Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

30 minutes ago, PhD_Wannabe01 said:

Does anyone know if the following schools are still sending out invitations for interviews? I'm only mildly freaking out :P

1. University of Montana
  2. Saint John's University
  3. University System of Ohio – Ohio University
  4. University of Texas System – Austin
  5. University of Wyoming 

Cheers!

I'm still wondering about UT Austin as well. I know one person reported an interview there, but their POI's initials were for an "affiliated faculty" rather than the core so I'm not sure if the core faculty have extended invites yet.

3 hours ago, justbreathe said:

I know UConn has a waitlist for interviews, but seeing as how they're next Wednesday and Friday, I'm just really not sure what's going on!

I'm a bit confused as well. I emailed the department and got a non-answer. Then emailed my POI (was delirious from being sick -_-) and didn't get a response. I've written UConn off but its a little weird.

2 hours ago, JacobW83 said:

I'm still wondering about UT Austin as well. I know one person reported an interview there, but their POI's initials were for an "affiliated faculty" rather than the core so I'm not sure if the core faculty have extended invites yet.

I had a phone interview with my POI a couple weeks ago and it sounded like I was her last invite (she already had four others), but their second interview date isn't until the 20th so some may still be extending invites!

7 hours ago, NeisserThanILook said:

I had a phone interview with my POI a couple weeks ago and it sounded like I was her last invite (she already had four others), but their second interview date isn't until the 20th so some may still be extending invites!

Well in that case they're likely done, though I guess more could come for the later date. Do you mind PMing me your POI initials? Congrats on the phone interview by the way :)

11 hours ago, elle01 said:

I received an invite to interview for Yeshiva University's Clinical Psychology (Health Emphasis) PhD program. The day is from 11:45am-3pm. They made no mention of lunch being part of this, so should I assume there is none? Or should I email and ask, if that's not weird? Does anyone else invited (or interviewed in the past) have more insight? Thanks! 

I also got this email and will be attending this interview. I'm planning on eating a large meal around 11am and bringing a snack. I don't want to presume that they will be providing us lunch, and I don't feel comfortable asking them, so either I'll be pleasantly surprised or hungrier than usual at 3pm. The two interviews I had last week didn't provide lunch at lunchtime, so my assumption is no, but let me know if you gain any additional insight! 

Does anyone know whether or not UVA clinical (not curry school) interviews have been extended? Or any knowledge about when interviews will be? Nothing has been posted on the board, and it looks like interviews were extended in late Jan. in prior years. Thanks!

8 hours ago, NeisserThanILook said:

Congrats on the interview! Would you mind PMing me your POI's initials?

57 minutes ago, psych0627 said:

Does anyone know whether or not UVA clinical (not curry school) interviews have been extended? Or any knowledge about when interviews will be? Nothing has been posted on the board, and it looks like interviews were extended in late Jan. in prior years. Thanks!

Same question here!

So this might have been brought up already but I am going to ask it again. I had a phone interview on Tuesday at school A in which my POI asked me if I would like to visit in person? I said yes and she stated that I would receive an email later this week with the details. Sin& C's interview day just in case it falls on the same day as A. Do y'all think it is appropriate to email my POI at school A to find out if she knows the dates of the in person interview yet since it has only been since Tuesday that I had the phone interview? 

3 hours ago, psych0627 said:

I also got this email and will be attending this interview. I'm planning on eating a large meal around 11am and bringing a snack. I don't want to presume that they will be providing us lunch, and I don't feel comfortable asking them, so either I'll be pleasantly surprised or hungrier than usual at 3pm. The two interviews I had last week didn't provide lunch at lunchtime, so my assumption is no, but let me know if you gain any additional insight! 

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks and best of luck! 

1 hour ago, psychpride9 said:

Does anyone know if UHawaii at Manoa is done extending Skype interview invites? I know one person heard back from one of the PIs I applied to work with. It's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from.

My friend and I are currently waiting to hear back from them as well. They stated that they will be sending interview invites into March.

1 hour ago, psychpride9 said:

Does anyone know if UHawaii at Manoa is done extending Skype interview invites? I know one person heard back from one of the PIs I applied to work with. It's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from.

I'm waiting to hear back from them, too. I know of two POI's that have already extended interview invites, but I don't know about the rest, or even if the POI's that already have, might do more later? It's confusing/complicated since they only require Skype interviews!

1 hour ago, justbreathe said:

I'm waiting to hear back from them, too. I know of two POI's that have already extended interview invites, but I don't know about the rest, or even if the POI's that already have, might do more later? It's confusing/complicated since they only require Skype interviews!

Which POI's extended interview invites?

Hi. Any idea who the POI's who have extended interviews are? I have applied to Professor Cicero but haven't heard back yet!

DC & AM

Thanks justbreathe. I guess I am not getting an invite from there then. It's cool actually. I had applied there to be able to surf for 5 years :) I have interviews with much much higher rated schools. Though I wonder on what basis a school like UManoa can reject an application which receives an interview call from UBerkeley :)

7 hours ago, ClinicalPSY said:

Thanks justbreathe. I guess I am not getting an invite from there then. It's cool actually. I had applied there to be able to surf for 5 years :) I have interviews with much much higher rated schools. Though I wonder on what basis a school like UManoa can reject an application which receives an interview call from UBerkeley :)

Fit, funding, how you came across in your application materials; there are many reasons.

BTW gonna echo stereopticons on this. There are a few members here that I've accidentally found on other boards I frequent. If a current grad student took your comment personally they may try to help the program 'dodge a bullet'.