Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

On Friday, January 06, 2017 at 6:18 PM, justbreathe said:

What?! UConn interview invites have started coming out?! I haven't seen them on the results thread.

I haven't seen anything for UCONN either. It's my top choice. I know that their POIs weren't sent application material before Dec. 11 (not sure when they got it after that) so I'm trying to be hopeful that they're starting later. NC- Chapel Hill is going to tell everyone officially on Jan. 20th so I'm giving myself two more weeks for all schools to contact me before I accept that I won't be interviewed. I haven't seen any of my school's giving invites yet on threads so....yeah. Ignorance doesn't always feel blissful I guess.

3 minutes ago, That Research Lady said:

I haven't seen anything for UCONN either. It's my top choice. I know that their POIs weren't sent application material before Dec. 11 (not sure when they got it after that) so I'm trying to be hopeful that they're starting later. NC- Chapel Hill is going to tell everyone officially on Jan. 20th so I'm giving myself two more weeks for all schools to contact me before I accept that I won't be interviewed. I haven't seen any of my school's giving invites yet on threads so....yeah. Ignorance doesn't always feel blissful I guess.

There's one UCONN on the results board, posted today!

8 minutes ago, justbreathe said:

There's one UCONN on the results board, posted today!

*Sigh* yes, now I see it. Thanks for the heads up. I was able to meet my POI after applications so my postdoc said I could still get an acceptance without an interview. Not sure how plausible that is but I guess it's time for prayer.

For all the folks stalking Drexel---I heard from one of the people who posted their interview, that we should hear by the end of the week, which is in line with what happened last year for Drexel. It's the last school I'm waiting to hear from! 

2 minutes ago, JungAndNotAFreud said:

For all the folks stalking Drexel---I heard from one of the people who posted their interview, that we should hear by the end of the week, which is in line with what happened last year for Drexel. It's the last school I'm waiting to hear from! 

Dang, you've already heard from everywhere else? I'm jealous, looks like the programs I'm waiting for are going to take another 2 weeks probably

2 minutes ago, JacobW83 said:

Dang, you've already heard from everywhere else? I'm jealous, looks like the programs I'm waiting for are going to take another 2 weeks probably

I only applied to 3 schools, and they all had early December deadlines, so I lucked out in that way. 

1 hour ago, psychlife4me said:

Anyone else apply to KU (Kansas) Clinical Child track?? Got an email last week they were reviewing applications and just wanted to check in to see if anyone has been contacted yet. Thanks!

I applied to their clinical health progam and got a super annoying email  last week saying they are processing my app and I should fill out my fafsa hahaha. I'll take that as hopefully good news for now. 

Edited by Clinapp2017

36 minutes ago, Clinapp2017 said:

I applied to their clinical health progam and got a super annoying email  last week saying they are processing my app and I should fill out my fafsa hahaha. I'll take that as hopefully good news for now. 

I got the same one from their child psych program! I thought, definitely not filling that out until I get a hard yes for an interview but trying to stay positive

For the person on the Results page who heard from Emory...can you send me initials of your POI? also was it from your POI or the department? thank you in advance!

7 minutes ago, PNIplz said:

For the person on the Results page who heard from Emory...can you send me initials of your POI? also was it from your POI or the department? thank you in advance!

I'd like to know as well if you're willing to share the info!

44 minutes ago, psychapp2016 said:

I'm not sure, it appears all the calls (including mine) are from POIs. My POI (not comfortable sharing initials, sorry) then invited me to the in-person interviews, and said that an e-mail from the department will be coming out soon. I can post when that department e-mail comes out but appears that there is still time and hope!

Thank you!!!

29 minutes ago, Slothanos15 said:

Does anyone happen to know whether all of Kent State's invites have been extended? Seems like many people have already a phone interview and invitation to in-person interviews. Thanks!

I received an interview invitation from my POI... So there's a possibility that not all faculty have contacted applicants yet.

Is it considered gauche to email faculty and ask if invitations have been sent out? I would ask in order to budget and plan  transportation for interviews but if it would be taken in a way that might affect my chances I don't want to risk it 

6 minutes ago, lalaman said:

Is it considered gauche to email faculty and ask if invitations have been sent out? I would ask in order to budget and plan  transportation for interviews but if it would be taken in a way that might affect my chances I don't want to risk it 

I don't think I'd do this. You can use the results search on this site to see if any have been sent; if there aren't any results here then it's likely they haven't been sent yet and it could come across as impatient/pressuring if you emailed faculty when you already know they haven't sent yet. If the program has been sending them out (according to the results here) and you want to know if there are more still to come, I'd email someone at the graduate admissions office first; I think the POIs would probably just be put-off by those inquiries