Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

Is anyone else interviewing at University of South Dakota? It's a full day of interviewing followed by a "casual potluck supper". Am I expected to bring something to this potluck? I'm flying in the night before the interviews, I don't know if I'll have time to find/stop at a supermarket. Is it a faux pas if I don't bring anything? 

2 minutes ago, juhidee119 said:

Is anyone else interviewing at University of South Dakota? It's a full day of interviewing followed by a "casual potluck supper". Am I expected to bring something to this potluck? I'm flying in the night before the interviews, I don't know if I'll have time to find/stop at a supermarket. Is it a faux pas if I don't bring anything? 

I highly doubt you're expected to bring anything. I just had a potluck dinner at an interview last weekend and the faculty and grad student brought things but we weren't expected to. 

2 minutes ago, PNIplz said:

I highly doubt you're expected to bring anything. I just had a potluck dinner at an interview last weekend and the faculty and grad student brought things but we weren't expected to. 

Thank you! That's what I figured but nervousness is clouding my judgment haha 

2 minutes ago, juhidee119 said:

Thank you! That's what I figured but nervousness is clouding my judgment haha 

The potluck dinner was really fun though and a great way to get to know everyone. Enjoy it!

2 minutes ago, justbreathe said:

Seriously!! I'm just waiting on one more program & it's killing me.

L O L I'm waiting on like 5-6. Also waiting for a phone call for an offer to one of my top schools. Can't breathe but it's fine!!!!! (it's not fine)

2 minutes ago, PNIplz said:

L O L I'm waiting on like 5-6. Also waiting for a phone call for an offer to one of my top schools. Can't breathe but it's fine!!!!! (it's not fine)

Haha I only applied to 5 :)

And ahhhhhh!!!! That's so exciting/terrifying/stressful!!!! I hope you get it! :)

To people who received an invitation from UCLA and Boston, congradulations!!! If you feel comfortable to PM me the initials of your POI, then would be great. I hope things work for you!

2 minutes ago, MrTree said:

To people who received an invitation from UCLA and Boston, congradulations!!! If you feel comfortable to PM me the initials of your POI, then would be great. I hope things work for you!

Mistype... Only UCLA

5 minutes ago, MrTree said:

Seconded, please (for both UCLA and Umass Boston!)

20 minutes ago, ClinicalPSY said:

Any word on UPenn and Duke yet? I think both should have sent out invitations by now but apart from the few invitations I have heard about (and one rejection for Duke) there is no word on either yet. This is absolutely killing me since my entire application process hinges on getting one of these two interview invites. What a mess!

Why does it hinge on that? Did you only apply to those two schools?

24 minutes ago, ClinicalPSY said:

Any word on UPenn and Duke yet? I think both should have sent out invitations by now but apart from the few invitations I have heard about (and one rejection for Duke) there is no word on either yet. This is absolutely killing me since my entire application process hinges on getting one of these two interview invites. What a mess!

I've seen a few invitations for UPenn on the results page, so I'm assuming I've been rejected (or at least not on any kind of shortlist) because I haven't received an invite. I didn't apply for clinical, but UPenn seems to treat its psychology applicant pool as one big pool of applicants (moreso than other schools where subfields do their own thing). UPenn only has an entering cohort of around 10 students a year so I wasn't expecting much.