Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

On 1/9/2017 at 11:31 AM, psyched64 said:

Would the person mind messaging me their POI initials if they feel comfortable for Northern Illinois University as well please?! Thanks!

If you feel comfortable for Northern Illinois University and University of Houston, would you message me your POI initials? Thank you so much in advance!! 

I noticed two people posted about interviews to Kansas (KU) clinical child track, if you wouldn't mind PMing me about who emailed (POI, AA, etc) and any other details about the interview offer, I'd appreciate it. You don't have to tell me who your POI is of course if you are uncomfortable. Thanks!

Definitely would have preferred to hear good news on my birthday but I guess it's better than getting straight rejections :wacko:

15 minutes ago, psychlife4me said:

I noticed two people posted about interviews to Kansas (KU) clinical child track, if you wouldn't mind PMing me about who emailed (POI, AA, etc) and any other details about the interview offer, I'd appreciate it. You don't have to tell me who your POI is of course if you are uncomfortable. Thanks!

Definitely would have preferred to hear good news on my birthday but I guess it's better than getting straight rejections :wacko:

Happy birthday! Hope you get some good news soon!

I've seen one Harvard and UMB post and am wondering if there was a pre-interview process and approximately when invites will go out? Any info would be much appreciated!

I can trade info on UNC-Chapel Hill - There won't be a mass email but most POIs should be sending out invites by this week the latest and did pre-interviews late December. Good luck to all!

5 hours ago, BrianPsych said:

I've seen a lot of notices from UVA's Curry School, but none from the clinical department in Arts & Sciences. Is the Curry School program the one you're referring to, when you say the interviews went out yesterday?

Thank you for clarifying that. I mean the UVA clinical department.

Psa: if anyone is waiting on UCSD/SDSU invites for the neuropsych track, I received an email saying invites for this program and track will go out late next week. It's my understanding that the behavioral track people may have been invited this week (?) and posted unclearly here, causing a panic or something. (Glad I didn't call them and pester... haha).

Hello all! I have applied to quite a long list of schools. I am wondering if it is appropriate to call into a school/ department and ask them about when they might be sending interview offers or rejections. I am curious about University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in particular. Has anyone heard from this school?

Also, what should I be wearing to interviews? :blink:

9 minutes ago, JungAndNotAFreud said:

That moment when you're waiting to hear back about interviews and you get an e-mail notification containing the words "office of admissions", only to open it and see its spam from that stupid GRE school referral service. 

So many of those emails. SO many. Today I got one from a school I applied (which also happens to be my alma mater) but they were just announcing their new online MBA program. Don't toy with me like that!

7 minutes ago, JungAndNotAFreud said:

That moment when you're waiting to hear back about interviews and you get an e-mail notification containing the words "office of admissions", only to open it and see its spam from that stupid GRE school referral service. 

It reminds me of the day before Christmas. I received a couple of emails from the schools that I applied to and only to found out that all it had was "Merry Christmas". :)

&, did anyone have a good idea whether all the UIUC's interviews have been sent out already? Should I still hold hopes or put it in my already long rejection-list?

Will my first interview (temple on Jan. 16th) soon, excited and anxious! Cross fingers!

19 minutes ago, JungAndNotAFreud said:

I kinda had this happen. Saw an email saying "Interview Weekend 2017" and was excited to get another invite -- turns out it was just a follow-up from one of my previous invites with more info for the upcoming interview <_<

45 minutes ago, MrTree said:

It reminds me of the day before Christmas. I received a couple of emails from the schools that I applied to and only to found out that all it had was "Merry Christmas". :)

&, did anyone have a good idea whether all the UIUC's interviews have been sent out already? Should I still hold hopes or put it in my already long rejection-list?

Will my first interview (temple on Jan. 16th) soon, excited and anxious! Cross fingers!

I'll be at Temple's interview day too! Good luck :) (unless you want to work with my POI....LOL...j/k) 

It's a good problem to have, but I honestly can't handle the scheduling of all the interviews around my job. Almost all of them require travel to the US, and there's only so much I can do in a few week's period and only so much time I can take off. I'm so overwhelmed. :(

16 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

It's a good problem to have, but I honestly can't handle the scheduling of all the interviews around my job. Almost all of them require travel to the US, and there's only so much I can do in a few week's period and only so much time I can take off. I'm so overwhelmed. :(

I can certainly relate to this and feeling overwhelmed! Taking the time off from work repeatedly is stressful in itself but then having to do my job in less days a week adds to the feeling of being overwhelmed. At least it should all be over in 4-6 weeks?

1 hour ago, whatsaname said:

I can certainly relate to this and feeling overwhelmed! Taking the time off from work repeatedly is stressful in itself but then having to do my job in less days a week adds to the feeling of being overwhelmed. At least it should all be over in 4-6 weeks?

I'm looking forward to this being over, haha. I was recently made two job offers and telling them off the bat that I need days off is kind of awkward. Soon we will feel sweet relief :)

6 minutes ago, HopefullyDr said:

I'm looking forward to this being over, haha. I was recently made two job offers and telling them off the bat that I need days off is kind of awkward. Soon we will feel sweet relief :)

That's the struggle I'm facing. I'm starting this new job on January 30....my first interview is the 3rd. I'm already taking 3 days off in my first 2 weeks to interview for PhD programs (which they don't know about) and I very much can't afford to take anymore off because this job is my fallback option if I get rejected from everywhere. I won't have this problem if I stayed in my current job since my boss was one of my references. 

23 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

That's the struggle I'm facing. I'm starting this new job on January 30....my first interview is the 3rd. I'm already taking 3 days off in my first 2 weeks to interview for PhD programs (which they don't know about) and I very much can't afford to take anymore off because this job is my fallback option if I get rejected from everywhere. I won't have this problem if I stayed in my current job since my boss was one of my references. 

Hopefully the interviews go well and you can at least find out right away if you've been accepted. I wish you the best of luck in balancing work and school!