Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

8 minutes ago, ClincPsyc said:

Yes, this is for UMD, College Park. I got the invitation email from the program coordinator on Jan 3. Surprisingly, very few people have posted on the result page about it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.57.21 AM.png

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions that I can help with. 

Thank you so much! Very helpful :) Good luck!! And congrats!!! 

3 hours ago, brightbluebirds said:

I thought their PhD program wasn't accredited by the APA though?

I'm officially super confused. I applied for their PhD program which was clearly stated on their website, but not they've removed the program's page and they're focusing on the PsyD program which is not accredited and no has graduated from that program yet.

Also, I just got an e-mail from Mercer saying that they weren't going to enroll anyone in their PhD program, but they offered me an interview with their PsyD program. This seems pretty fishy to me... 

5 minutes ago, UngSully said:

I'm officially super confused. I applied for their PhD program which was clearly stated on their website, but not they've removed the program's page and they're focusing on the PsyD program which is not accredited and no has graduated from that program yet.

Also, I just got an e-mail from Mercer saying that they weren't going to enroll anyone in their PhD program, but they offered me an interview with their PsyD program. This seems pretty fishy to me... 

Omg I've been so confused as well. I thought I was imagining things but I know they had more info on their PhD program. Wait what? I got an interview for their PhD program...or so I thought. I haven't gotten the email you're talking about. Exactly, it's so sketch like they're not being clear at all. 

2 hours ago, psychout129 said:

any word on Rutgers clinical PsyD?

Received email today from program admin for School & Clinical psych.

Edited by ysi2010

10 minutes ago, brightbluebirds said:

Omg I've been so confused as well. I thought I was imagining things but I know they had more info on their PhD program. Wait what? I got an interview for their PhD program...or so I thought. I haven't gotten the email you're talking about. Exactly, it's so sketch like they're not being clear at all. 

So let me outline exactly what happened...I sent my GRE scores to the wrong place, so their program coordinator e-mailed me, asking for me to resend the scores. I did, and meanwhile I sent a screenshot of my scores so they reviewed my application. Then today she says, "I’ve reviewed your file once more and noticed that you indicated interest in our PhD program. Currently we are not enrolling students for that program, but we are interviewing for our PsyD program. If that is something that would interest you, please let me know. The faculty and I have reviewed your application and we think you look like an excellent candidate, but we wanted to be clear about the program we offer and gauge your interest."  

What did you e-mail say?? can you DM me if you don't feel comfortable with putting it up here?

3 hours ago, Psyched56 said:

Did anyone else just get that mass email from Teacher's College Admissions with the subject "You're Invited" and a few emojis? Comedic relief because for a second I thought that's how they were extending interview offers ?

Wow, no. What was in the email? LOL.

Although it might be a long shot that I would get an offer from Temple (I haven't heared from it since the interview. Sigh~ I am not a very good match as well), I am curious is there anyone on the same boat as me? Don't know about my alternate status yet. :(

Edited by MrTree

54 minutes ago, MrTree said:

Although it might be a long shot that I would get an offer from Temple (I haven't heared from it since the interview. Sigh~ I am not a very good match as well), I am curious is there anyone on the same boat as me? Don't know about my alternate status yet. :(

Same boat! I ended up emailing the DCT to find out my status yesterday, still waiting on a response. I'll let you know when I hear back, and if you could also let me know if you get any updates! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Slothanos15 said:

Same boat! I ended up emailing the DCT to find out my status yesterday, still waiting on a response. I'll let you know when I hear back, and if you could also let me know if you get any updates! Thanks!

I will PM you if I hear something back! Thank you, & best wishes

On 1/18/2017 at 5:02 PM, BendingRodriguez said:

Just checking on these schools, since I'm not sure if they've begun sending out invites...

UCLA
Harvard
Northwestern (Psychology Dept., not the Feinberg School of Medicine)
UVA

Anyone heard from any of these? If not, any expectations for when these might be sent?

Following! I am interested in finding out as well

4 hours ago, juhidee119 said:

I got an interview for Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Does anyone know how many people were invited and how many acceptance spots they have? Just want to know how much of a chance I have :lol:

I got an interview there as well, congrats :) Looking at previous years it seems like they invite about 60-80 and accept half that, which from what I understand is a pretty good shot as far as odds go compared to other schools!

15 minutes ago, Rose1128 said:

I got an interview there as well, congrats :) Looking at previous years it seems like they invite about 60-80 and accept half that, which from what I understand is a pretty good shot as far as odds go compared to other schools!

Thanks, congrats to you also! 

Yeah I saw that on their website. I was hoping someone had the inside scoop for exact numbers this year haha

20 hours ago, Psyched56 said:

Did anyone else just get that mass email from Teacher's College Admissions with the subject "You're Invited" and a few emojis? Comedic relief because for a second I thought that's how they were extending interview offers ?

LOL yeah I had a heart attack and then it was like "Open-House Event" and I was just...

22 minutes ago, applicant1627 said:

Several schools I've applied to have sent out both the first round of rejections and interview invitations within the past few weeks and I've heard nothing. Should I assume I'm waitlisted?

If they have sent both and you know that for a fact, you could contact their admin. staff and see where you stand. 

57 minutes ago, byn said:

A school I'm interviewing at just sent a MASS e-mail to all people interviewing showing everyone's names/e-mails.. :rolleyes: Should I be concerned? Should I not care? Is it wrong I feel a little uncomfortable other candidates have access to my name, my e-mail, and can google/search me? Eh..

I've had schools that do that though they also specific that they were doing it so that we could contact each other if we wanted (for lodging etc.).