Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

On 12/23/2016 at 11:40 AM, HopefullyDr said:

Not at all! I'm interested in multicultural psychology, specifically interracial friendships. I am also interested in marital satisfaction. And yourself? I wish you the best of luck!

I apologize for the extremely late reply. My research interests include: childhood trauma, childhood anxiety, and CCBT. Wishing you luck as well!

27 minutes ago, NeisserThanILook said:

Has anyone heard from SDSU/UCSD neuropsych track yet? They said they'd send interview invitations sometime late this week

Nope, in the past it seems that invites are spread out over the course of several days because each PI calls invitees individually.  They will send out a mass rejection email around the same time as invites go out, so at least there are no questions regarding your status.   

4 minutes ago, acceptme said:

Nope, in the past it seems that invites are spread out over the course of several days because each PI calls invitees individually.  They will send out a mass rejection email around the same time as invites go out, so at least there are no questions regarding your status.   

Thanks!

Has anyone heard from CUNY- John Jay? I have been stalking the results page and so far nobody has posted anything from this year, but based on previous years it seems like the interview invites would have gone out by now...

To the Georgia Southern PsyD posters, I just have a couple questions; 

1.  I just wanted to know if it was a mass email or from your POI? (Since applications were just due less than a week ago I was not expecting to see interviews invites being sent out for a while!)

2. I just received an email Friday saying my application has moved to pending status because now it is being reviewed by the director, did any of you experience that as well before receiving the interview invite? Feel free to send me a PM! Also Congratulations!!! 

26 minutes ago, NeisserThanILook said:

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for programs to come back with a decision after interviews? And will they only notify the people to whom they're offering admission, or will they tell everyone at the same time if they've been accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

It varies by schools, some take days others take weeks. Some schools notify everyone post interview what their status is and others will only notify accepted applicants.

On 1/18/2017 at 0:14 PM, psych0627 said:

As an FYI to others who are waiting for UMB's clinical psych PhD interviews, I received an email today (seemed like a mass email, but I'm unsure) explaining that their admissions committee meets later than other programs. The email said the interview days are 2/13 and 2/17 and they would contact us via phone or email at least 2 weeks prior if we are selected to interview. Best of luck to everyone

By UMB do you mean University of Maryland Baltimore County or somewhere else? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, waiting_game said:

Hi! I have heard back from a few schools but am waiting on Emory and Auburn. Does anyone happen to know whether all interview invitations have been sent out for these schools? Thanks!

I heard that the interview day for Emory for February 10, so I would assume that all interview invitations have been extended. 

2 hours ago, waiting_game said:

Hi! I have heard back from a few schools but am waiting on Emory and Auburn. Does anyone happen to know whether all interview invitations have been sent out for these schools? Thanks!

Auburn's DCT sent out an interview invite a few weeks ago.

4 hours ago, waiting_game said:

Yep, as @LovePsychx3 said, Auburn's have been extended and the interviews are on the 11th. Sorry :/

Hi all! Does anyone have an update on Marquette or University of Illinois-Chicago? The only interview requests seem to be initial Skype/phone interviews from the POI, and those were quite a while back.

Edited by RemixToClinician

Can anyone confirm whether USF has extended all of their interview invites? When I sign in I still see a message that says a decision hasn't been made, but I'm assuming it will be a rejection since invites were sent out last week.

Edited by graybu