Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

18 hours ago, stereopticons said:

Yep, as @LovePsychx3 said, Auburn's have been extended and the interviews are on the 11th. Sorry :/

I emailed the graduate coordinator today and he informed me that NOT all interview invites for the clinical PhD program interview day have gone out. However, they seem to be cutting it close and I'm starting to lose hope...

53 minutes ago, ClinicalPsychology said:

Fordham interviews were sent out by the department today.  Dates are 2/6, 2/7, 2/8.  BU invites will be going on Wednesday, according to another poster.

I'm guessing that if you're not a lucky recipient then you're out of the game then? Or could there be a second (highly unlikely) wave?

3 hours ago, Elunei said:

Emailed UCLA to ask whether all invites had gone out - got this reply: 

"All applications are currently under review by our Admissions Committee.  Interview invitations will be emailed to applicants the week of January 23."

So there's still hope!!

This post is making all the difference in the world right now. I thought they might be done... Go-go gadget "Pipedream!"

50 minutes ago, NeisserThanILook said:

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know if USC has extended admissions offers yet? The interview day was January 13th (10 days ago), so it seems like offers should be coming soon if they haven't already...

When I talked to my POI on interview day, they said it could take several weeks (if not more) to extend acceptances because they send the full offer package (letter and stipend details) when they notify people. They also told me you'd be notified if you are a top choice or rejected, but said they think that if you are in the wait-list they may not contact you at all. I'm not worrying about it for a while because I have other interviews/classes to focus on for now. 

Best of luck to you! :)

1 hour ago, Clinapp2017 said:

When I talked to my POI on interview day, they said it could take several weeks (if not more) to extend acceptances because they send the full offer package (letter and stipend details) when they notify people. They also told me you'd be notified if you are a top choice or rejected, but said they think that if you are in the wait-list they may not contact you at all. I'm not worrying about it for a while because I have other interviews/classes to focus on for now. 

Thanks! That's actually really helpful. And you're right, probably best not to worry about it since it's out of our control now. Best of luck to you as well! :)

4 hours ago, 802BernieBro said:

Does anyone know if having not heard about an interview from these PhD programs yet is a likely NO? 

Boston Univ. - interviews going out Weds. apparently? 

Stanford PhD (not PsyD Consortium) ...

UVM - heard from director of admissions and highly unlikely as all interviews are out 

Boston College ... 

U of Wash (not Child Clinical PhD)... 

U Wisconsin Madison... 

UNC  - No, heard from director of admission 

Harvard - E-mailed POI who indicated interviews go out on faculty basis and that some but not all have gone out 

I haven't heard from U of Washington either, but I haven't seen anything on the board so I'm assuming since they get an insane amount of applications that it's just taking a little longer. Good luck!!

I just got back from my first interview and it was SO much less scary than I anticipated. No one asked me any of the questions that I had prepped for. They pretty much said "if you are here, we already know everything we need to know about you-we just want to see if it feels like a good fit" 

so if you are anxiously preparing for your interviews, take a breath and relax :) 

3 minutes ago, benji1008 said:

I just got back from my first interview and it was SO much less scary than I anticipated. No one asked me any of the questions that I had prepped for. They pretty much said "if you are here, we already know everything we need to know about you-we just want to see if it feels like a good fit" 

so if you are anxiously preparing for your interviews, take a breath and relax :) 

Ahhhhh thank you so much!!! I've read so many questions people have been asked--terrifying ones--and have compiled a list and am freaking out about it all... I'm gonna try to chill out a little more, now. :)

32 minutes ago, benji1008 said:

I second this! All of my interviews were pretty much just conversations about research interests and questions I had about the program, and it actually ended up being a really enjoyable experience in the end!

3 hours ago, schizometric said:

School Name: University of South Alabama
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/23/17
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical-Counseling Psychology
Notified via: Phone
Interview Date: March 3rd

Any chance you're comfortable PMing me POI? I'm really interested in this program! Congrats :)

10 hours ago, Elunei said:

Emailed UCLA to ask whether all invites had gone out - got this reply: 

"All applications are currently under review by our Admissions Committee.  Interview invitations will be emailed to applicants the week of January 23."

So there's still hope!!

Thanks for sharing Elunei! :)

5 hours ago, Clinapp2017 said:

Wow, I guess I may have been wait-listed at my #1! Doesn't guarantee me an invite obviously, but somehow it soothes my soul a lil bit haha. Thanks so much for sharing Clinapp2017!

I haven't heard/seen anything from WashU. And yeah UNC - CH (if that's the one you're talking about) has completed their shortlist and sent out interview invitations. Best of luck on the rest!

6 hours ago, schizometric said:

School Name: University of South Alabama
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/23/17
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical-Counseling Psychology
Notified via: Phone
Interview Date: March 3rd

Congrats on the Invite to South Alabama and best of luck with the interview process.

If anyone's waiting on a Fordham invite I called the office and they confirmed that all first wave invites went out yesterday and only if someone declines will you receive an invite going forward. C'est la vie... 

19 minutes ago, clinical sike said:

I haven't seen anything on here yet... but has anyone heard from University of Arizona? There also wasn't any info about it on that clinicalpsychgradschool.org calendar 

On the results page someone said that they called the office and they confirmed that all interview notifications had been sent out as of January 17th and there was a low chance that a second wave would go out