Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

8 hours ago, ClinicalPSY said:

You might considering writing to either the department or the grad school co coordinator about this. Your status online will change long after the actual decision has been made. But if you write to them you'll know if you are on the interview list or not. If you havent received an interview call and they have sent out all interview invites then its obviously bad news. 

Would you recommend emailing or calling?

11 minutes ago, neuropsychologeek said:

Would you recommend emailing or calling?

I called schools for this because I didn't want them to know my name...which might sound weird but often you can just call and ask if interviews have been extended to everyone this year. If they say no then you can ask if there is a shortlist or a way to check the status of your application, etc. At one school they offered to check for me, which was super nice.

3 minutes ago, Slothanos15 said:

To the poster who got accepted at Temple-- congratulations!! Would you and anyone else who was accepted please PM me your POI's initials? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Me too please!!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, psychapp2016 said:

Anyone have any information on UPenn or University of Illinois Chicago? I have seen a few interview invites but not enough to really warrant assuming rejection...

I spoke to a person from the dept. of psychology at UIC and was told all interview invites have been extended. They might call more for second round interviews but the chances are slim.

19 hours ago, wez said:

I just got a phone call from a current graduate student who notified me of the interview invitation, right after I found an email from the program director that had been sitting in my spam folder for a while. 

So to those who are still waiting on UCLA, check your spam. And don't lose hope yet! 

Also received my UCLA invite in a Spam folder -- make sure to check!

2 hours ago, bdeck said:

So have all the interview for BU been dished out?

I would guess so.  If you don't hear anything by end of Friday I think it's a safe assumption that no news is bad news.  I wish more schools would send mass rejections at the time of interview invites.  

2 minutes ago, GradSchool12345 said:

Were you invited to interview? Do we know if this is the only date?

One of my best friends is there now to interview. I do not know if this is the only interview but it is at least the first round and second rounds are typically rare at any school. You could also always call them to see if all interviews have been extended.

2 minutes ago, PNIplz said:

One of my best friends is there now to interview. I do not know if this is the only interview but it is at least the first round and second rounds are typically rare at any school. You could also always call them to see if all interviews have been extended.

I see you also applied to University of Miami...any news from them yet?

I see you also applied to University of Miami...any news from them yet?

According to someone on here a few weeks ago, they called and all interviews had been extended. I guess there was some weirdness with funding this year and they couldn't invite a lot of people? I called and the woman who answered was extremely rude so I didn't really get an answer.

Still have yet to hear anything back from Kent State University, Ohio State University, and University of Miami. Anyone have any info on these schools? Thanks!!

Ohio State had their interviews last week

Hmm okay. My app status still says pending, but I assume it just hasn't been updated recently

It is very likely that those aren't updated until March or April and typically programs will just give no feedback at all :/

Hello! Has anyone heard from the University of Rhode Island yet? If so, would you be kind enough to PM me the initials of your POI? Also, congratulations to those of you that have received interview invitations to UMass Boston! Would you be kind enough to PM me the initials of your POI? Thank you so much! Good luck to everyone! :]

1 hour ago, GradSchool12345 said:

Were you invited to interview? Do we know if this is the only date?

I spoke with Kent State today. There is an additional interview on Feb 18, which all invitations have not yet been sent out.