Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

39 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Anyone claiming the UCLA admit?

I didn't apply there, but my SO was just accepted. American subfield. 

Similarly, can also confirm that Princeton sent out an acceptance. American subfield, again.

Edited by Bibica
Good day for BF.

4 minutes ago, Bibica said:

Also got into Princeton. First school both of us got into. I'm literally shaking in my lecture hall right now. My worst fear will no longer be realized!

What is your subfield?  And was it via email or the portal?  Also, congratulations to all of those getting good news today!

2 minutes ago, Hates_Goats said:

What is your subfield?  And was it via email or the portal?  Also, congratulations to all of those getting good news today!

I'm Comparative, my SO is in American. By email, DGS. Invited to visit, notified of full tuition and fellowship support, details to follow.

2 minutes ago, Bibica said:

I'm Comparative, my SO is in American. By email, DGS. Invited to visit, notified of full tuition and fellowship support, details to follow.

That sounds absolutely amazing! Congratulations! The anxiety continues for me... 

8 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Congrats to all accepted by Princeton and UCLA!

@Bibica, that's jackpot! Double congrats!

I feel those are not the only news we're going to get today...

Besides, UCSD today...I am thinking Friday is going to be a big day.

Edited by Comparativist

To those who have been notified by Princeton via email, will you please let us know when you notice your status change in the application portal? Thanks. I have a feeling that they're still emailing people, but as of yet, I have not received any word re: admittance or wait list.

3 minutes ago, weathered_behavioralist said:

To those who have been notified by Princeton via email, will you please let us know when you notice your status change in the application portal? Thanks. I have a feeling that they're still emailing people, but as of yet, I have not received any word re: admittance or wait list.

Yes, and was it a personal email from DGS?

6 minutes ago, Monody said:

So is an unchanged status positive or negative?

There isn't enough information to conclude one way or another at this point. Bibica's status in unchanged and s/he has been accepted. I have heard nothing from them and my status is also unchanged.

9 minutes ago, Monody said:

So is an unchanged status positive or negative? All these unanswered questions :(

I am in the same boat. Mine says unchanged as well. Trying to stay in the mindset that unchanged means unchanged and no news means no news, all in an effort to maintain my sanity. 

To talk about something else: Any idea when we are expecting Columbia, MIT, and Stanford? End of next week? Also what does it mean if it says on the applicant page for Stanford that I can order original documents from the universities from which Ive sent them transcripts?

Edited by Monody

2 minutes ago, Monody said:

To talk about something else: Any idea when we are expecting Columbia, MIT, and Stanford? End of next week?

Stanford could be this week. They've announced this early before. Also, a lot of the schools UCLA, UCSD, Princeton, are notifying earlier than they did last year. Everything is fair game now.

1 hour ago, Bibica said:

Also got into Princeton. First school both of us got into. I'm literally shaking in my lecture hall right now. My worst fear will no longer be realized!

Wow, seriously, condolences to those who were declined, "yippes" for those accepted, but @Bibica probably gets the gold star for today... so happy for you and SO! Congrats!

Sending out good vibes to all waiting on Princeton today... 

Edited by RevTheory1126