Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

55 minutes ago, psychapp2016 said:

Did the two Temple posters from today get emails much earlier and just now post? I thought Temple's last day of interviews was this past Monday...wondering if they are doing a second round for some reason?

Yeah... I'm very confused by this.

16 minutes ago, applicant17 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Utah, University of Wyoming, University of North Carolina-Greensboro, or University of Washington?

Utah's POIs have been contacting and interviewing people. The interview date is 2/10 and 2/8 is the alternate date. 

1 hour ago, applicant17 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Utah, University of Wyoming, University of North Carolina-Greensboro, or University of Washington?

I heard from Utah about a week ago. Interview date is Feb 10

Thank you all for the updates! Also curious- I applied to work with two POIs at a program I was invited to interview with, but the DCT extended the invite so I'm really unsure if I'll be interviewing with both POIs or only one. Right now I'm prepping for both, but does anyone have recommendations on whether it would be appropriate to ask someone for clarification? 

25 minutes ago, applicant17 said:

Thank you all for the updates! Also curious- I applied to work with two POIs at a program I was invited to interview with, but the DCT extended the invite so I'm really unsure if I'll be interviewing with both POIs or only one. Right now I'm prepping for both, but does anyone have recommendations on whether it would be appropriate to ask someone for clarification? 

You're likely interviewing with both and will be interviewing with other faculty as well. That's how these interviews typically work in my experience. 

3 hours ago, LovePsychx3 said:

Anxiously waiting on UT Southwestern! Anyone else?

Not super anxious personally (low on the totum pole because of the poor funding), but I'm in that boat with you. I'm fortunate, though, to have several other interviews lined up so I'm just sitting on my hands with UTSW right now. 

11 hours ago, MrTree said:

Emailed Boston University yesterday.  " We will begin extending interview invitations late tomo thru Friday. Interviews are scheduled for Friday, February 10th. "

So this means that if we do not receive an email by Friday, we are off their list? Furthermore, for those who have received invites from Duke and DePaul - did you get a rough feel for when they would finish sending invites? Scheduling flights is pretty hectic :/

1 hour ago, psychpride9 said:

So this means that if we do not receive an email by Friday, we are off their list? Furthermore, for those who have received invites from Duke and DePaul - did you get a rough feel for when they would finish sending invites? Scheduling flights is pretty hectic :/

I got an invite from DePaul; that is consistent with the CUDCP calendar. My POI is from the Community track, and others received calls for the Child Track, so I have a feeling that they met relatively recently as a department and decided to reach out today? Since it is being done via phone call, it is possible that it will take a couple of days if you haven't heard yet.

3 hours ago, BendingRodriguez said:

Just checking on these schools, since I'm not sure if they've begun sending out invites...

UCLA
Harvard
Northwestern (Psychology Dept., not the Feinberg School of Medicine)
UVA

Anyone heard from any of these? If not, any expectations for when these might be sent?

Waiting on Harvard as well and haven't heard anything :(

To the person who got rejected from Drexel by email...was this by a POI you emailed first? departmental? I still haven't heard anything. You can PM me if you don't want to share here!

I saw on the results page that there was a mixup with CUNY city college phd programs invitations so that some candidates didn't receive an email. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it appropriate to email them to find out?

14 hours ago, MrTree said:

Emailed Boston University yesterday.  " We will begin extending interview invitations late tomo thru Friday. Interviews are scheduled for Friday, February 10th. "

The response I posted was copied and pasted from my email conversation with the graduate program coordinator. However, I could not guarantee that Fri. is the absolute deadline of sending out invitations because people might change their minds. Don't want to misguide you. The knowledge I gained from this information would be not to rush into buying tickets for interviews if you are still waiting for BU. Best of luck to every one!

1 hour ago, PNIplz said:

To the person who got rejected from Drexel by email...was this by a POI you emailed first? departmental? I still haven't heard anything. You can PM me if you don't want to share here!

Also interested in knowing! I too haven't heard anything.