Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

2 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

Well, this makes me feel better!

Me as well! I called most of my schools and it seems that other than what I have presumed are definite rejections, people haven't really sent out their mass email yet. Rather, a few lucky people are getting emails directly from their POI and it's still not everyone that POI is asking. Interesting politics there, but I'll take it.

Called Pittsburgh and they offered to check to see if my name was on the list to be contacted by POIs. Unfortunately I wasn't but if anyone was dying to hear from them, don't hesitate to call!

Would the posters who got an interview invitation from Teachers College, Columbia mind sending me their POI? (in private, if you prefer)

The department secretary has informed me that not all invites have gone out, so I haven't given up hope just yet. I'd be very grateful to know from those who have already received their invitations who their POI is. Thank you!! 

3 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

I'm sorry! That seems harsh. They wouldn't do a Skype interview or offer another date?

Nope. The interview was on a Monday as well. I feel like schools are unnecessarily harsh to people who work full time while applying.

10 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

Drexel just revoked my invitation because I wasn't able to travel down for the interview :( 

WOW that seems REALLY harsh...maybe it wasn't somewhere you would've wanted to be anyways...doesn't seem like a very flexible environment? Luckily it seems you have lots of other interviews! Good luck at those!

Emailed UCLA to ask whether all invites had gone out - got this reply: 

"All applications are currently under review by our Admissions Committee.  Interview invitations will be emailed to applicants the week of January 23."

So there's still hope!!

59 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

Drexel just revoked my invitation because I wasn't able to travel down for the interview :( 

Wow I'm so sorry, that's harsh! I know schools prefer in person interviews but they should at least be understanding if that's not possible. 

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Colorado Denver's Clinical Health Psychology PhD program?

Their website says interview dates are February 2 & 3 and 16 & 17, but I haven't seen any interview posts so far...seems like they might have contacted people for interviews next week by now. :unsure:

Could the people who have heard from the following possibly PM me their POI? 

• Michigan State University
  • University of Connecticut
  • Marquette University
  • Virginia Tech

Thank you so much! The suspense is killing me--I just want to know if I should hold on to any hope at this point!

9 minutes ago, byn said:

So, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs... Waitlisted? What does that even mean? And how common is it for someone to be interviewed or accepted off a waitlist? Who would even turn down an offer from that program? The odds of that happening seem very unlikely :wacko:

People turn down offers all the time. Maybe the fit with a different university was better, maybe funding, maybe they want to live in a major city, maybe they want to follow in Gordon Freeman's footsteps at MIT, etc.

Edited by .letmeinplz//

37 minutes ago, megsoul said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Colorado Denver's Clinical Health Psychology PhD program?

Their website says interview dates are February 2 & 3 and 16 & 17, but I haven't seen any interview posts so far...seems like they might have contacted people for interviews next week by now. :unsure:

I received an invite from POI on 1/18. Not comfortable sharing PI initials.

Edited by ClinicalPsychology

4 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

Recent Rutgers poster, would be so kind as to ease my anxiety my DMing me your POI? It seems like they are trickling in and I still haven't heard anything. 

It would also be great to know when the interview weekend is!

On 1/19/2017 at 10:38 AM, AKR said:

I am likewise still waiting on U texas-Austin. However i got an update saying my file has been forwarded to the graduate committee so hopefully that is a good sign. 

Can I ask when you received this update? I never got an email about that, but when I checked my status on their website just now it said the same thing...

1 hour ago, seachief said:

Could the people who have heard from the following possibly PM me their POI? 

• Michigan State University
  • University of Connecticut
  • Marquette University
  • Virginia Tech

Thank you so much! The suspense is killing me--I just want to know if I should hold on to any hope at this point!

Me too about UCONN, please! 

Does anyone know if having not heard about an interview from these PhD programs yet is a likely NO? 

Boston Univ. - interviews going out Weds. apparently? 

Stanford PhD (not PsyD Consortium) ...

UVM - heard from director of admissions and highly unlikely as all interviews are out 

Boston College ... 

U of Wash (not Child Clinical PhD)... 

U Wisconsin Madison... 

UNC  - No, heard from director of admission 

Harvard - E-mailed POI who indicated interviews go out on faculty basis and that some but not all have gone out 

UVA (arts & sciences) 

not looking good but reason for hope? A lot of highly highly competitive, (mostly) east coast programs. I may have burned myself (no pun intended). 164/156/4.5 V/Q/W; 3 years of research with two regionally and nationally known PIs; GPA 3.2 but from a top 5 US ranked liberal arts school