Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

11 minutes ago, hopefulpsych2017 said:

If the posters with interviews to UCSD/SDSU and WUSTL could PM me your POIs, that would be great appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Ditto for WUSTL. I applied to the UCSD/SDSU neuropsych track which I am assuming is still meeting.

22 hours ago, psychlife4me said:

Anyone else apply to KU (Kansas) Clinical Child track?? Got an email last week they were reviewing applications and just wanted to check in to see if anyone has been contacted yet. Thanks!

I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has be contacted about an interview at KU for the Clinical Child track! Please and thank you!

Hi All, does anyone have suggestions for how to handle conflicting interviews? Two of my top choices have scheduled me for the same day (one said the PI I want to work with is only available for this specific date out of the two school-wide dates, the other only offered one date).Tough choices ahead!!

2 hours ago, JacobW83 said:

I don't think I'd do this. You can use the results search on this site to see if any have been sent; if there aren't any results here then it's likely they haven't been sent yet and it could come across as impatient/pressuring if you emailed faculty when you already know they haven't sent yet. If the program has been sending them out (according to the results here) and you want to know if there are more still to come, I'd email someone at the graduate admissions office first; I think the POIs would probably just be put-off by those inquiries

I agree. The two interviews I got were at least a month in advance, I'm assuming that most of them are about the same.  

19 minutes ago, Psyched56 said:

Hi All, does anyone have suggestions for how to handle conflicting interviews? Two of my top choices have scheduled me for the same day (one said the PI I want to work with is only available for this specific date out of the two school-wide dates, the other only offered one date).Tough choices ahead!!

I suggest asking for a Skype interview or phone interview for either of the schools. I would attend the interview of the school that is your top choice. If one school is willing to offer a phone or Skype interview, then I would accept that offer and attend the other school. 

Hi all! I'm an international (non-Canadian) applicant. I have several on-campus interviews scheduled around the east coast, and this will be my first time travelling to the US. Was wondering if anyone has any domestic travel tips (e.g., which domestic airlines should I use/avoid?)? I just want to make it to my interviews on time and safely, haha. Many thanks in advance! 

3 hours ago, hopefulpsych2017 said:

If the posters with interviews to UCSD/SDSU and WUSTL could PM me your POIs, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

same here. could the posters PM me know your POIs? That will be really helpful. Thank you so much!

3 minutes ago, BrianPsych said:

Has anyone heard anything from:

U Washington (Seattle)

UCLA

SDSU/UCSD Joint Degree Program

Boston University

UVA

Duke

U Miami

?

It's been radio silence so far for me! Thanks 

Boston university won't send out invitations until the end of the month... at least that's what users have posted from previous application cycles 

5 hours ago, aek8616 said:

Does anybody know if WUSTL is finished with extending invites for an interview?

From my understanding, the person-in-charge said they would send all invites by the end of this week. I'm not sure if all of the invitations have been sent out at current time though, I saw someone who posted they received an invitation.

3 minutes ago, neur0cat said:

From my understanding, the person-in-charge said they would send all invites by the end of this week. I'm not sure if all of the invitations have been sent out at current time though, I saw someone who posted they received an invitation.

Seems that is the same story with Drexel...I'll take that as there is still hope! ...maybe... regardless, thank you for replying! :) 

9 minutes ago, neur0cat said:

Thank you for the reply and information! I'll hold out with hope for a few more days!

2 hours ago, BrianPsych said:

Has anyone heard anything from:

U Washington (Seattle)

UCLA

SDSU/UCSD Joint Degree Program

Boston University

UVA

Duke

U Miami

?

It's been radio silence so far for me! Thanks 

Silence for me too from U Miami. Student Center says my app is incomplete which isn't true and I called to verify and the lady I spoke to said that's fine but I'm not too sure. Wondering if I should call again. 

44 minutes ago, PsychGrad17 said:

Silence for me too from U Miami. Student Center says my app is incomplete which isn't true and I called to verify and the lady I spoke to said that's fine but I'm not too sure. Wondering if I should call again. 

My student center says complete...maybe I'd call again? Because by December 10th it hadn't but it has since switched.

Hey all! I just got an invite to interview at GWU. It was sent from a professor who is currently accepting students but is not one of the two I specified in my statement.

I see that others who received invites from GW were emailed by their POIs. I looked in more detail at the profile for the professor who emailed me and their interests do match my experience and interests to some extent; I am unsure how to interpret this. Does this sometimes happen that a third professor invites on behalf of two professors when two have been indicated? Is she emailing just as a representative of GWU? This is (clearly) my first round in applying. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.