Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

Anyone know if Hofstra is finished extending offers yet? I called the office and they said that interview offers were already finished being extended. I am wondering if she made an error bc I havent heard yet from anyone who received an offer

6 minutes ago, Psyc Student said:

Anyone know if Hofstra is finished extending offers yet? I called the office and they said that interview offers were already finished being extended. I am wondering if she made an error bc I havent heard yet from anyone who received an offer

Most likely scenario seems to be not that she made an error, but that the people who received interview offers don't post here. Sorry :/

1 hour ago, Psyc Student said:

There are a couple of posts on the results page

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Hofstra+clinical+psychology&t=a&o=&pp=25

Someone on the results page apparently contacted Vanderbilt and they said they've sent out all their interview requests...if that person is on this forum can you confirm plz and maybe add some detail?

For the person who was curious about the Pitt interview invite, or anxious about not hearing from them via email  - I did not receive a formal invitation after talking to POI, but was called by the admissions coordinator who shared details of the weekend with me and also asking about dietary restrictions etc etc. by the way it sounds like a super intense interview day haha. I assume they will follow up with a more detailed itinerary via email, but it is a ways away and I'm sure she will get in touch with you. It took something like a week to hear from her after talking to POI. 

Hope that helps!

On 1/28/2017 at 2:21 AM, MrTree said:

Perhaps you could write your POI directly. My POI told me that I was on the waitlist and DCT would let me know about the details soon. According to my knowledge that offers have been extended on Tuesday. Sorry :( I am a bit down as well. Good luck with other interviews.

Hi Mr. Tree,\

If you feel comfortable, do you mind PM-ing me the mentor you applied to work with at Kent State and Pitt? If not I understand :)

Thanks!

20 hours ago, UngSully said:

I'm from Georgia, specifically the Atlanta area, so I've always heard about Mercer growing up. They're a private school with a good reputation - especially for medical school. I believe their Clinical Science program is newer than their medical school, and I even saw that they were hiring faculty for the program, but they are accredited so that's good.

I thought their PhD program wasn't accredited by the APA though?

On 1/23/2017 at 11:34 AM, megsoul said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Colorado Denver's Clinical Health Psychology PhD program?

Their website says interview dates are February 2 & 3 and 16 & 17, but I haven't seen any interview posts so far...seems like they might have contacted people for interviews next week by now. :unsure:

Have not heard a thing. :-(

2 minutes ago, whatsaname said:

Do schools have to let you know how high/low you are on the alternate list? A school I interviewed at seemed to have sent offers a week ago. I'm wondering if I should expect to hear where I stand or if some schools don't do that?

It varies by the school, but Temple specifically tells you at interviews that they tell you exactly where you stand and as soon as possible so you know whether to hold out when you get other offers/there's little hope. I would contact the DCT to find out.

2 hours ago, applyingtopsychgrad123 said:

Has anyone heard from UMD-College park? 

Yes. They are having the interviews this weekend (Feb 4) so I guess all interview invitations must have already been extended. Best if luck! 

Edited by ClincPsyc

For UCLA, McGill, Harvard, and University of Florida, does anyone know if all interview invites have been extended? I have emailed the admissions department and the PIs I was interested in working with at all of these schools, and haven't heard anything back. 

54 minutes ago, psychout129 said:

any word on Rutgers clinical PsyD?

I just received an email for the School PsyD program from the GSAAP admin so I can imagine that both the clinical and school invites are coming out this week. Hope that helps!

55 minutes ago, psychnerd77 said:

For UCLA, McGill, Harvard, and University of Florida, does anyone know if all interview invites have been extended? I have emailed the admissions department and the PIs I was interested in working with at all of these schools, and haven't heard anything back. 

U Florida is probably all out because the interview in a few weeks  

Edited by Clinapp2017

9 minutes ago, applyingtopsychgrad123 said:

That is for College Park, not Baltimore? I have only seen postings about UMD-Baltimore

Yes, this is for UMD, College Park. I got the invitation email from the program coordinator on Jan 3. Surprisingly, very few people have posted on the result page about it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.57.21 AM.png

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions that I can help with. 

1 hour ago, psychnerd77 said:

I'm pretty sure UCLA has sent out all their interview invites. They say on their website that applicants invited for the interview will be notified at least 2 weeks in advance. Their interviews are on Feb 9-10, so likely they've extended all invitations. Sorry :/