Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

On 1/16/2017 at 0:40 AM, MrTree said:

A POI wanted to have a skype interview with me. He asked me to wait until he sort out a time. Does that mean he might suddenly call me and ask for a skype interview? I am really living in a bit of tension these days! &, should I contact him if I did not hear from him in, say, one week?

Maybe you can email back and say something like, "Great, I'd love the opportunity to have a Skype interview with you. On a typical week, I am working and or in class during these ours, but other than that I am free. I look forward to hearing from you"

22 hours ago, Display_Name_ said:

I heard back from Drexel & will be interviewing on the 20th. Also applied to UConn & Fairleigh Dickinson. I haven't heard back from UConn, but I received an email a while back from a program coordinator at Fairleigh Dickinson and her email signature said that interviews will take place 2/12 & 2/17 and that we'd be notified a week to a week and a half before then.

When did you hear back from Drexel?

3 hours ago, MrTree said:

Emailed Boston University yesterday.  " We will begin extending interview invitations late tomo thru Friday. Interviews are scheduled for Friday, February 10th. "

So many places have interviews that day! It's crazy. I hope none of the ones I'm waiting on have interviews that day too. 

2 minutes ago, PsychGrad17 said:

U of Miami has already sent out their invites according to my POI. They're expecting a small incoming class this year is what she said so very few invites were sent.

Are you at U of Miami? Ugh was one of my top schools :(

4 minutes ago, PsychGrad17 said:

No I'm not there. I emailed her just yesterday to check, she was friendly but unfortunately it seems like I didn't get an invite. 

Ahh, thanks. I'll probably still hold out a few days...maybe email my POI to confirm. Thanks anyways for sharing the news!

As an FYI to others who are waiting for UMB's clinical psych PhD interviews, I received an email today (seemed like a mass email, but I'm unsure) explaining that their admissions committee meets later than other programs. The email said the interview days are 2/13 and 2/17 and they would contact us via phone or email at least 2 weeks prior if we are selected to interview. Best of luck to everyone

On 1/17/2017 at 10:46 AM, Display_Name_ said:

I heard back from Drexel & will be interviewing on the 20th. Also applied to UConn & Fairleigh Dickinson. I haven't heard back from UConn, but I received an email a while back from a program coordinator at Fairleigh Dickinson and her email signature said that interviews will take place 2/12 & 2/17 and that we'd be notified a week to a week and a half before then.

Interesting, I didn't receive that email. Thank you so much !

46 minutes ago, psych0627 said:

As an FYI to others who are waiting for UMB's clinical psych PhD interviews, I received an email today (seemed like a mass email, but I'm unsure) explaining that their admissions committee meets later than other programs. The email said the interview days are 2/13 and 2/17 and they would contact us via phone or email at least 2 weeks prior if we are selected to interview. Best of luck to everyone

It was a mass email. I got it too

1 hour ago, PsychGrad17 said:

U of Miami has already sent out their invites according to my POI. They're expecting a small incoming class this year is what she said so very few invites were sent.

@PsychGrad17 was it u of Miami in florida?