest of my results to roll in while I'm at ISA. The panels will keep me distracted enough from checking my e-mail and the application portals every hour.

3 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

I'm also waiting on Syracuse, though I'm expecting most of the rest of my results to roll in while I'm at ISA. The panels will keep me distracted enough from checking my e-mail and the application portals every hour.

How is it over there? Already met other applicants crazily looking at their mobiles?

I'm expecting to hear from Syracuse only after 20 Feb... It will still take some time, I guess. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, torschlusspanik said:

How is it over there? Already met other applicants crazily looking at their mobiles?

I'm expecting to hear from Syracuse only after 20 Feb... It will still take some time, I guess. :unsure:

ISA is February 22-25, so I think that'll be a crazy week for me. I'm the only one of my friends applying to graduate school this cycle (they're all waiting a year or two for a myriad of reasons), so nobody besides me staring sadly at my mobile.

2 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

ISA is February 22-25, so I think that'll be a crazy week for me. I'm the only one of my friends applying to graduate school this cycle (they're all waiting a year or two for a myriad of reasons), so nobody besides me staring sadly at my mobile.

Almost the same here. I'm the only one among my friends applying to the US. Another one is trying Canada and Australia but the processes are a bit different, I guess.

Is Syracuse your first option?

4 minutes ago, torschlusspanik said:

Is Syracuse your first option?

It's up there. My top three consistently change in ranking depending on my mood. Is it your top choice?

Edited by tkid86

4 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

It's up there. My top three consistently change in ranking depending on my mood. Is it your top choice?

Although I'd really like to live somewhere warmer than Germany, it is among the top, yes. I'm just applying to 4 schools in the US, so it ends up being in the top anyway.

We are in different fields, though. I'm somewhere between comparative politics and political theory.

1 hour ago, torschlusspanik said:

Indeed. At the results page, the first announcement was on 3 Feb 2016. In a phone call before submitting my application they said the results are usually released in the first week of February. I marked 6 Feb 2017 on my agenda as the day to start freaking out. :D 

Is it your first option?

No, it is not. This title goes to Michigan or Duke among the ones I tried this cycle. But it also depends on my mood, like tkid86's.

I tried to cite tkid86's name above, but I think it did not work. How do you do that?

Edited by VMcJ
Add a question

4 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

No, it is not. This title goes to Michigan or Duke among the ones I tried this cycle. But it also depends on my mood, like tkid86's.

I tried to cite tkid86's name above, but I think it did not work. How do you do that?

Austin is also quite well-known in Latin American politics! Congrats! :)

To cite someone, you should just write @ + name (together). 

6 minutes ago, torschlusspanik said:

Austin is also quite well-known in Latin American politics! Congrats! :)

To cite someone, you should just write @ + name (together). 

Of course. Years of Twitter and you thought I would learn something. Thank you.

And thanks about Austin. They still did not send more details about their offer, and of course I want to know what will come out of all other programs I applied; but if somebody from the future said to me at the beginning of the cycle I would get accepted by UT-Austin, I would be enormously satisfied right then.

46 minutes ago, resDQ said:

Checked my Stanford app. and it says "Official Document Request" 

Anyone else have this? 

Mine says the same, and it mentions my undergrad university

3 minutes ago, cb2017 said:

Mine said about three weeks ago. I sent my official transcripts and it went away. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info. My official ones are sent in and it says that on the checklist portion.

3 minutes ago, Gik said:

hm, I'm worried now. I thought I was supposed to send official undergrad transcripts just if I were accepted. Did I get that wrong?

Yes apparently Stanford is one of the only schools that require you to mail in official transcripts (and even 2 copies for some reason)

2 minutes ago, Gik said:

hm, I'm worried now. I thought I was supposed to send official undergrad transcripts just if I were accepted. Did I get that wrong?

Stanford said official. However, they would accept unofficial transcripts for review purposes. If you are accepted, then you really must send in official ones. If you did not get an email from the grad secretary, do not worry about it.