Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

20 minutes ago, nervous_nellie said:

Should I respond to a personal email that is saying I was not invited for an interview? Had a skype interview with POI a few weeks ago and they sent me a really nice and sincere email. 

Yes!  Always be gracious and professional.  Just reply saying something like "thank you for the update, sincerely nervous nellie."  It is still early in the application season and just because you're not being invited to interview now doesn't mean you won't later.  I've even met people that were not invited for an interview, received an official rejection, and then months later were offered a place in the same program.  That isn't the norm, but my point is you never know.

33 minutes ago, nervous_nellie said:

Should I respond to a personal email that is saying I was not invited for an interview? Had a skype interview with POI a few weeks ago and they sent me a really nice and sincere email. 

I did. I just sent an email that basically said thanks for letting me know. As @MarineBluePsy said, you don't know what will happen and you don't want to burn bridges. 

On 12/29/2016 at 0:10 AM, byn said:

To the 2 candidates who completed interviews w/ University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (Trauma track)- Would either of you mind messaging me your POIs initials?

Haven't seen POIs from this program conduct phone/skype interviews in the past (at all).. I wonder if it's one specific POI conducting these extremely early for his/her lab? :( 

I agree - @byn I applied to the trauma track also, if you hear I would love to know also :/

On 12/21/2016 at 0:41 PM, Sjbionia said:

Has anyone heard from Wichita state university, university of Tulsa, or university of Houston regarding clinical program interviews? 

I was invited by POI for an interview at U. Tulsa. Good luck!

On 12/21/2016 at 10:10 AM, Round2letsgo said:

Hi! Those that have heard from Miami University, could you PM me your POI? Thanks and congrats!

If anyone has heard from Miami U.. Please PM me also :) Thank you! Good luck @Round2letsgo

On 12/21/2016 at 3:45 PM, HopefullyDr said:

After feeling so hopeless, I was invited to an interview at one of my top choices. My last round of applications (2 years ago), I received zero interview invitations so I am feeling relieved.  Hopefully there is more good news (or any news at all) to come shortly! This process is so stressful.

I applied to Denver and Lincoln - please let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same! :) Also, I'm in the same boat as you - I applied 2 years about and didn't hear back from anyone. I've received one interview so far, which made me feel so much better. Hang in there, good luck!!

Hey all,

Quick issue that I hope someone applying to the University of Nevada-Reno can help with... I just received an email stating that I did not submit my Program Preference Form. However, I filled it out online and I received conflicting information in the email:

1. "not included in the materials you submitted"

2. "If you have not yet submitted one"

I am very confused, so any guidance would be awesome :)

4 hours ago, user590 said:

I applied to Denver and Lincoln - please let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same! :) Also, I'm in the same boat as you - I applied 2 years about and didn't hear back from anyone. I've received one interview so far, which made me feel so much better. Hang in there, good luck!!

I will let you know! Thank you very much. I will keep my fingers crossed for us both!

2 hours ago, HopefullyDr said:

I will let you know! Thank you very much. I will keep my fingers crossed for us both!

I also applied to Nebraska-Lincoln clinical so if you guys hear anything, will you keep me in the loop as well? Thanks!!

Hi guys! Thanks for starting this. Did you email every PI that you applied to work with? I only did so for a few PIs. For the remaining ones I just applied and had to see how things go.

Is emailing PIs always necessary?

20 minutes ago, MrTree said:

Hi guys! Thanks for starting this. Did you email every PI that you applied to work with? I only did so for a few PIs. For the remaining ones I just applied and had to see how things go.

Is emailing PIs always necessary?

I didn't email any!

Like @byn I don't think it's going to make or break your application, but emailing POIs prior to applying can be helpful. First, you can make sure they are even taking students. If they aren't, then there's no need to waste time and money in applying to that program. Some schools post this info on their websites, but a lot don't, and it's good to check with the the POI because they may be waiting on grant funding, etc. Second, if you've contacted the POI and had a positive interaction or they were impressed by your CV, they may keep an eye out for your application. 

I contacted all the POIs I was applying to work with. All eventually got back to me. Some sent a form email, but some were more personal and started a dialog with them,which I'm hoping will help. 

For applicants who have received an interview offer from Upenn and Michigan Ann Arbor, could you please PM me the initials of your PIs? I would be more than grateful. Thank you!!

1 hour ago, applyingtopsychgrad123 said:

I saw the schools listed below your name, so FSU extended all of its offers already? You are sure?

My POI told me I was out of the game on Dec. 2nd. One friend told me all interviews would be extended before Christmas.