SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2017/2018

SadieLou

If they say "this week" today, I'm skeptical it's happening today... /sigh

My friend's prof is on one of the committees and said that the decisions are already made, they met almost a month ago to discuss them, apparently.

Edited by Liv_G

1 hour ago, schnert said:

For the last few years SSHRC has announced on twitter when the letters had been sent out.  An applicant this year pointed this out, and SSHRC "liked" the tweet.  See also LAST YEAR's mail-out announcement tweet.  Setting a push notification for @sshrc_crsh might be an idea.

Although this is true, it seems as though people started finding out last year by April 22 either through mail or by being notified by their department. I just checked with my department again and they have yet to receive word so I do think it's a bit delayed this year.

Yeah--this is pretty brutal waiting ... (but then again, I have no patience). Postdoctoral sshrcs were later this year ... dunno if that matters...

13 hours ago, spicytunaroll said:

lol i am dying. this is almost as painful as waiting to hear back from grad school

Seriously. All the people I've told at my US school have been incredulous that results are by snail mail... seems intentionally torturous. 

8 minutes ago, 1Q84 said:

Seriously. All the people I've told at my US school have been incredulous that results are by snail mail... seems intentionally torturous. 

For what it's worth, I don't think the schools have been informed either (by email).  I contacted the awards officer yesterday, and she said she has not heard yet. More waiting.

9 minutes ago, CrunchCrunch said:

For what it's worth, I don't think the schools have been informed either (by email).  I contacted the awards officer yesterday, and she said she has not heard yet. More waiting.

That's odd...usually the schools are informed before the letters go out. I really hope that SSHRC just resorts to emailing the results given the time crunch!

2 hours ago, rugox said:

That's ridiculous! They should just send out emails!!

Or even email you to tell you to login to view results like, oh I don't know, every university in North America.

27 minutes ago, FrankFranks said:

The deadline for me to accept OGS (a mutually exclusive scholarship) is on Monday. This late SSHRC business is super annoying!

O shit -- Surely the SSHRC people know of this. Maybe the letters will actually go out before Friday (somewhere in this thread someone said something about receiving the letter before the tweet). In any case, hope it all works out for you!

Edited by violabec
wrong word

1 hour ago, FrankFranks said:

The deadline for me to accept OGS (a mutually exclusive scholarship) is on Monday. This late SSHRC business is super annoying!

Maybe it depends of the university but at OttawaU, You can accept OGS and then cancel it if you got SSHRC. You should ask your school if it's a possibility. 

35 minutes ago, spicytunaroll said:

omg. tomorrow. can we just email them and ask when they send out the notice that the slow mail's out?

seems like they always mail them out on Fridays, likely to avoid replying to emails until Monday. :P