Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

6 hours ago, Slothanos15 said:

So...for those of us who applied to Drexel and still haven't heard about interviews, are we basically accepting that it's bad news ahead? 

Seems likely all the interviews have gone out ?

Yea I have accepted that I'm not gonna hear from them ?

1 hour ago, JB6 said:

Has Anyone heard from:

John Jay, UCONN, Fordham, Drexel, UPenn, Long Island University, or Farleigh Dickinson?

I've heard back from John Jay but not Drexel (I think they're done now) or Fordham (I haven't seen anyone post about them)

1 hour ago, JB6 said:

Has Anyone heard from:

John Jay, UCONN, Fordham, Drexel, UPenn, Long Island University, or Farleigh Dickinson?

Drexel is done sending out invites. I also applied to UCONN, but have only seen three posts on the results board, so I haven't given up on it yet.

For the person who got interviews to American and Emory, congrats! Can you please send me the initials for your POI? Was the email sent by DCT or by your POI? Thanks!

6 hours ago, justbreathe said:

Drexel is done sending out invites. I also applied to UCONN, but have only seen three posts on the results board, so I haven't given up on it yet.

From what I've seen of past results UConn extends all invites by end of 2nd week of January :( But short of emailing the program there's no way to be 100% sure

28 minutes ago, 8BitJourney said:

From what I've seen of past results UConn extends all invites by end of 2nd week of January :( But short of emailing the program there's no way to be 100% sure

I just checked, and last year someone was offered an interview on the 18th, and the year before, on the 16th. And they have a waitlist for interviews... So I'm still not giving up on it yet, haha

Anyone heard from American University, Southern Alabama University (Combined program), University of Texas at Austin, LSU, USF, UCF, or FSU? 

I got an interview invite from Ole Miss so far. I am beyond grateful and excited for the interview but am getting nervous about the others. I would love to stay in Florida if I could! The waiting game if horrible!!

7 minutes ago, Alexandra Gilbert said:

Anyone heard from American University, Southern Alabama University (Combined program), University of Texas at Austin, LSU, USF, UCF, or FSU? 

I got an interview invite from Ole Miss so far. I am beyond grateful and excited for the interview but am getting nervous about the others. I would love to stay in Florida if I could! The waiting game if horrible!!

University of South Alabama Clinical-Counseling has not begun extending invites yet. Historically they begin towards the end of this month. I have seen invites for UT Austin Clinical and UT Austin Counseling, I believe. I'm not absolutely sure, though.

4 minutes ago, tryingnottofreakout said:

While I'm here...what about University at Buffalo-School Psych. 

Are you aware that you can search results at this site? http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php

18 minutes ago, schizometric said:

University of South Alabama Clinical-Counseling has not begun extending invites yet. Historically they begin towards the end of this month. I have seen invites for UT Austin Clinical and UT Austin Counseling, I believe. I'm not absolutely sure, though.

I'm not sure UT Clinical has really been sending yet. They're typically later in the month, and the most recent one reported their result as Clinical and Counseling but the POI initials were - I believe - from the counseling faculty. 

I'm giving them another week or so before I write that one off as a rejection 

A POI wanted to have a skype interview with me. He asked me to wait until he sort out a time. Does that mean he might suddenly call me and ask for a skype interview? I am really living in a bit of tension these days! &, should I contact him if I did not hear from him in, say, one week?

Would anyone who has received an interview invitation at University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) in the psychology and law concentration mind sharing who your POI is? I know there are only 2 faculty members accepting students in that concentration this year, so I am curious to know if they both already extended interview invitations. Thank you so much!

Edited by grad_17

11 hours ago, PNIplz said:

For the person who got interviews to American and Emory, congrats! Can you please send me the initials for your POI? Was the email sent by DCT or by your POI? Thanks!

I am also wondering about American, if you could let me know if the email was sent by DCT or your POI, that would be great!

On 1/14/2017 at 5:35 PM, stereopticons said:

@BrianPsych I'm waiting on Rutgers, too. If I hear anything, I'll let you know!

I am also dying to hear from Rutgers. I am anticipating an interview date conflict so I emailed the DCT a week ago to inquiry about what the potential interview date(s) might be. At that point on time, they still hadn't settled on one! :l

Hey all,

Recently the web site ClinicalPsychGradSchool.org contacted all of the APA accredited psychology PhD and PsyD programs and put together a calendar including some useful interview deadlines and dates. The calendar includes application deadlines, dates that programs sent out interview invitations, and the interview/open house dates for each program. Here is a link to the web site and calendar.

http://clinicalpsychgradschool.org/accre.php

I hope this is useful to folks!!!

3 minutes ago, DorklySprokly said:

Hey all,

Recently the web site ClinicalPsychGradSchool.org contacted all of the APA accredited psychology PhD and PsyD programs and put together a calendar including some useful interview deadlines and dates. The calendar includes application deadlines, dates that programs sent out interview invitations, and the interview/open house dates for each program. Here is a link to the web site and calendar.

http://clinicalpsychgradschool.org/accre.php

I hope this is useful to folks!!!

I checked this list and it was missing one of my schools and had another one that was incorrect...though I'm sure it may be correct for other schools...may just be that my schools didn't answer or something...

On 1/15/2017 at 3:17 PM, JB6 said:

Has Anyone heard from:

I heard back from Drexel & will be interviewing on the 20th. Also applied to UConn & Fairleigh Dickinson. I haven't heard back from UConn, but I received an email a while back from a program coordinator at Fairleigh Dickinson and her email signature said that interviews will take place 2/12 & 2/17 and that we'd be notified a week to a week and a half before then.