Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

Sigh. I hate waiting. How long do admissions committees take to make decisions? Is the primary challenge just trying to get everyone in the same room? Does that even happen anymore? I know these questions are futile but I can't help but ask them anyway.

2 minutes ago, gc_user said:

Sigh. I hate waiting. How long do admissions committees take to make decisions? Is the primary challenge just trying to get everyone in the same room? Does that even happen anymore? I know these questions are futile but I can't help but ask them anyway.

I imagine the primary challenge is reading through all the apps first, the second deciding on the borderline cases. 

2 hours ago, VMcJ said:

No claim, no pain, people! Shenanigans! :lol: 

Yes!

2 hours ago, Kenga said:

As far as I know, Princeton does not send out their acceptances for about another week.

Hence, 

14479916.jpg

Yessssss!

2 hours ago, Shirtless Putin's Horse said:

Trolls will be dealt with in most humane manner possible 

putin_1796716c.jpg

Oh my...terrifying, but... Yessss!

quiet day here, suspense building....

51 minutes ago, waterloo715 said:

Wow, that is quite a start to the cycle. Congrats!

41 minutes ago, Kenga said:

Congrats, you're on fire! 

May this cycle continue in the same way! 

5 minutes ago, GradNYC said:

wow! congrats!!!!

Thanks, everyone. I really did not expect all this!

4 hours ago, Comparativist said:

So it looks like today is a dud..not surprising, I feel like the mid and end of the week is usually when the action occurs.

The worst part of waiting for me is not being able to plan what I have to do next. Even if they're all rejections, knowing my results would allow me to think what to do and decide my next steps. I'm usually anxious, but the uncertainty of this wait is making it all the worse.

23 minutes ago, Gik said:

The worst part of waiting for me is not being able to plan what I have to do next. Even if they're all rejections, knowing my results would allow me to think what to do and decide my next steps. I'm usually anxious, but the uncertainty of this wait is making it all the worse.

I am also someone who likes to plan ahead and this has been the worst part of the whole process. Hopefully you'll be taken out of your misery by the end of this week. In the meanwhile, I've set more short term goals the last three weeks than I'd ever had before. I find that focusing on those (especially stuff like going to the gym, which isn't academic and takes a lot of energy) helps my long-term brain shut up for a little while.

32 minutes ago, Bibica said:

I am also someone who likes to plan ahead and this has been the worst part of the whole process. Hopefully you'll be taken out of your misery by the end of this week. In the meanwhile, I've set more short term goals the last three weeks than I'd ever had before. I find that focusing on those (especially stuff like going to the gym, which isn't academic and takes a lot of energy) helps my long-term brain shut up for a little while.

That's a great idea! XD

59 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Oh wow!!! Congrats! Maybe you can be our thread good luck charm????

I don't know what that entails, but I like the sound of it. :D

7 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I claim one of the rejections from UCSD. 

I started to get really frightened after Northwestern and UCSD.

:( thanks for claiming the rejection so we know it isn't a troll. 

UCSD sent out a couple of rejections, what does it mean if you haven't received any kind of status update? As far as I know IR people have gotten cut, but theres no indication of other sub-fields. I am an Americanist, so I am trying to figure out what this all means. Did the IR pile get sorted through first, or are they down to a smaller cut of people? I thought these schools send their decisions together...

Edited by jge