Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

3 minutes ago, NoelleCavalier said:

Has anyone heard from 

1. University of Houston

2. Auburn

3. Uniformed Services University

4. University of Tennessee Knoxville (Counseling program)

5. University of Utah

6. Notre Dame

7. Southern Methodist University

I believe Houston is finished extending interviews; theirs is the 10th.

5 minutes ago, NoelleCavalier said:

Has anyone heard from 

1. University of Houston

2. Auburn

5. University of Utah

6. Notre Dame

UT Knoxville has extended their invites

32 minutes ago, NoelleCavalier said:

Has anyone heard from 

1. University of Houston

2. Auburn

5. University of Utah

6. Notre Dame

I think USUHS went out. I received mine earlier this week.... Wishing you the very best of luck!

1 hour ago, NoelleCavalier said:

Has anyone heard from 

1. University of Houston

2. Auburn

5. University of Utah

6. Notre Dame

Utah and Auburn both have extended interviews. Utah' interview dates are 2/8 or 2/10 and Auburn's is 2/11. Though I think someone mentioned Auburn's DCT said they hadn't all gone out. 

Has anyone heard anything from Temple after the interviews? I'm trying to figure out if they are calling all acceptances across the board? Or if they are calling based on when the PI makes his/her final decisions, and thus the admissions will be staggered. If anyone can shed some light on this, that'd be great! The anticipation is frying my nerves! 

10 hours ago, byn said:

That is so embarrassing, and reflects so much of their (AWFULLY RUDE) program coordinator. Wow. The faculty there is a mess as well, Dr. Weathers didn't "realize" he couldn't accept students because lack of funding until AFTER deadlines, so everyone who applied to work with him basically got their application thrown into a rejection pile- And of course the majority of applicants still don't know this. Messy school, messy program, crappy funding issues, I wouldn't want to go there anyways. Dodged a huge bullet :) 

I definitely sympathized with you. A POI, one of my top choice, approached me to dicuss about interview details. Right after I booked my tickets to that city, he wrote me that he could not take a student this year and withdrawn the interview invitation. It turned out that he did not realize he was short of funding at that time. I was not very happy about it, but it was what it was. Despite that he encouraged me to apply there next year if I am not in a doctoral program at that time, I probably would not apply again.

I hope you are feeling well and will enter your dream school this year.

4 hours ago, Psych_hopeful said:

Has anyone heard anything from Temple after the interviews? I'm trying to figure out if they are calling all acceptances across the board? Or if they are calling based on when the PI makes his/her final decisions, and thus the admissions will be staggered. If anyone can shed some light on this, that'd be great! The anticipation is frying my nerves! 

Perhaps you could write your POI directly. My POI told me that I was on the waitlist and DCT would let me know about the details soon. According to my knowledge that offers have been extended on Tuesday. Sorry :( I am a bit down as well. Good luck with other interviews.

5 hours ago, MrTree said:

I definitely sympathized with you. A POI, one of my top choice, approached me to dicuss about interview details. Right after I booked my tickets to that city, he wrote me that he could not take a student this year and withdrawn the interview invitation. It turned out that he did not realize he was short of funding at that time. I was not very happy about it, but it was what it was. Despite that he encouraged me to apply there next year if I am not in a doctoral program at that time, I probably would not apply again.

I hope you are feeling well and will enter your dream school this year.

Had a very similar experience at USC with a POI who said he was taking students and then ended up not actually having the funding himself - only could take students if another faculty member was interested in that student and could fund them. Seems like something that could have been mentioned months ago instead of after applying.

3 minutes ago, Elunei said:

Had a very similar experience at USC with a POI who said he was taking students and then ended up not actually having the funding himself - only could take students if another faculty member was interested in that student and could fund them. Seems like something that could have been mentioned months ago instead of after applying.

Would you mind PMing me who your POI was? I applied and have an inkling it may have been my POI as well

7 hours ago, MrTree said:

Perhaps you could write your POI directly. My POI told me that I was on the waitlist and DCT would let me know about the details soon. According to my knowledge that offers have been extended on Tuesday. Sorry :( I am a bit down as well. Good luck with other interviews.

Hmmm, I'm wondering then if the calls are being made based on when the PI makes their decision? Because I have not heard anything, and I would have thought that if my PI made her decision if I were accepted, a high alternate, or low alternate,  I would know. 

36 minutes ago, NeisserThanILook said:

At what point after interviews is it appropriate to contact the program regarding admissions decisions? And who would be the best person to contact (POI, DCT, other administrator)?

If it were me, I think I would try to wait about 3 weeks, especially since it's still only January.

3 minutes ago, NeisserThanILook said:

Thanks for the reply! I was also thinking I should wait at least another week (which would make it 3 weeks), it's just so hard not knowing haha. 

Yeah of course! I totally understand--I just had my interview at my top choice program today, and cannot comprehend what I will do if more than about two weeks go by and I haven't heard anything haha

5 minutes ago, justbreathe said:

Yeah of course! I totally understand--I just had my interview at my top choice program today, and cannot comprehend what I will do if more than about two weeks go by and I haven't heard anything haha

Same....it's literally been a day and Im dying ?

4 minutes ago, justbreathe said:

Mine is my top choice too, it's agonizing. But best of luck, and I hope you hear back sooner than I have!