Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

4 hours ago, BendingRodriguez said:

Just checking on these schools, since I'm not sure if they've begun sending out invites...

UCLA
Harvard
Northwestern (Psychology Dept., not the Feinberg School of Medicine)
UVA

Anyone heard from any of these? If not, any expectations for when these might be sent?

No word from UVA, UCLA, or Harvard for me (and haven't seen any posts on these programs yet anywhere. Didn't apply to NW. Good luck to you!!

1 hour ago, Psy123 said:

I saw on the results page that there was a mixup with CUNY city college phd programs invitations so that some candidates didn't receive an email. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it appropriate to email them to find out?

Yes - I received a formal invite to interview on Feb 2nd, about a week ago, but I never would have seen it had I not randomly checked my Spam folder. Apparently many applicants did not get the message in their inboxes. 

19 hours ago, Deli said:

I applied for clinical psychology phd program (mcgill),Is there any one else?any news?I feel like dying?

Hey :) I don't think anyone has received an invite from McGill clinical PhD yet, but I would suggest you follow the Canadian Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology thread =) Best of luck!

1 hour ago, BrianPsych said:

Yes - I received a formal invite to interview on Feb 2nd, about a week ago, but I never would have seen it had I not randomly checked my Spam folder. Apparently many applicants did not get the message in their inboxes. 

Interesting. Checked my spam but no invite :( Do you know if it is safe to assume that I won't be getting in?

47 minutes ago, BrianPsych said:

I now believe the process of applying to clinical psychology doctoral programs is designed to ensure that you need at least 2-3 years of therapy to recover from applying to clinical psychology doctoral programs, thus keeping the profession alive in perpetuity. 

You said it.

15 minutes ago, Psy123 said:

Interesting. Checked my spam but no invite :( Do you know if it is safe to assume that I won't be getting in?

I'd never say never; I have heard stories of people getting interview invites later in the process, seemingly out of nowhere. But if there's nothing in your Spam box it's probably safe to figure that you weren't in the primary group of finalists, unfortunately. Best of luck though, in your other applications!

2 hours ago, BrianPsych said:

No word from UVA, UCLA, or Harvard for me (and haven't seen any posts on these programs yet anywhere. Didn't apply to NW. Good luck to you!!

7 hours ago, BendingRodriguez said:

Just checking on these schools, since I'm not sure if they've begun sending out invites...

UCLA
Harvard
Northwestern (Psychology Dept., not the Feinberg School of Medicine)
UVA

Anyone heard from any of these? If not, any expectations for when these might be sent?

From past TGC results, the timeline for Harvard is pretty vague. However I think they review apps and send invites a little later than other programs (so not till last week of January/through February). The only weird thing I saw was one post on the 10th from an international student saying their POI said they were rejected and didn't make the shortlist. Didn't know what that was about but I do believe some schools process international and domestic applicants differently but its Harvard so who knows...

May I ask the oppinion of the group? I'm concerned- someone reported receiving official invite to interview from a school and program to which I am very interested in. The POI I applied to has had a good bit of contact with me since late august, and also that individual's current grad student. Poi even read my SOP and essay questions for feedback before I submitted them. Now I'm freaking out that I don't have an invitation to interview? Should I reach out? I just can't believe a professor would invest so much time and then not invite me- they're too busy for that. Or was my SOP just that bad! ?

Edited by Psychapplica

Has anyone heard from the following Clinical programs?:

1. University of Denver
  2. UMSL
  3. University of Montana
  4. John Jay College of Criminal Justice 
  5. University System of Ohio – Miami University
  6. University System of Ohio – Ohio University 
  7. University of Texas System – Austin

21 hours ago, JB6 said:

Interesting, I didn't receive that email. Thank you so much !

Oh it wasn't a universal email, it was just to notify me that they still hadn't received some materials. That just happened to be her email signature.

Edited by Display_Name_

I am likewise still waiting on U texas-Austin. However i got an update saying my file has been forwarded to the graduate committee so hopefully that is a good sign. 

11 minutes ago, PhD_Wannabe01 said:

Has anyone heard from the following Clinical programs?:

1. University of Denver
  2. UMSL
  3. University of Montana
  4. John Jay College of Criminal Justice 
  5. University System of Ohio – Miami University
  6. University System of Ohio – Ohio University 
  7. University of Texas System – Austin

I am also waiting on Villanova University, University of Illinois, University of Indiana, Seton Hall, and Columbia. Has anyone received any info on these schools? 

13 minutes ago, Display_Name_ said:

Oh it wasn't a universal email, it was just to notify me that they still hadn't received some materials. That just happened to be her email signature.

Gotcha ! Thank you again.

3 minutes ago, Round2letsgo said:

When preparing for interviews, what other threads/forums have people found helpful? My first interview is in a week and I am feeling slightly unprepared!

Student Doctor Network has some great threads under Psychology PhD/PsyD

2 minutes ago, Round2letsgo said:

When preparing for interviews, what other threads/forums have people found helpful? My first interview is in a week and I am feeling slightly unprepared!

Mine is too, & I am feeling unprepared, as well!

13 hours ago, BrianPsych said:

Someone just posted in results an interview date sent by email from UVA (Curry School of Education - Applied Developmental Science track).

5 hours ago, Psychapplica said:

May I ask the oppinion of the group? I'm concerned- someone reported receiving official invite to interview from a school and program to which I am very interested in. The POI I applied to has had a good bit of contact with me since late august, and also that individual's current grad student. Poi even read my SOP and essay questions for feedback before I submitted them. Now I'm freaking out that I don't have an invitation to interview? Should I reach out? I just can't believe a professor would invest so much time and then not invite me- they're too busy for that. Or was my SOP just that bad! ?

If they've had back and forth correspondence with you, it may be that the POI doesn't feel they necessarily need to interview you, or they may feel like you might not be the right fit for them. I probably wouldn't email them to push into an interview, but it may be a good idea to send sort of a "inquiring as to whether your interview invites have all been extended". Can't hurt, at least.

2 hours ago, SabDelta said:

Someone just posted in results an interview date sent by email from UVA (Curry School of Education - Applied Developmental Science track).

Thanks -- UVA gets confusing because there are two clinical psychology degrees, one at Curry and one at Arts & Sciences. Curry I believe has sent out all invites; however the more academic PhD at Arts & Sciences has been silent so far, to my knowledge. Thanks for that clarification!