Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

To those who have received an interview offer from Stony Brook, do you mind PMing me your POI's initial? I would be more than grateful. And congrats on your achievements!!

To the people who received invitations from UNC Charolette clinical track -  congratulations! 

Would you please share your POI with me in a PM? If you're not comfortable with that, could you please provide any insight on if all of the interviews were extended already? 

Thank you!

Edited by Pleaseletmelearn

32 minutes ago, Plasticity said:

Loving all the people creating accounts to ask for POI info. This is getting ridiculous. 

I agree. I find it very unlikely that people will actually send their POI info, it puts them in a very awkward position. Let the cards fall where they may, my friends. 

For anyone who applied to UMass-Boston, check your email (if you haven't already been compulsively checking it). Their system somehow lost a bunch of students' phone numbers, which is how they plan to contact students according to the email I received.

Does anyone actually share their POI info? I asked up thread, but shortly after realized I've never seen anyone actually share them. 

What are the issues with doing so? Are people worried that what they post here will some how get back to their POI? 

20 minutes ago, JungAndNotAFreud said:

Does anyone actually share their POI info? I asked up thread, but shortly after realized I've never seen anyone actually share them. 

What are the issues with doing so? Are people worried that what they post here will some how get back to their POI? 

People rarely share in the forum but I have gotten a few PMs. I would worry about the information getting back to the POI, not because I really have anything to hide, but I'd rather them not read my posts before I'm admitted. Same reason my social media profiles are private. 

20 minutes ago, JungAndNotAFreud said:

It's a small world and it absolutely will. It's just not exactly professional imo and once you know a little bit about someone you can easily play detective and see what other forums/stuff they are into. 

16 hours ago, RemixToClinician said:

I also haven't heard from UNL at all, so you're not alone. My application is also still categorized as "under review" on their website. I would just love to know either way!

I also have not heard from UNL. It is likely that we are not hard no's yet but are alternates for interviews. Best of luck with all your schools!

Also for those of you that have heard from UNL, I would love to hear who the POIs were. PM me please if you are comfortable sharing.

Edited by lumscjhu

To the person who recently posted about an interview at UNC Chapel Hill - congratulations!! I thought their interview date was 2/10 (according to their website and a PI I've been in contact with)? Are there actually two dates? Trying to figure out the logistics of potential conflicts. If you wouldn't mind PMing me, I'd really appreciate it!

So I just have not heard from a single school I have applied to. I have been looking on here and some people are saying some of my schools are done offering (like FSU), but do schools still not send out formal rejections? Like what is going on? I have no idea where I stand for any of the schools I applied for and it is incredibly frustrating! 

9 minutes ago, applyingtopsychgrad123 said:

So I just have not heard from a single school I have applied to. I have been looking on here and some people are saying some of my schools are done offering (like FSU), but do schools still not send out formal rejections? Like what is going on? I have no idea where I stand for any of the schools I applied for and it is incredibly frustrating! 

I think (and this may be inaccurate) a lot of schools hold off on sending out rejections until after offers are made. In theory, everyone interviewed could suck or decline the offer and they have to go on down the list. I would say this rarely happens but it is a possibility. One time I got a rejection in October. Like, thanks for the email but considering your semester already started, I kind of figured out I was rejected. 

3 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

I think (and this may be inaccurate) a lot of schools hold off on sending out rejections until after offers are made. In theory, everyone interviewed could suck or decline the offer and they have to go on down the list. I would say this rarely happens but it is a possibility. One time I got a rejection in October. Like, thanks for the email but considering your semester already started, I kind of figured out I was rejected. 

This has been my experience in past cycles. Some schools will often have one shortlist of maybe double the amount of spots, and perhaps a backup list in case they go through the first, but will drag on sending out rejections until all the spots are filled. Occasionally they'll send out multiple rounds of rejections, starting with those who don't meet the criteria. October is really ridiculous though. Someone really dropped the ball there considering the APA standard of April 15 for people to accept their offers.

To the person asking me on the results feed about LIU:  "To the LIU Brooklyn poster- congrats on the interview! Did you receive any confirmation that your application had been received/ completed in Dec. except for the automatic 'you have emailed LIU' email? Since the application was not a traditional online system one can check, I am wondering if others received any communication. Thanks"

I didn't really receive much by way of email, so I called back in December after sending all my application materials to double check that everything had been received.

21 minutes ago, seachief said:

I haven't heard anything from UMass-Boston, UConn, Virginia Tech, or Michigan State, but apparently people have received interview offers for these schools directly from POIs already--should I be worried?

Same! I saw the interviews but I haven't heard from Michigan State either, so I'm just assuming that I got rejected because I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Application cycle veterans--is it typical to receive a rejection letter if a school isn't interested in having you interview, or are official rejection letters only sent out after an interview with a school when a final decision is being made? 
Is no news good news if a school has already sent out multiple invites last month?